• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I for one am glad that Askren came over and got exposed so we wouldn't need to hear about how great he was and never had a chance to prove it against his contemporaries like GSP

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

giphy.gif

This is legit the only reaction to this shit.
WTF!?!?!

Who wants to be his next fight will be some Megan Anderson level shit where they throw him a super weak wrestler with a mediocre standup game.
They need him to win something so they will throw some can at him next.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking Chael is the greatest troll. Video about the fight and 30 seconds in he's said "I don't know if Ben Askgren threw an airball. I think everything he threw touched Demian Maia, somewhere."

Hahahahaha. I guess touching someone's funny bone counts.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellator really knows how to put the worst main events. Zzzzz

Rory really put one of the most boring tournaments runs in MMA history. Dude should just retire.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo

Immediately after this, I sent my friend a message complimenting Ben on his CM punk level spinning backfist.

The one thing I'll say in Ben's credit is that his standup seemed to do some damage, even if it didn't look good.

And it was interesting whenever it went to the ground. Didn't pan out for Ben in the end, though. Maia was just too good.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so I just saw the end of this "Baby Slice" fight and I am confused on so many things... that was a 12-6 elbow directly to the back of the dudes head. How is that not a DQ?

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
There isn't a single bad fight on paper for UFC 244. :))) Closest thing is the best fisherman in MMA catching a case of the touch butts from the old boot he's about to catch and throw back.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
mqsKNyA.jpg

UFC 244 Main Card On ESPN+ (10 p.m. ET, Sat, Nov 2nd):

170 lbs.: Jorge Masvidal vs. Nate Diaz (BMF Title)
185 lbs.: Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till
170 lbs.: Vicente Luque vs. Stephen Thompson
265 lbs.: Blagoy Ivanov vs. Derrick Lewis
155 lbs.: Kevin Lee vs. Gregor Gillespie

UFC 244 Prelims Card On ESPN 2 (8 p.m. ET):

205 lbs.: Corey Anderson vs. Johnny Walker
145 lbs.: Makwan Amirkhani vs. Shane Burgos
185 lbs.: Edmen Shahbazyan vs. Brad Tavares
265 lbs.: Andrei Arlovski vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik

UFC 244 Prelims Card On Fight Pass/ESPN+ (6:30 p.m. ET):

135 lbs.: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Jennifer Maia
170 lbs.: Lyman Good vs. Chance Rencountre
145 lbs.: Julio Arce vs. Hakeem Dawodu

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bellator, in an attempt to not be a complete clown show, have overturned Baby Slices victory into a NC.

Friend Besto

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah the UFC traded DJ for Askren but we got that Lawler slam, fastest KO by Masvidal and now this BMF fight between Diaz and Masvidal. The Goof is laughing at all the money he's making now after trading one of his worst PPV fighter.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah the UFC traded DJ for Askren but we got that Lawler slam, fastest KO by Masvidal and now this BMF fight between Diaz and Masvidal. The Goof is laughing at all the money he's making now after trading one of his worst PPV fighter.

But that's why the UFC/MMA as a sport is dumb. Can you imagine somebody in the NBA being traded because they were "boring" even though they were arguably the GOAT?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
id like one more fight for askren, gunnar nelson seems like a good matchup

i might be overstating things, but askren really brought much needed life to his division, even though hes not in the mix anymore i'm still very much interested in it.

Last edited:

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Trump is going to be at UFC 244 for Masvidal. I hope he (Trump) gets booed again and I've never wanted Diaz to win more in my life.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I have no faith in UFC crowds that constantly chant "USA USA" whenever there's a foreign fighter fighting. NYC, we'll see.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Damn, didn't take Masvidal for a Trump fan.

Makes sense though. I'm from Texas but the few Cubans I've known were conservatives with a strong emphasis on being anti-immigration ("Fuck you, got mine" mindset).

WAR Diaz.

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Why the fuck don't you cheer for Diaz.

Anyway, I have Walker, Gillespie, Lewis, Luque, Gastelum and Diaz.
TBF, Diaz went through a sore loser era for a couple years (2012-2014). He'd lose a clear as day decision due to not evolving with the sport and he'd start complaining right away. Nick is still on that wave.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Don't shit on Gamebred just because the Cheeto Bandito is sliming his way in to recent public events.

He was very apolitical, playing the professional sports person role as Khabib does in his pre-fight interviews when the cumditch was brought up. He's also using this noise to sell his future fight against Colby.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TBF, Diaz went through a sore loser era for a couple years (2012-2014). He'd lose a clear as day decision due to not evolving with the sport and he'd start complaining right away. Nick is still on that wave.
This. I remember when Diego Sanchez dominated Nick Diaz, only to have Diaz talk trash about him after the fight. I've never cared for either of the whiners.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Don't shit on Gamebred just because the Cheeto Bandito is sliming his way in to recent public events.

He was very apolitical, playing the professional sports person role as Khabib does in his pre-fight interviews when the cumditch was brought up. He's also using this noise to sell his future fight against Colby.

He's been constantly praising Trump. He's not "apolitical". He's a dumbass.

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
He's been constantly praising Trump. He's not "apolitical". He's a dumbass.
Real talk, we both hate the prick but he's a conman that became President of the United States of America. If you separate yourself from your views for a second and be a rational person taking a look at what he has done, you wouldn't be saying anything different from what Masvidal has said. All he talks about is the veneer of Trump from a "game" perspective, not anything substantial. Trump is an unfortunatly part of our world and for a person in Masvidal's position to talk about him in the way that he has just mean he's being an apolitical realist.

Whether Masvidal in private is a Trumper or a decent person, he gains nothing at this point by taking a public stance. When the Colby fight happens that will be a different story. They'll continue to work together and play both sides to bring in the most views.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, we both hate the prick but he's a conman that became President of the United States of America. If you separate yourself from your views for a second and be a rational person taking a look at what he has done, you wouldn't be saying anything different from what Masvidal has said. All he talks about is the veneer of Trump from a "game" perspective, not anything substantial. Trump is an unfortunatly part of our world and for a person in Masvidal's position to talk about him in the way that he has just mean he's being an apolitical realist.

Whether Masvidal in private is a Trumper or a decent person, he gains nothing at this point by taking a public stance. When the Colby fight happens that will be a different story. They'll continue to work together and play both sides to bring in the most views.

He's taken a public stance before all of this hype. Heposted on twitter about how he's a gun nut and a Trump supporter. It's not an act, not that he'd be any less of a dumbass if it were. "Let me pretend to support a white supremacist for publicity!"

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
But that's why the UFC/MMA as a sport is dumb. Can you imagine somebody in the NBA being traded because they were "boring" even though they were arguably the GOAT?
I don't understand the boring argument either. MM was fun to watch because he was so damn masterful. It's like watching an action movie character. Who the fuck does a suplex/arm bar? What is this an anime

I don't think he lost that last fight either. That was so bullshit.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the boring argument either. MM was fun to watch because he was so damn masterful. It's like watching an action movie character. Who the fuck does a suplex/arm bar? What is this an anime

I don't think he lost that last fight either. That was so bullshit.

For all his greatness, he didn't draw. His PPV numbers were pitiful iirc. You can say that's a failing of the UFC and their inability to market him, but I doubt they feel they lost much without him. Askren taking a knee to the face and putting over Masvidal like he did might end up providing more value than anything Mighty Mouse would have done for them.

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is MMA isn't really a sport in many fans eyes, it's entertainment. In any sport no matter how boring a player is, if he was one of the best he would be popular. That doesn't translate in MMA. I mean look at the BMF title, it's two solid but not top tier fighters headlining MSG.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is MMA isn't really a sport in many fans eyes, it's entertainment. In any sport no matter how boring a player is, if he was one of the best he would be popular. That doesn't translate in MMA.

its not just the fans eyes, it's the foundation of combat sports. Like the Spurs were a pretty boring team to a lot of mainstream fans, and didn't pull huge ratings, but it's not like the NBA could just stop booking them. They were champs. If they won there was nothing you could do about it. In Boxing or MMA being draw is more important than any belt. Ask most casual fans what titles Canelo has and I bet most would have no idea, but they are sure as shit going to watch his next fight.

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017

It just looks like he's cheating the scale, it's actually a side effect of those whole food vegan supplements going around. Distorts the light around the body and makes it look like you're leaning against people. Don't worry, he's 100% innocent. We weighed him again backstage and everything went so well that we didn't even bother recording it.