• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
First title defence, on a Fight Night, get finished in under a minute 😂

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
That was a fun main card.

I'm glad I didn't wake up early to watch it, but it was worth catching the replay at least

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
Zhang is just too damn good. Silly Joanna ducking her by stating she doesn't know her. Zhang will be champion for quite some time.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Zhang is a charming talented lass but she ain't a Shevchenko or Nunes, yet. No one at strawweight has a significant advantage over all of the other contenders. Sadly Joanna should easily have her number. Hopefully they give the first shot to Rose or Suarez so we don't have to suffer through her again.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
UFC 242 Main Card On ESPN+ PPV (2 p.m. ET, Sat, Sept 7th):

155 lbs.: Lightweight Champion Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Interim Lightweight Champion Dustin Poirier
155 lbs.: Edson Barboza vs. Paul Felder
155 lbs.: Islam Makhachev vs. Davi Ramos
265 lbs.: Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Curtis Blaydes
155 lbs.: Diego Ferreira vs. Mairbek Taisumov

UFC 242 Prelims Card On FX (12 p.m. ET):

125 lbs.: Joanne Calderwood vs. Andrea Lee
145 lbs.: Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Lerone Murphy
135 lbs.: Liana Jojua vs. Sarah Moraes
170 lbs.: Ottman Azaitar vs. Teemu Packalen

UFC 242 Prelims Card On Fight Pass (10 a.m. ET):

170 lbs.: Belal Muhammad vs. Takashi Sato
170 lbs.: Muslim Salikhov vs. Nordine Taleb
185 lbs.: Omari Akhmedov vs. Zak Cummings
155 lbs.: Don Madge vs. Fares Ziam

Last edited:

RivalCore

Oct 28, 2017

No way could they pass up on showing the Khabib and Conor fight. Also not surprised at all they kept the brawl in at the end. For all the pearl clutching, they've never shied from showing that and the dolly footage any chance they get!

I haven't seen the fight since it was on, but I never realized how much Conor was cheating in the 3rd. The knee to the head and glove holding were particularly shitty.

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
conor also looked a step slower in that Khabib fight than he did in his previous fights. 100 million dollars will slow most fighters down though.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
The TNA of MMA

Never book Del Rio El Patron. He'd no-show his own fucking funeral.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No way could they pass up on showing the Khabib and Conor fight. Also not surprised at all they kept the brawl in at the end. For all the pearl clutching, they've never shied from showing that and the dolly footage any chance they get!
Not only did they keep the brawl, but they edited in better angles of the action than what was shown live. lol

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
This will be BTs second PPV. Not getting this one, it's a real lacklustre card. Barboza-Felder the only great fight on it.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Would have preferred to have Cyborg go to PFL for one season then onto Bellator. Budd fight or a tourney then have her on a Rizin card alongside Gabi at Saitama fighting retired pro wrestlers. Bestest NYE ever!

Oct 25, 2017
Dana white says the event on Saturday is trending to be one of the most bought ever.... Do you believe him or he knows it's gonna do shit and is trying everything to get ppl to watch in the afternoon?

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
It will probably do well, but that card sucks. So all those potential buys are going to be new Khabib fans then? Cause I dont know why anyone would get it for any other fight on that card, or do they want to see RHCP perform?

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Dana white says the event on Saturday is trending to be one of the most bought ever.... Do you believe him or he knows it's gonna do shit and is trying everything to get ppl to watch in the afternoon?
Maybe every Russian and Muslim is buying the PPV and we don't know. It definitely won't do good numbers on NA and EU buys alone even if the Conor win did significantly raise Khabib's profile globally.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe every Russian and Muslim is buying the PPV and we don't know. It definitely won't do good numbers on NA and EU buys alone even if the Conor win did significantly raise Khabib's profile globally.

He is basing it off how many views Khabib's fights got on Youtube after they put them up last week

Like I'm pretty hyped for the fight but haven't heard casual fans talk about it at all

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the UFC is going to finally stop BJ from fighting for them...because he's been doing street fights

There will be a stage show at the Playstation booth

UFC president Dana White told ESPN on Thursday he will not offer the 40-year-old legend another bout in the Octagon, on the heels of two videos that were released of Penn fighting on the streets in Hawai'i.

The UFC was working on booking Penn (16-14-2) a fight against Nik Lentz before the end of the year, but those plans are now off, according to White.

"He won't fight again, that's it," White told ESPN. "That's a wrap. It's not even that this was the last straw. I didn't love him continuing to fight anyway, but with the relationship that he and I have -- he gets me on the phone, begging me for another fight. It's hard to turn him down.

"After what I saw in that video, BJ needs to, you know, he needs to focus on his personal life before he thinks about fighting."

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He is basing it off how many views Khabib's fights got on Youtube after they put them up last week

Like I'm pretty hyped for the fight but haven't heard casual fans talk about it at all

I have buddies that talked about wanting to buy the PPV but did not even know that it airs during the day (easter time).
So those plans are now shattered because of family things going on during the day.

And it really is not a great PPV (like the next one as well) on top of that.
Great main event and not much more in terms of storylines. Hoping for the upset personally but I don't think Khabib is old enough yet
for that.

KefkaPalazzo

Oct 25, 2017
I really like this card.

Khabib-Dustin is a great main event obviously.

Barboza-Felder 1 was an amazing fight, so why not run it back now that Edson is out of any potential title contention and Felder is climbing the ranks.

Islam vs Ramos is a potential gem. 17-1 vs 10-2, Khabib's boy and one of the best combat Sambo champs in the world vs a mostly dominant fighter who is one of the best BJJ practitioners in the world and has called out Khabib. Elite talents.

Blaydes-Abdurakhimov is a fight Blaydes should win with his wrestling and ground and pound, but the Russian has power in his hands and experience on his side. Or maybe Blaydes will just KO him on the feet, it is heavyweight after all.

Taisumov-Ferreira is a prime example of an opening fight of two guys who probably won't ever be in the title picture but are both good fighters who can put on a show.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
2019 Poirier is a different animal, it's in no way an exaggeration to call this Khabib's toughest fight to date, and the toughest he could've taken that isn't Tony.

Pulling for Dustin, been a fan for years and watching him amass such an impressive winstreak of big names has been a great ride for one of MMA's good guys; but I just feel like this will be like the McGregor [and every other Khabib] fight where it's an open contest until Khabib lands that first takedown. I dunno, I think Dustin has a skillset wide and deep enough to take Khabib to a decision but I still don't see any other outcome than the Champ retaining 🤷🏻‍♂️

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Dustin's arc has been swell. I hope he gets the W against the very tough and great Eagle, but Khabib is going to make it a tough fight for Dustin.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
EDwnRK4UYAI_CYO.jpg:large

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
It's strange that in times of Trump and his swamp people the buddies in the UFC haven't been able to resolve Khabib's father's visa issues. Mustn't be a high priority.