• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Poirier knows he fucked up. Whatever the gameplan was, it sure did not involve sloppy hooks, backing himself against the fence and jumping on guillotines. He is still an amazing person though, cant get away from the fighter he naturally is though.

Oct 25, 2017
Khabib vs Ferguson up next. That's the fight I want to see the most.

Conor vs Poirier would be interesting but I doubt we'll see it.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Khabib is such a hero. Saying its not good to be too rich and he doesn't like being famous. So refreshing. He just completely dominated one of the best UFC fighters around. Most people were saying Dustin is his toughest matchup.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Khabib is such a hero. Saying its not good to be too rich and he doesn't like being famous. So refreshing. He just completely dominated one of the best UFC fighters around. Most people were saying Dustin is his toughest matchup.

I hope your joking.

Of course he doesn't care about how much money he is getting paid by the UFC. He is bankrolled by the russian mob and dictators.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Respect to Poirier, but this was expected. Khabib is insane.

Khabib was the favorite, but everyone thought Dustin had a very good shot at winning. Plenty predicted he would win. Many said this is his toughest matchup possible. Lets not down play this win at all. Look at Poirers streak.

The majority of UFC fighters predicted Conor would beat Khabib as well. Most UFC fighters thought Khabib would lose to Conor.

Khabib is just a badass.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
I hope your joking.

Of course he doesn't care about how much money he is getting paid by the UFC. He is bankrolled by the russian mob and dictators.

You're joking. Not your. And no I am not joking. Strange thing to hope for. Even stranger that you seem to detect any humor or insincerity when there is obviously none.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Khabib was the favorite, but everyone thought Dustin had a very good shot at winning. Plenty predicted he would win. Many said this is his toughest matchup possible. Lets not down play this win at all. Look at Poirers streak.

The majority of UFC fighters predicted Conor would beat Khabib as well. Most UFC fighters thought Khabib would lose to Conor.

Khabib is just a badass.
Khabib is on another level. Plain and simple. The fighters from Dagestan are ruthless.

Sleuth

alt account
Banned
Jul 18, 2019
After this press conference got so much more respect for both Dustin and Khabib. Both, just great guys.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I had Felder taking rds. 2 and 3, but honestly, 30-27 Barboza wasn't a bad score. When Bruce Buffer read the last judge's score of 30-27, everyone knew he was about to say "Barboza," not least of all Felder, so when he won... wow. I mean, okay, he deserved the win, but how the fuck does he get the first rd.?

I thought Poirier did amazing. He hurt Khabib standing up, he threatened a guillotine on the ground, but arm-in, it's so hard to do against the cage:

(I don't do mma, just watch quite a bit, so it didn't "look right," in terms of being able to finish from there, the above vid gives a good explanation)

Overall, a fairly "just okay" main-card, didn't watch the under-card at all.

Tony v Khabib is the biggest fight of all time

How long must I wait..

Hell yeah, watch it every time it's posted.

TIME FOR BELLATOR!!

Thordinson

Banned
Aug 1, 2018
So I had Felder taking rds. 2 and 3, but honestly, 30-27 Barboza wasn't a bad score. When Bruce Buffer read the last judge's score of 30-27, everyone knew he was about to say "Barboza," not least of all Felder, so when he won... wow. I mean, okay, he deserved the win, but how the fuck does he get the first rd.?

I thought Poirier did amazing. He hurt Khabib standing up, he threatened a guillotine on the ground, but arm-in, it's so hard to do against the cage:

(I don't do mma, just watch quite a bit, so it didn't "look right," in terms of being able to finish from there, the above vid gives a good explanation)

Overall, a fairly "just okay" main-card, didn't watch the under-card at all.

Hell yeah, watch it every time it's posted.

TIME FOR BELLATOR!!

Pretty good video!

I just want to add that the guillotine was fairly tight. Khabib fell on the same side as the guillotine. This doesn't happen unless you're a white belt or it's in pretty tight. It's a big no no to keep your body on the same side as the guillotine is being applied. The cage definitely hindered Poirior.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
So Tony wants the fight on Dec 14. I really hope they can finally put it together. I've gotten excited for this one so many times just to find it cancelled again. This is the time.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
So lewis vs ivanonv co-main even instead of till vs gastelum is a fucking joke right? Who the fuck organize this thing???

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
UFC Fight Night 158 Main Card on ESPN+(8 p.m. ET, Sat Sept 14th):

155 lbs.: Donald Cerrone vs. Justin Gaethje
205 lbs.: Nikita Krylov vs. Glover Teixeira
265 lbs.: Todd Duffee vs. Jeff Hughes
170 lbs.: Michel Pereira vs. Tristan Connelly
185 lbs.: Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Uriah Hall
205 lbs.: Misha Cirkunov vs. Jim Crute

UFC Fight Night 158 'Prelims' Card on ESPN+(5 p.m. ET):

265 lbs.: Augusto Sakai vs. Marcin Tybura
135 lbs.: Miles Johns vs. Cole Smith