• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Someone was saying Kratos' physique in GoW 2018 is nigh impossible but Francis Ngannou is out here looking like he's about to lift an entire tree with one arm.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
JDS gave the fight away. Well whatever...

That was his last chance to be someone who would be considered a great fighter.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
As much as I didn't think much of Stipe, I have to give him the credit, he seems to be the only heavyweight that didn't try to just overcommit on a KO shot like Overeem and JDS just did. (Well, it is not like Blaydes could knock out well, anyone)

You gotta go though fire with him and drag him into deep water. Or he hurts you.

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Stipe looking better and better after each Ngannou win.
As much as I didn't think much of Stipe, I have to give him the credit, he seems to be the only heavyweight that didn't try to just overcommit on a KO shot like Overeem and JDS just did. (Well, it is not like Blaydes could knock out well, anyone)

You gotta go though fire with him and drag him into deep water. Or he hurts you.
Stipe is a warrior, definitely underrated as a champion with all of the big names surrounding him in the HW division.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What was up with the Black Beast fight? Glad to see that it looks like a total aberration.

I kinda stopped watching UFC for a couple of months because it was getting pretty boring with all the cancellations and the hideous match-making and the constant callouts and meaningless standings, but I decided to tune in to the Korean Zombie card and that was a great night, and this was a great night too. Looking hella forward to the Jon Jones card next week.

I'm back in!

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
What was up with the Black Beast fight? Glad to see that it looks like a total aberration.

I kinda stopped watching UFC for a couple of months because it was getting pretty boring with all the cancellations and the hideous match-making and the constant callouts and meaningless standings, but I decided to tune in to the Korean Zombie card and that was a great night, and this was a great night too. Looking hella forward to the Jon Jones card next week.

I'm back in!
Not sure when you stopped, but this year has been pretty good so far.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Ngannou's career seemed to be all but over at one point, but he's found that edge that seemed to have disappeared.

Still unsure if he has a plan b for the odd fighter that manages to ride the early onslaught.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm back in!

The fights have never been better, but at the same time they have never been more meaningless.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
The most nuts MMA thing last night was Cage Warriors 106. Not linking it because it's really not safe for viewing while at work but just twitter search it and you'll find gifs and vids of Ross Houston vs Nicholas Dalby, which got stopped and ruled a No Contest in the third round because there was so much blood on the mat by that point they couldn't stand up and kept slipping trying

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting to try out MMA for a while now but I cant find the rulebook for it, do you guys know where i can find it? I wanna know what kind of (mostly Tekken) moves I can get away with:

Mishima hellsweep (a low sweep)
Feng b1 (a palm to the face)
Tickling
Turning your back towards the opponent (because I know that if you hit someone's back in MMA you're disqualified)
Eddy's Relax stance AKA sitting down (its from Capoeira I swear)
Bryan's Orbital Heel (a vertical jumping kick where you hit the opponent with your heel)
Bryan's Snake Edge (another low sweep but this time you crouch while doing it)
Zangief's Spinning Lariat

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The rules say "just bleed", bro, and I think everyone who trains UFC needs to understand and respect the guiding principle, bro.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
I've been wanting to try out MMA for a while now but I cant find the rulebook for it, do you guys know where i can find it? I wanna know what kind of (mostly Tekken) moves I can get away with:

Mishima hellsweep (a low sweep)
Feng b1 (a palm to the face)
Tickling
Turning your back towards the opponent (because I know that if you hit someone's back in MMA you're disqualified)
Eddy's Relax stance AKA sitting down (its from Capoeira I swear)
Bryan's Orbital Heel (a vertical jumping kick where you hit the opponent with your heel)
Bryan's Snake Edge (another low sweep but this time you crouch while doing it)
Zangief's Spinning Lariat

Which ruleset/revision they use in your area/country depends on your local commission. Also some MMA organisations allow different things (One Championship allows knees to the head of a grounded opponent as an example).

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Went back and rewatched that minute long main event. JDS's overhand was so amateurish, I really dont know what he was thinking. You can see Ngannou get his timing on the legkick beforehand, and Junior throws out an wild overhead. I guess he thought he might have set it up with the kick, but it even if it had connected, it was so risky to throw that right after, and then he gets clipped and gives his back up right away because of how vulnerable he made himself with that punch.

Just crazy.

Prolepro

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Bobby Knuckles slipped Israel's weak trashtalk game like a real champ in the Summer Press Conference.

I like Adesanya well enough, but lately he's making me really hope Rob keeps the belt.

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone think Thiago Santos has a shot tomorrow?

A fair percentage of analysts have actually picked Santos for a variety of reasons. Santos is unstable as hell and can definitely lose a fight he is winning, but he has his upside. A kick heavy pressure game has worked against Jones before and Santos is the strongest kickboxer that Jones has fought. If a normal Jones fight has him at like 95% to win, I would put this one at like 80%.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
A fair percentage of analysts have actually picked Santos for a variety of reasons. Santos is unstable as hell and can definitely lose a fight he is winning, but he has his upside. A kick heavy pressure game has worked against Jones before and Santos is the strongest kickboxer that Jones has fought. If a normal Jones fight has him at like 95% to win, I would put this one at like 80%.

Is that better or worse than Holm's chances?

Masoyama

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is that better or worse than Holm's chances?

Its such a weird event. Holm has more "reasonable" ways to win this fight buy I really don't see where she is gonna truly beat modern Nunes. Santos has one really improbable way of winning that just happens to line really well with Jones apparent weakness

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Great card! Yeah Askren vs Masvidal gonna be good. Excited for the Rockhold fight too.