• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Off to a good start. It's been a while since the manga finished and I had forgotten just how much I cared about Mob and his daily life.

This season is going to be immense.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Oh thank God the time has come. Just rewatched the entirety of Season 1 and remembered how truly great this series is.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
So this won't be on Hulu?

Guess I'll have to wait a week for the episodes.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
What a wholesome first episode.

I can already tell that this season will solidify MOB as one of my favorite anime of all time

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that free users have to wait a week longer for episodes. Even DB had same-day release but they compromised streaming quality to compensate.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Yeah wholesome is the best word to describe this episode. Shigeo is such a good boy haha

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Great first episode, loved it. That scene where Mob got teary eyes while picking up the teared up pieces of Emi's novel was unexpected emotional.

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
Having read the web comics and knowing what is to come, this will be a great season. The first episode nailed it.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
The recap OVA is really good, def check it out if it's been a while since you watched season one.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Can't watch the episode yet, but I wanna cry at how good that opening looks.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if this season is supposed to cover the remainder of the series? I know there were 18 volumes, and the first season got through roughly 6 volumes. If we keep the same clip they'll either need to do a 2-cour season or a season 3, and with the Manga being over and Bones being so picky I am not sure I trust that'll actually happen.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if this season is supposed to cover the remainder of the series? I know there were 18 volumes, and the first season got through roughly 6 volumes. If we keep the same clip they'll either need to do a 2-cour season or a season 3, and with the Manga being over and Bones being so picky I am not sure I trust that'll actually happen.

I'm guessing this will cover the next two major arcs. After that there is one more large arc but I'm not sure it can fill an entire seasons worth of material.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
No official word at the moment.

I'm a bit worried too, but I'm also getting the vibe that if Bones wasn't committed to finishing the series, they wouldn't have greenlit Season 2 with the entirety of the Season 1 staff to begin with.

That being said, the president of Bones is personally overseeing Mob Season 2 as its producer, which he hasn't done for a project since Space Dandy. At the very least, I think that's a promising sign about Bones' commitment to the series.

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No official word at the moment.

I'm a bit worried too, but I'm also getting the vibe that if Bones wasn't committed to finishing the series, they wouldn't have greenlit Season 2 with the entirety of the Season 1 staff to begin with.

That being said, I recall an announcement about the president of Bones personally overseeing Mob Season 2 as its producer, which he hasn't done for a project since Space Dandy.

From what has been said about Mob Psycho 100, this is a passion project for Bones and all the people working on it. Obviously there are monetary and other reasons but the amount of love and effort that has gone into the series shows this isn't some cash grab or project that has been shoveled out to fufill a contract.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Cross-post from the Anime OT:

Mob Psycho 100 II - 1

Great first episode. It really hit the ground running, and in many ways feels like a second cour instead of a new series (and with the staff carrying over it might as well be). The seamless transition speaks to the confidence this episode excudes, not stopping to catch the viewer up on any of the established relationships. At the same time, it doesn't overload the episode with characters, keeping it tight with the school-plot. I especially love how it confidently it continues Mob's character arc in a low-key romance subplot without wasting any time on dealing with last seasons fallout. I don't have a lot to say about the animation really, just the usual top notch stuff. There was some wonky art in places, but that's nipicking. Speaking of animation, that OP is a fucking treat, holy shit. There are some crazy good action cuts in there, of course, but this transistion really caught my eye. I need to hear the song more, but visually this OP definitely does more for me (right now, at least).

Also, I'd like to believe there's a diner somewhere in Japan that has Rafael's The School of Athens decorating its walls now.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I remember this chapter from the manga, but didn't expect them to also include it on the anime. It's pretty good and it's a good start for the season. I also need the name of the song at the end!

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
started out much stronger than S1. And the OP is so god damn good. Maybe the visuals aren't as consistently great for me as S1's, but the song is just as good if not better. Still just as much style tho.

The Dink

Oct 28, 2017
Watched the first episode. Already better than a lot of anime out there. So glad Mob is back.

Are we going to get the whole rest of the series with this second season? The first one already covered the first 50 chapters so the next 51 seem like they might be doable?

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Watched the first episode. Already better than a lot of anime out there. So glad Mob is back.

Are we going to get the whole rest of the series with this second season? The first one already covered the first 50 chapters so the next 51 seem like they might be doable?

There's a already a discussion about your question right on this very page haha. But the number of chapters is deceptive since they get much longer towards the end, so it's better to go by the number of volumes.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017

I've been told the chapters get longer as the manga goes on, so 12 episodes probably won't be enough to finish the story.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's misleading because ONE wanted the series to end at chapter 100 but as he got further along that wasn't gonna be possible so chapters got numbered 90.1, 90.2, 90.3 for example. This got to the point that one "chapter" could be like half a volume's length.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there's not enough material for a third season, I hope they make a movie to finish it off.