• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo
because he lack stamina, especially in a 25 min fight.
justin gaetjie during an interview said that striking is far less heavy on the gas tank compared to wrestling and the guy wrestle since he was 6...also the reason why gaetjie never wrestle in his fights, him and romero probably don't have great trust in their gas tank when he comes to wrestling during an mma fight.
one or 2 prolonged and failed takedowns and adios stamina tank, and he needs a reserve of stamina for his burst of aggression.

i just saw 2 video of romero dancing in the post fight press event and running on the sand the day after the fight, this was the supposed "i assure you, tomorrow he will barely walk" damaged leg, lol.

Do you have an excuse for why he didn't even give the wrestling a try in the 5th?

Vert boil

Oct 27, 2017
blackpool, england
Their backup is probably to hold shows at the Apex but the issue there is that it's setup for the smaller cage. There's enough room for a normal cage but it would look super janky.

Either way they aren't going to stop given the guaranteed money from ESPN.

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
Romero's MMA grappling isn't that great. He has some great takedowns but he never gets anything from them due to poor positional control. It's just so much effort for no gain. I mean, he's probably the best middleweight of all time and he's achieved that by consistently doing nothing during fights then murdering his opponent based on a read he's made. So it's no surprise that he didn't try wrestling Adesanya more, and even if he did I doubt it would've worked out for him.

Last edited:

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Dana is such a goddamn idiot. "Our fans are awesome" for boo-ing out a reporter with legitimate questions.
But yeah that event is not going to happen, I think it is pretty obvious by now and its just going to become even more so in the next few weeks.

I wonder what their approach for the rest of the year will be. I doubt they want to stop hosting events entirely.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The gods tried to tell us Khabib/Tony wasn't meant to happen so many times before. We did not listen. Now we face their wrath.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, unless this is the way they start to go about it, they can not do anymore events in the next few months at all? So its this or nothing?

chokeartist

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
have all events in the UFC Apex building in Vegas. that's what the building was meant for. events will have a TUF/Contenders feel to it.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
kntwksk2o4m41.png

Oct 25, 2017
UFC on Saturday got moved up 2 hours

If the UFC keeps broadcasting with no fans we might actually be happy that they run too many events if it's the only thing on TV (as long as it's safe for the fighters and staff)

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be super fun to have such a big fight in the environment they normally have THE ULTIMATE fighter in.
Couple of doods and the team mates sitting cage side, silence and punch sounds.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
8m9rQHn.jpg

UFC Fight Night 170 Main Card on ESPN/ESPN+ (6 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Kevin Lee* vs. Charles Oliveira
170 lbs.: Demian Maia vs. Gilbert Burns
115 lbs.: Amanda Ribas vs. Randa Markos
155 lbs.: Renato Moicano vs. Damir Hadzovic
205 lbs.: Johnny Walker vs. Nikita Krylov
125 lbs.: Bruno Silva vs. David Dvorak

UFC Fight Night 170 Prelims Card on ESPN/ESPN+ (3 p.m. ET):

155 lbs.: Francisco Trinaldo vs. John Makdessi
170 lbs.: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Aleksei Kunchenko
135 lbs.: Enrique Barzola vs. Rani Yahya
125 lbs.: Jussier Formiga vs. Brandon Moreno
125 lbs.: Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Maryna Moroz
135 lbs.: Veronica Macedo vs. Bea Malecki

*Kevin Lee missed weight, 158.5. He will give up 20% of his purse.

The card will take place in an empty arena.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Gotta say I'm preferring this crowd to the usual Brazilian events. Anyone who watches the early prelims is no stranger to zero crowd response.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
twitter.com

Mike Coppinger on Twitter

“Sources: Nevada State Athletic Commission has suspended all combat sporting events indefinitely due to #COVIDー19. Canelo-Saunders can’t be scheduled until ban lifted. Affects UFC events relocated to APEX (March 28 & April 11) along with PBC (March 28) and Top Rank (April 11)”

Sources: Nevada State Athletic Commission has suspended all combat sporting events indefinitely due to #COVIDー19. Canelo-Saunders can't be scheduled until ban lifted. Affects UFC events relocated to APEX (March 28 & April 11) along with PBC (March 28) and Top Rank (April 11)

burialsociety

Feb 7, 2018
Had it 29-28 Formiga but have no problem with 29-28 Moreno. It should've been the main event but as usual the flyweights were jammed in a shitty spot and people wonder why the division can't gain any traction.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe he lost like that...

Kevin's still young but I don't see him as a top guy ever anymore.