• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
It's shocking how much better the DAZN stream is here in Germany compared to the UFC app. Unfortunately they don't broadcast the early prelims.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it always makes me sad when a man who was born and raised (and lives?) here in Germany doesn't refer to the country with one word. Not angry, just sad that we apparently still have long way to go.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
usually ufc tries to stack a card with a huge fight on it for residual popularity for the other fighters on the card

shame they are not doing it this time

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Opposite of Siever who is always proud to be a Mannheim boy.
Who was the fighter? I had to run some errands.

Ottman Azaitar, but it's almost the same with Nasrat Haqparast. The ironic thing is that they're super talented rising stars and probably could help German MMA a lot if they were a little bit more visible to the general public as being from Germany. So it would be in their own and the UFC's interest. Some money could be made down the line. We like to adopt fighters who have much less to do with Germany than those guys. The Klitschko brothers basically were Germans despite being not and made most of their career here. Again, not saying they should deny their heritage.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ottman Azaitar, but it's almost the same with Nasrat Haqparast. The ironic thing is that they're super talented rising stars and probably could help German MMA a lot if they were a little bit more visible to the general public as being from Germany. So it would be in their own and the UFC's interest. Some money could be made down the line. We like to adopt fighters who have much less to do with Germany than those guys. The Klitschko brothers basically were Germans despite being not and made most of their career here. Again, not saying they should deny their heritage.

German MMA in general is a bit weird if I remember correctly. Topic for another day but the folks I trained with back then
and what I still see of the gyms, its a certain slice of society that seems to be drawn to it.
Way less mixed in terms of income, race and education then here in Canada. Watched Tageschau last week and MMA was mentioned when
they talked about some AFD / Nazi garbage. Hard to escape these coloration.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019

Considering the racist manner in which Ozil was treated, I don't see why they should have to say they are German in any way at all. They clearly don't feel German, and that's the fault of German culture, which deny's multiculturalism and demands assimilation. Plus the constant undercurrent of racism that is just part of Germany.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
German MMA in general is a bit weird if I remember correctly. Topic for another day but the folks I trained with back then
and what I still see of the gyms, its a certain slice of society that seems to be drawn to it.
Way less mixed in terms of income, race and education then here in Canada. Watched Tageschau last week and MMA was mentioned when
they talked about some AFD / Nazi garbage. Hard to escape these coloration.

To me professional combat sports seem dominated by Germans with a Turkish or East European background or straight out imported people. There probably is a bubble at the other end of the political spectrum as well like you mentioned. I think it's just not an environment for the middle of society, but I don't know enough to give more than my impressions.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
It's strange that they haven't found a way to cool the octagon down, maybe with ventilation or something. You'd think they'd have some solution considering how artificial the whole region is built.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Have to wonder if the heat will have any effect on the outcomes of fights

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
This could be a 3-round banger or over in 30 seconds. Don't blink.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scores made no sense, but the right guy won. Good for the Irish dragon.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
would love to see Dustin do it but it feels like we will probably get Khabib v Tony after this and I need to see that before I die

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Khabib is my favorite active fighter, but I kinda want Poirer to win. Total domination can make fighters boring.