• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bah can't believe DC fucked that up. Totally thought he had that in the bag even before the fight started and then he seemed to dominate the fight. How did he mess that up? He was just walking into Stipe and went for a boxing match.

Stipe sucks, I don't like him. Boring champing, doesn't impress me with his fighting either.

He won cuz DC fucked up royally. Guy got a little turn around in the fourth, big whoop.

He's not the greatest for shit.
DC's once great cardio at heavyweight is gone. That's why he lost. I'm now convinced the first fight would've eventually ended the same way had DC not knocked him out.

Stipe's an all-around solid fighter, but overrated by the UFC hype machine. He just happens to win 3 fights in a row as UFC champ, and they call him the greatest ever. lol

Fedor and Overeem are more accomplished than him. You could make a case for Barnett and Crocop being more accomplished than him. Strikeforce DC, Overeem (Ubereem edition), and prime Cain probably all beat Stipe.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
DC was kicking his ass.

He was just being super careless. DC was in his face with his hands down and doing the same thing over and over again. He won cuz DC messed up badly. I dunno what that was about.

Plus DC arguably had his ass out in the first. He's lucky that didn't get stopped.

I'm not impressed by the guy getting smacked around for 3 rounds, body slammed, etc, only to win cuz he got a few gut punches and DC fucked up.

Stipe strikes me as the kinda guy who just happens to win, but doesn't really do anything impressive to get those wins. It's like "yeah dude, you got like 2 mins of good punches that messed up DC but you got rocked for 3 rounds straight".

Not impressed. And he's not likeable whatsoever.
I really dont know what to say except look at his record. No idea how you can say that looking at his resumé. The man stopped the Ngannou train taking him the distance which is a belt in itself.

He looked at his situation and adapted, and it got him the belt. He did what he needed to do to win, and it wasnt just some wild shot out of nowhere which was DC basically beat him with. The fact DC failed so hard shouldnt be ignored but it's not fair to Stipe to downplay this win.

Stipe continues to get slept on.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy he still does this

This was a great read!

I think Stipe is a fun champ for the division but I'm afraid for his brain. His "stand and bang"/ terrible defense thing is going to age really
badly once he goes over that threshold that all of those fighters cross. Gonna get knocked out by "small punches" in a weight class were everyone hits hard.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Love the Sherdog tier salty posts. Barnett better than Stipe holy fuck now I've seen it all.

Only people that are ahead of Stipe are Fedor and Big Nog. Overeem, Cro Cop, JDS and Stipe are all about the same level

Last edited:

HotAndTender

Dec 6, 2017
I don't understand Till v Gastelum but i want to see it.

He looked at his situation and adapted, and it got him the belt. He did what he needed to do to win

Stipe continues to get slept on.

He pretty much was out in the first and got played with for the other 2 rounds. Not that Stipe was the better man, DC should of ended it earlier.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the Sherdog tier salty posts. Barnett better than Stipe holy fuck now I've seen it all.

Only people that are ahead of Stipe are Fedor and Big Nog. Overeem, Cro Cop, JDS and Stipe are all about the same level
He wasn't clean, but Barnett was a good fighter with a lot of quality wins. Not saying he's better, but prime Barnett vs Stipe is actually a give and take matchup stylistically. If you could take both of them at their peak, there wouldn't be a heavy favorite either way.

All these other top heavyweights we've been mentioning were fighting in more renowned heavyweight divisions and managed to stay relevant over like 12-20 years. Stipe goes on one run and he's the 'greatest ever.' All predicated on the fact that he managed to get 3 title defenses in a row in an aging, middling heavyweight division compared to others before it.

UFC/Dana/Rogan need to chill with this greatest ever talk every time someone gets a reign going. Off the top of my head; Stipe, Nunes, Ronda, Dillashaw, Holloway, have all gotten this premature GOAT hype. Maybe some of them will get there, maybe not. But chill.

Only guys I feel safe to call GOATs are Mighty Mouse, and Fedor to a lesser extent.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
He wasn't clean, but Barnett was a good fighter with a lot of quality wins. Not saying he's better, but prime Barnett vs Stipe is actually a give and take matchup stylistically. If you could take both of them at their peak, there wouldn't be a heavy favorite either way.

All these other top heavyweights we've been mentioning were fighting in more renowned heavyweight divisions and managed to stay relevant over like 12-20 years. Stipe goes on one run and he's the 'greatest ever.' All predicated on the fact that he managed to get 3 title defenses in a row in an aging, middling heavyweight division compared to others before it.

UFC/Dana/Rogan need to chill with this greatest ever talk every time someone gets a reign going. Off the top of my head; Stipe, Nunes, Ronda, Dillashaw, Holloway, have all gotten this premature GOAT hype. Maybe some of them will get there, maybe not. But chill.

Only guys I feel safe to call GOATs are Mighty Mouse, and Fedor to a lesser extent.
I was a little harsh on Barnett there, my bad, I think he's right there behind the guys I mentioned with Cain, Randy, Brock, then Arlovski etc. 2004-2010-ish was absolutely the best HW era. UFC are hyping up their product, which can be annoying because they just throw 20 years of history out the window every time a new champ is crowned, I stopped caring what they say because it'a so obviously biased.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping that Gastelum v Romero would be the fight to make.

Till is going to get slept again.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
This this this.

I wouldn't mind Stipe so much if he wasn't paraded around as the best ever. Fuck that noise. He's not even close to the best and his two performances against DC very much prove that.

He pretty much was out in the first and got played with for the other 2 rounds. Not that Stipe was the better man, DC should of ended it earlier.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Who does this? The UFC certainly don't.

What?

Joe Rogan and Dana White run their mouth all the time about this fighter being the best of all time, that fighter being the best, etc.

It's super annoying to hear and it's basically the boy who cried wolf at this point. Can't take anything they say seriously cuz every fighter is the best of all time.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
What?

Joe Rogan and Dana White run their mouth all the time about this fighter being the best of all time, that fighter being the best, etc.

It's super annoying to hear and it's basically the boy who cried wolf at this point. Can't take anything they say seriously cuz every fighter is the best of all time.
The Ngannou fight wasn't that long ago. UFC had practically crowned Francis the HW Champion-elect and that the fight with Stipe would be merely a formality.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Stipe is the most accomplished UFC heavyweight ever

The division was shit for a long time and exposed by a 44 year old light heavyweight, and then proceeded to flip flop back and forth until he came around

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't able to watch the card because I was out of town, but made an effort to see the replay because my very quiet MMA group chat was raving about it.

I have to say, this was a fantastic card.

Mike Beltran's beard braids being absent sent me immediately to google, and I am elated that they were merely tucked.

First two fights were bangers.

Yoel robbed.

Nate sat out his prime.

Stipe with the hellacious body shots.

And the crowd was awesome! Boo that MAGA fuck.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Firas Zahabi went off on Conor in a recent livestream and pretty much summed up better than I've heard

I'm paraphrasing but he essentially said 'He probably thought nobody was filming. We know that when nobody's looking, McGregor will do the most disgusting acts.. those are his true colours"

The man behind the character is very, very dark.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
DC's father passed away. Cancer. I suspect this is a huge bit of context now known re his fight with Stipe.

I can't imagine going through a camp with your father and your family going through that.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Penn got KTFO in a bar fight. CTE? Drugs? Or just an out-of-control asshole?
All of the above. That clip of him getting KO'd on the concrete is... disturbing. He was actively asking the dude to smack him, compounding the head trauma he's already received in his life.

He needs intervention from family, friends, the UFC, Dana.. or this this is going to end with him killing someone or himself.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you get paid for those Bare Knuckle fights? It seems like a relatively small company right now, so it's hard to imagine that they're making all that much. Especially given just how much damage they're going to be receiving as a result.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bigfoot and Gonzaga fighting bk and Rumble on his way back to the UFC as a heavyweight.

Whatyearisit.gif

Also, BJ needs help.

Last edited:

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
How much do you get paid for those Bare Knuckle fights? It seems like a relatively small company right now, so it's hard to imagine that they're making all that much. Especially given just how much damage they're going to be receiving as a result.
Jason-Knight-and-Artem-Lobov-400x400.png

~$36,000 on the left, ~$50,000 on the right

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
UFC Fight Night 157 Main Card on ESPN+ (6 a.m. ET, Aug 31):

115 lbs.: UFC Women's Strawweight Champion Jessica Andrade vs. Weili Zhang
170 lbs.: Li Jingliang vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
125 lbs.: Mark De La Rosa vs. Kai Kara-France
145 lbs.: Movsar Evloev vs. Zhenhong LuScratched (full details here)
170 lbs.: Song Kenan vs. Derrick Krantz
115 lbs.: Mizuki Inoue vs. Wu Yanan

UFC Fight Night 157 'Prelims' on ESPN (3 a.m. ET, Aug 31):

185 lbs.: Anthony Hernandez vs. Jun Yong Park
135 lbs.: Andre Soukhamthath vs. Su Mudaerji
205 lbs.: Da Un Jung vs. Khadis Ibragimov
155 lbs.: Damir Ismagulov vs. Thiago Moises
135 lbs.: Heili Alateng vs. Danaa Batgerel
135 lbs.: Lara Procopio vs. Karol Rosa

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
UFC Fight Night 157 Main Card on ESPN+ (6 a.m. ET, Aug 31):

115 lbs.: UFC Women's Strawweight Champion Jessica Andrade vs. Weili Zhang
170 lbs.: Li Jingliang vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
125 lbs.: Mark De La Rosa vs. Kai Kara-France
145 lbs.: Movsar Evloev vs. Zhenhong LuScratched (full details here)
170 lbs.: Song Kenan vs. Derrick Krantz
115 lbs.: Mizuki Inoue vs. Wu Yanan

UFC Fight Night 157 'Prelims' on ESPN (3 a.m. ET, Aug 31):

185 lbs.: Anthony Hernandez vs. Jun Yong Park
135 lbs.: Andre Soukhamthath vs. Su Mudaerji
205 lbs.: Da Un Jung vs. Khadis Ibragimov
155 lbs.: Damir Ismagulov vs. Thiago Moises
135 lbs.: Heili Alateng vs. Danaa Batgerel
135 lbs.: Lara Procopio vs. Karol Rosa
xfuLODE.png

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Really weird lighting at the fake weight ins. Made it look like there was a plastic filter on the video.

It's been a while since we've had a crap on paper but ultimately a bangin' card. Fingers crossed.