• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the Romero fights ruined Whittaker's chin... sad day

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
wow. big suprise for me.
the first anime champ

Second

8xSFQoo.gif

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I think Adesanya will have trouble with Costa though.

I don't think Middleweight will have a dominant champ for a few years.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Whittaker winning the first until the KD, landing more and pressing more in Rnd 2 until the KO but all the while Adesanya was downloading the data and the counter-striking was too much

Never seen Bobby play into someone's hands like that

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what Whittaker was doing. Did the same things for the 2 rounds and got caught. Twice.

Let's go Izzy. Izzy vs Romero or Costa tho.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
The crowd was all oohing and aweing when Whittaker kept going for his usual combo that all missed or glanced off of Adesanya's chest or shoulder was hilarious. Even DC pointed out that what Whittaker was doing was being evaded by Adesanya.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Adesanya will have trouble with Costa though.

I don't think Middleweight will have a dominant champ for a few years.
Yeah. Talented as Israel is, I think Costa just walks through him. I do think Costa could own middleweight for awhile.

Israel's defense is scary (for him.) Hands down, relying on his reflexes. It's gonna cost him one of these days.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping Adesanya does a Naruto run into the cage next time out.
Costa totally has a chance, no idea what the reach difference is though.
Being predictable and just jumping in is not the way to go. But Costa has a pretty juicy streak he is on

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
Israel's defense is scary (for him.) Hands down, relying on his reflexes. It's gonna cost him one of these days.
100%, Gastelum was close, even Whittaker in 2 rounds had close moments. I mean, Adesanya v Vettori wasn't that long ago either.

Middleweight is blown wide open here. A competitive Top 5 plus Till joining the division next month, exciting future ahead for the division.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Talented as Israel is, I think Costa just walks through him. I do think Costa could own middleweight for awhile.

Yeah. I agree on the reflexes and his defense. He needs to keep his hands up more.

Costa is a monster physically and so is Romero. Those 2 are going to give Adesanya some trouble since both absorb strikes so much. All 3 fights will be entertaining as fuck and I cannot wait until they square up.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't walk through Israel. We just saw what happens when you try. Costa is toast.
Gastelum gave Israel a lot of trouble just going straight at him. Costa is a freak. A bigger, stronger, faster Gastelum on steroids.

I was worried about Israel the whole fight with how close Whittaker was to landing some of those bombs he was throwing.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. I agree on the reflexes and his defense. He needs to keep his hands up more.

Costa is a monster physically and so is Romero. Those 2 are going to give Adesanya some trouble since both absorb strikes so much. All 3 fights will be entertaining as fuck and I cannot wait until they square up.

Not saying Costa isn't a mountain of a challenge for anyone, but you realize that Yoel Romero couldn't do in 10 rounds what Adesanya just did in 5. Minutes. And then again a few minutes later. He touches people and they fall apart. Speed, accuracy and reads like few are capable keeping up with.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
100%, Gastelum was close, even Whittaker in 2 rounds had close moments. I mean, Adesanya v Vettori wasn't that long ago either.

Middleweight is blown wide open here. A competitive Top 5 plus Till joining the division next month, exciting future ahead for the division.
Till not gonna be much if he takes 3 straight losses.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not saying Costa isn't a mountain of a challenge for anyone, but you realize that Yoel Romero couldn't do in 10 rounds what Adesanya just did in 5. Minutes. And then again a few minutes later. He touches people and they fall apart. Speed, accuracy and reads like few are capable keeping up with.
The old saying though -- styles make fights. It appears Whittaker handles a banger like Romero better than a sniper like Israel.

The Gastelum fight should make any Adesanya fan nervous against the likes of Costa and Romero.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Are you using MMA math?

That's bad and you should feel bad.

Shame on you.

Adesanya's defensive holes to the rush are there and it's not like he had to fight Yoel or Costa.

I think he will not be able to hurt Costa and will have problems with body shots he throws.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Israel is my new favourite fighter. The new Anderson Silva. Israel vs Costa is going to be insane and a potential Israel vs Romero would be insane.

YaGaMi

Oct 29, 2017
Israel has a lot of great fights coming up at middleweight and would be wise to avoid trash talking Jon Jones.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 100% convinced Adesanya only keeps namedropping Jon to keep the idea of a fight in the news cycle, he doesn't want any of that.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

I'm more on the Romero vs Israel train. Romero has the style to give Israel more trouble compared to Costa. The big glaring issue is Romero's age and how he has slowed down as evident by the Costa fight. I think he can definitely absorb the striking of Israel but is he able to land is the question? Romero is also a slow starter and he does a ton of reading and analyzing as well (although not as quick and as efficient as Israel) when he starts his fights.

Costa is only trouble because of being a physical monster. That's it. I favor Israel more when he fights Costa. I'm not impressed by Costa at all. I don't think he can strike with Israel at all. His only hope is to absorb the strikes and try to get his hands on Israel. His chances are not high though.

Regarding the Jones vs Adesanya fight..... If it happens, holy shit! I don't think it'll happen but it does put their names out there and when everybody keeps repeating it it's going to happen when both are too old, lol. Anime vs Cocaine. The Ultimate Battle.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Are you using MMA math?

That's bad and you should feel bad.

Shame on you.

Adesanya's defensive holes to the rush are there and it's not like he had to fight Yoel or Costa.

I think he will not be able to hurt Costa and will have problems with body shots he throws.
[/QUOTE
Lol oh no you incorrectly MMAthed me ono.

No, I showed evidence that Adesanya hurts people. Funny coincidence that the dude he just pieced up survived the Romero storm and the dude he's hopefully fighting next also weathered the Romero storm.

And defensive holes? I mean, sure, Silva did too right? You know what rolling with a punch is? Now Bobby Knuckles can put anyone out, even if he's on his backfoot and his opponent is rolling with it/pulling away from the strike. Costa can, too. But if you think Adesanya was just reacting to Whittaker's rushes and got lucky, and wasn'treading Whittaker and setting up the finish you got some studying to do.

All that said, I give Stylebender 60, Juice Head 40. Adesanya up to 80% if it makes it to the third. 95% if it gets to the fourth. :P

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

Oct 25, 2017
The idea that I might see Rose, Bobby and Kamaru lose (to fucking Colby) in the same year is depressing me