• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Marlon "one punch man" Moraes

images

Fuck TJ and his request to fight Henry at 125 again, have him fight Marlon

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Holy shit at that main card next week. That is a lot of garbage to watch just to be disappointed once Silva gets sent to Valhalla .

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

Bisping is now second only to DC on commentary. Even better than Dom IMO, please book him on more events.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Am I the only one that isn't on that Stylebender hype train yet and think that +500 Spider bet is looking juicy ?

Spider is 43 and off the dick pills but damnit I still believe .

Stylebender was impressive against Brunson but let's be real...his competition prior has been shit.

Marvin Vetori? Brad Tavares? Rob Wilkinson?

I can't crown this dude yet for styling on some bottom feeders. I like the bet on Spider. Stylebenders chin will get tested, let's see how he handles that.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one that isn't on that Stylebender hype train yet and think that +500 Spider bet is looking juicy ?

Stylebender was impressive against Brunson but let's be real...his competition prior has been shit.

I can't crown this dude yet for styling on some bottom feeders. I like the bet on Spider. Stylebenders chin will get tested, let's see how he handles that.
I think Israel will win, but I think Silva has an ok chance at pulling off the upset, especially at those odds.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Cowboy has gone off on Ariel recently, it isnt surprising plus Donald doesnt really go off like that. I think he really feels strongly about that especially since he always goes on his show and thinks Ariel should have his back.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

I think the odds are pretty spot on. Israel showed he's the real deal and a potential champion against Brunson, while Anderson has looked to be on his way out for the past 5 years.

Nov 14, 2017

Oh man... now this is out of hand.

Adesanya hasn't beaten anyone of relevance, let's relax a bit
Adesanya only has a few UFC fights but I think you're overlooking his considerable combat sports résumé . His chin, endurance, fight IQ etc... have all been tested. That his best MMA win is Brunson leaves question marks if he were to go up against a current top 5 middleweight, but against an ancient Anderson Silva who has no stylistic advantages it's understandable he's the favourite. And yes, even in his prime Adesanya would be a bad match-up for Silva.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Maybe a hot take, but I think Kelvin and Whittaker fuck Adesanya up badly. Kelvin would probably knock him out in one round.

If he completely tools Anderson I might change my mind but he's been too hittable in the past to fuck with the top of the division imo.

Nov 14, 2017
Maybe a hot take, but I think Kelvin and Whittaker fuck Adesanya up badly. Kelvin would probably knock him out in one round.

If he completely tools Anderson I might change my mind but he's been too hittable in the past to fuck with the top of the division imo.
Do you have any examples in mind? Adesanya has the lowest strikes absorbed figure of anyone in the MW top 10 by a decent margin; I know UFC stats are so-so in terms of usefulness, but I only checked because the idea that he's especially hittable was foreign to me.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017
I really appreciate how UFC is letting the Israel/Silva fight do the promotional heavy lifting and I know that's partly due to the charisma of Israel and the allure of Silva, but still. In a way, it makes the event as a whole feel more complete and special and just knowing that whoever wins will likely be the next contender(barring shenanigans) gives a clear picture for what's next regardless of the outcome. Which I feel is something often taken for granted as fighters are just always being shuffled around and which will still likely happen if the winners get injured, but anyway, it's just to say that some cohesiveness going in to an event doesn't hurt even if the best-laid plans don't always come to pass.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Vettori definitely tagged Style Bender pretty well.

If Spider can implement his leg kicks well it can be a fight, needs to hamper Israel's movement quick .

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Sky Sports and Bellator just announced a live TV deal for the UK. This is pretty big news.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor

2:40 on is when the stupid shit happens. The ref didn't see the towel, and when the one fighter's corner visibly climbed the cage I assume the other fighter's corner did the same offscreen because they thought stupid shit would happen, and the combination of it all caused stupid shit to happen anyway lol

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

Yea I don't see it. I think Israel beats them both.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
We did it, friends

Colby Covington said:
I'm the biggest draw in this division right now. I'm not fighting for anything less than I deserve and I don't care what they say. I'll stand up for what's right and if that means never fighting again then that means never fighting again.

I've already built a great life for myself. I came from the projects. I came from trailer parks, growing up with one parent, just my mom, having to work four jobs. I don't need anything anymore. I've already made enough money where I'm healthy and I have investments and I have enough going on in my life that I don't need to fight ever again. You may never see me fight again. That's a possibility right now.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
I think I prefer this timeline of Colby just shouting into the void with no-one listening over him getting a shot at Woodley or Usman and being schooled.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wait Isreal will skip over the likes of Yoel and Paulo and get a chance at the belt if he wins this?

Him vs Yoel would legit look like a mismatch and would have been something to really solidify that he is a championship prospect.
No disrespect to Anderson but he isnt exactly a championship gate keeper.

Off Topic:
I cant stand hearing Nadia Kaseem talk, all the worst girls I knew in Aus sounded exactly like her so hearing her just brings bad memories.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Wait Isreal will skip over the likes of Yoel and Paulo and get a chance at the belt if he wins this?

Him vs Yoel would legit look like a mismatch and would have been something to really solidify that he is a championship prospect.
No disrespect to Anderson but he isnt exactly a championship gate keeper.

Off Topic:
I cant stand hearing Nadia Kaseem talk, all the worst girls I knew in Aus sounded exactly like her so hearing her just brings bad memories.

Israel has a shot of being the next big UFC fighter. His style is really entertaining and he has a ton of charisma. So i'm not surprised that the UFC would want to elevate him and potentially get another big PPV draw aside from Conor.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Why is colby so delusional?

He really believe in that best draw bullshit?
Nah, his whole gimmick is a really lame, bastardised, low-effort version of his daddy Chael and he knows it.

He knows his fights aren't exciting when he's literally half the wrestler Woodley is and has no other dimensions to his game.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to decide whether to buy UFC 234. I don't really know anything about the fighters outside the main and co-main - are those fights expected to be entertaining?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Trying to decide whether to buy UFC 234. I don't really know anything about the fighters outside the main and co-main - are those fights expected to be entertaining?

Id say its worth it just for the main and co-main.
Dont you have a bar or something nearby that you can watch at for free if you not sure if its worth the pony up

Nadia Kaseem has to prove herself with this fight.
If she doesnt show anything special here she might be back in the prelims so maybe that will be something.

Else the rest of the card doesnt seem particularly exciting, looks like one of those cards where we just need the locals cheering for someone, but those someones arent really anyones.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I was gonna set an alarm for about 4:30am but now I'll just catch the Adesanya/Silva highlights when I wake up.

Hope Bobby is okay.