• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes you wonder how Israel would have dealt with a prime full speed Silva - smh

Anderson was way older and more experienced when he made it to the UFC. We still have like 3-4 of development before Israel reaches the point of his career when Anderson was in the Matrix

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Easy 30-27, but about as fun of a 30-27 you are going to see. If this is it for Silva, this is such a great way to go out, showing he can still hold his own and do some of the things he did in his prime, as opposed to getting knocked the fuck out like so many other legends.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is not an impressive performance to me.

Scrub Bisping was able to drop Silva. This guy has no power.

Bisping has legit boxing basics that Adesanya had no interest in displaying today. Izzy knew he had this fight bagged and wanted to make it fun and hopefully win by something spectacular.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, Stylebender not crushing Silva probably gives him a false sense of confidence to keep fighting.

Was that "Rocky?" In... Australia?

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
That was a fun fight, even though it was clear that Adesanya was probably giving him too much credit. To put up that performance at age 43 is pretty unreal though, only Hendo and Couture looked semi-decent at that age.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Anderson fight at this point is kind of neat, because you see flashes, but you can tell he hasn't cared about winning for a while. At this point he is just messing around in there and trying to put on a half decent show.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I mean sure, you are allowed to find Anderson boring I guess. Everyone has their own tastes, but clowing and catching punches as a means of opening meaningful offense is very fun for most people.
It's exciting when fighters are capable of doing it effectively. Anderson has been capable of doing it for a long time.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Fight was more fun than expected. Pleasantly surprised that Silva was never in danger of getting KOd.

Missed opportunity for Adesanya, though. Seemed like Anderson had more to add to his highlight reel in defeat than he did in victory. Getting straight up clowned without an answer isn't a good look.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks the main event got cancelled last-second. Kelvin/Whittaker would have been good.

capture9xk8a.png

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Very fortunate they caught that shit with Whittaker.

Card was weak, but main event was entertaining enough, if only because Silva looked about as decent as he could considering his age. It should've been a five rounder though. Adesanya needs at least another fight with either Jacare or Romero (depending on who wins between Gastelum/Whittaker) before he gets a championship shot. He wasn't very impressive tonight, and I can see him losing to a couple of these dudes right now.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
So just saw the main event, I do agree with some people saying Anderson got carried but all the same I was very impressive how well Anderson fared even though he did get outlanded significantly. The leg kicks he took buckled him a few times and the way his eye was swelling up in round 3 from constantly taking straight left punches was the biggest thing here. Adesanya really wanted the highlight but this was a great fight and I am cool with Anderson losing a decision, even I did expect a KO, the decision is better, it means he can still hold his head up high in retirement, knowing he didn't get knocked out to end it like so many other fighters.

The one thing I didn't like was Anderson refusing to come off the cage after getting his legs blasted, he stated there fir a good minute and it might turn into a wall and stall type situation, but Adesanya refused to have any of it.