• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Gus is still a big step up in competition. Cirkunov was only ranked 14?
Will be very interesting. But I hope they dont throw him at Jones too soon.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
So the UFC, the company of a thousand interim titles, apparently values said titles so much, they'll now only make a title fight a main event for a PPV.

And that's why Conor-Cowboy isn't happening according to Joe Rogan. Goof at his worst. There are only a few title fights currently (Khabib-Tony, Jones-DC, Nunes-Holm maybe) in the whole damn company that wouldn't be entirely overshadowed by a non-title Conor fight as the co-main event

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Mama Woodley knows her shit, Usman is gonna keep that division on lockdown for a while.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017

Good to see this exchange happen
Easier to see Herb's regret here. I don't blame him, he gets a lot of shit but he's still one of the best in the world at this very difficult job. Robbie's stock won't drop from this loss.

Askren v Lawler II should happen eventually though.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
really hope they rebook soon, both dudes seem healthy enough?

plus maybe Ben can talk shit and say he slept him and this shit can get big

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that he was worried about taking an L is the important part here.
He's injury-prone, extremely rusty and completely lacking in confidence; losing to Jones reinforced what everyone was thinking, he's totally past his best.

Maybe Gus should pack on 20 lbs of muscle and try out Heavyweight 🤷🏻‍♂️

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
He's injury-prone, extremely rusty and completely lacking in confidence; losing to Jones reinforced what everyone was thinking, he's totally past his best.

Maybe Gus should pack on 20 lbs of muscle and try out Heavyweight 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't think Gus is rusty, I just think, much like Lee said to Ragin' Al, he was just the "same old Gus" and wasn't prepared for Jones preparing a proper game plan for him.

I know people are mad at Jones for the sanctioned roids thing but no need to slag his opponents to make him look worse; only Anthony Smith deserves that so far in my opinion.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I know people are mad at Jones for the sanctioned roids thing but no need to slag his opponents to make him look worse; only Anthony Smith deserves that so far in my opinion.
I don't think it makes Jones look worse at all. Jones dismantled both these guys and he would have if they were better fighters. Neither of these guys had any moments on top v Jon.

Gus was always inferior to Jones and DC and he's in worse shape now than he was 3 years ago, I think it's as simple as that.

brentech

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really mind Asken at all, but I don't like how he's walking away from that fight like he somehow dominated it.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I don't really mind Asken at all, but I don't like how he's walking away from that fight like he somehow dominated it.

I realize my POV might be in the minority, but surviving that barrage and then going on to (arguably) choke Lawler out moments later is impressive as hell. But I'm one of those people who thinks Lawler was out for a moment and then regained consciousness when Askren loosened the choke as Herb dean approached. The dudes hand hitting the mat like that is not something that happens unless you pass out.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I realize my POV might be in the minority, but surviving that barrage and then going on to (arguably) choke Lawler out moments later is impressive as hell. But I'm one of those people who thinks Lawler was out for a moment and then regained consciousness when Askren loosened the choke as Herb dean approached. The dudes hand hitting the mat like that is not something that happens unless you pass out.
Getting Angle Slammed, pounded almost to unconsciousness then coming back and winning in the SAME round is nothing short of incredible.
"I didn't wanna fight Robbie in the first place"

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
He didn't want to fight him because he likes the guy personally, not because he was scared of him. I really don't think Askren is scared of anyone.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He didn't want to fight him because he likes the guy personally, not because he was scared of him. I really don't think Askren is scared of anyone.

Don't get me wrong, my opinion on Herbs decision takes nothing away from Askren, if he wasn't fighting Lawler I would have been rooting for him.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I didn't think watching BJ fight anymore would hurt me, but losing to Clay Guida is gonna be a hard pill to swallow

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017

Jones second biggest draw for UFC now. Probably more important to UFC in grand scheme because he's gonna fight way more often than Conor.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Cody still only 27 years old but with some of these losses and injuries he could be one is those guys that ages fast. He needs to leave Alpha Male while he still has time to capitalize on his physical prime.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Cody still only 27 years old but with some of these losses and injuries he could be one is those guys that ages fast. He needs to leave Alpha Male while he still has time to capitalize on his physical prime.

He's never going to leave Alpha Male. Ever. Uriah would have to like fuck his wife for that to happen.

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Oct 25, 2017

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely not in his best interests, but I'm not going to fault the man for being loyal to the booooiiiiizzzzzzz

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
He deserves respect for surviving, but he took a massive beatdown and then Herb fucked up and gave him the win. The only fight that makes sense for them is a rematch.

Since watching the Gracie Breakdown I've solidified my opinion that the choke was sunk and with a minute forty on the clock it was only a matter of time. Yes it was an early stoppage and Robbie was probably not out, but he wasn't gonna escape that choke.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Romero v Jacare II is being made for April 27th

You have to wonder what they do with the winner. Whittaker will be out for a while and by the time of this fight there will be an Interim Champion so you'd have to assume that title will be defended against the winner of this fight before Bobby gets back.

I'd be legit scared for Adesanya/Gastelum's lives against Yoel.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Great fight. Ortega gonna have to pull something out of his bag of tricks yet again I feel. Zabit gonna be big favourite.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Brian's problem is relying on his size and striking/clincing to implement his ground game.

That doesn't work when you fight a superior striker (Holloway) or an incredible wrestler. I feel Zabit beats Ortega standing or on the ground, unless he gets sloppy and T-City catches him in a submission.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
Which shitshow are you looking forward to most?

Paulie vs Artem - Bareknuckle FC

Roy Jones vs Vitor - One FC

MVP vs Lima - Bellator