• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
She just needs to go home relax get herself back in the game.
Assuming she doesnt decide enough, she wins the belt her next fight whomever its against.

But landing on your neck like that cant be good for your health.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Rose can easily get the belt back whenever she comes back. I hope she doesn't retire but if she did I can't blame her, that was the scariest thing I've ever seen in mma.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After all that shit with Mcgregor, JJ, and now this near-death experience I wouldn't blame Rose to just get the fuck away from the UFC.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also thought the slam was illegal at first, had no clue about that "hold on to the sub" rule.

Am I the only one that was annoyed with Dominic Cruz? Dude kept telling us how smart Thiago Alves is with his passive 1 strike a round fighting style.
Alves lost his killer instinct somewhere in a GSP takedown and its not VETERAN THINKING that he can't pull the trigger.
Oh look, he lost another fucking decision. Aldo had the same issue and Anderson probably would have displayed it too. It's tough to stay fighting for a long time and keep the edge. But no, thanks to Cruz I know that they are just "waiting for the right moment" showing "how smart they are".

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Cruz has the same bug that Rogan has where he picks up on something he likes from a fighter early on and then sticks with that praise regardless of where the fight goes. Was the same deal in the Penn fight, where BJ started off well and they didn't stop talking about how great he looked until he was a punching bag in round three, having already lost the last round decisively. They also should have noticed Andrade getting her way with backing Rose to the cage and ripping in body shots in the 2nd round. It wasn't a fluke KO.

It doesn't help that UFC doesn't allow anyone to clearly state who is winning rounds, and it leads to some annoying favouritism.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Cruz lost a lot of cred after the whole 'why doesn't Conor just get up' during the Khabib fight.

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rose Namajunas needs to see a therapist, I think she has mental blocks that keep her from reaching her full potential. It hurts to see her lose, she looks like such a nice person.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Also thought the slam was illegal at first, had no clue about that "hold on to the sub" rule.

Am I the only one that was annoyed with Dominic Cruz? Dude kept telling us how smart Thiago Alves is with his passive 1 strike a round fighting style.
Alves lost his killer instinct somewhere in a GSP takedown and its not VETERAN THINKING that he can't pull the trigger.
Oh look, he lost another fucking decision. Aldo had the same issue and Anderson probably would have displayed it too. It's tough to stay fighting for a long time and keep the edge. But no, thanks to Cruz I know that they are just "waiting for the right moment" showing "how smart they are".
i still remember the khabib vs conor fight where conor was down and mauled but for cruz was a tactic to make khabib tired...

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the Bellator show, but was there controversy in that Pitbull/Chandler decision? Chandler went flat, even if for just a split second, refs have to make decisions in a split second sometimes. That was a good stoppage.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on the Bellator show, but was there controversy in that Pitbull/Chandler decision? Chandler went flat, even if for just a split second, refs have to make decisions in a split second sometimes. That was a good stoppage.

Dude was out cold and eating consecutive punches that woke him up later. Good stoppage and not worth the controversy.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Frankie gets his shot against Max at UFC 240, can't see him getting the win. Ortega vs Zabit is supposed to be on the same card, don't think Zabit is quite ready for that yet either.

Not sure where this leaves Volkan, they'll probably try to get him to fight Moicano?

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
Really fast turn around for Max, I thought he'd take a few more months off and then return vs Volkanovski. I also don't see Frankie taking it, as he has losses against Aldo and Ortega. Not really sure how Frankie got the shot off a single win vs Cub but I don't hate it. It's a real shame Max lost his winning streak, and i hope he doesn't kill himself cutting back down to 145 after the Poirier fight.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
What dirt does Ali have on Dana?

Doubt it's anything that scandalous. He probably gets by through competitive rates and maybe some package deals or something with his huge stable of fighters. It's worth it to take a paycut if the championship ends up with you, then you get a chunk more leverage.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inside Megan Anderson's 25-pound weight cut

The 6-foot Anderson's weight cut is hard enough -- a gradual drop from 170 to 146 pounds -- but that week was particularly arduous.

Anderson said as soon as she arrives for fight week, Minton takes over her nutrition completely. Whatever he brings her to eat, she eats. That includes more than 3,000 calories over six meals per day, featuring omelettes, chicken thighs, salmon cakes and what Minton calls "calorie bombs" -- almond butter, oats, coconut, cacao and honey rolled into balls. During fight week, Anderson doesn't do hard training, just drilling techniques.

"She's going to be eating more calories while she's cutting weight than a lot of fighters are eating 10 weeks out," Minton said. "The thing with her, too, is being such a well-conditioned athlete, her metabolic rate is very, very high. So, she burns fast. We've gotta keep stoking that fire. If we start to starve her, she'll lose a little bit of weight, but then her metabolism is gonna slow down, her training is gonna suffer. We're not gonna be able to lose good weight."

For Anderson, that weight benchmark is about 161 pounds, and she tries to be around that when she gets to the host city on the Tuesday before a Saturday fight. The Australian will eventually drop roughly 25 pounds from her initial weight by Friday morning, an amount Minton says is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, cuts among women in the UFC.

That's when Anderson, like many of her MMA peers, will get into a hot bathtub to sweat out the rest of the weight. Minton said Anderson will spend up to 15-25 minutes in the tub at a time, but the water won't be scalding. She might need to do three to four of those sessions, while trying to maintain a sweat during the breaks, to finally get down to 146 pounds.

Anderson's job during fight week, she said, is following Minton's instructions. That extends to the rehydration process once she makes the weight. Anderson has to be at a healthy fight weight, at peak performance, when she steps inside the Octagon. Anderson weighed 157 pounds on fight night against Zingano, per the California State Athletic Commission.

What Megan Anderson ate on May 14
Meal 1
• Egg omelette with basil, tomato, red chiles
• Berries
Meal 2
• "Calorie bombs" (almond butter, oats, coconut, cacao, honey rolled into a ball)
Meal 3
• Chicken thighs
• Orange and walnut salad
Meal 4
• "Calorie bombs"
Meal 5
• Salmon cake with berry compote and avocado
Meal 6
• "Calorie bombs"
• Water intake for day: two gallons

Interesting article on Anderson's weight cut.

She's 6'0" and ~170lbs at the beginning of camp. She Enters fight week at 161lbs. She goes into caloric deficit while eating 3000 cals, and then gets to 146lbs through dehydration. She then rehydrates back up to 157lbs for fight-night. Ta-da!