• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Kameda has been posting art for each episode so far. I think some other staff members might be posting their own, too.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I know there's a dub in the works for this season but has there been any word whether they'll dub the Reigen recap OVA too?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Episode 2 was great. I was surprised Bashiro or whhatever the hell his name was had some psychic power, looks like Reigen truly is the biggest bluff man in the game with 0% spirituality. I also like how all the urban legends are mundane human things, like a pervert, a grandma who is a crazy fast jogger, and a cute Doggo who was being drawn on. Except the Dragger, which was a crazy powerful spirit because people willed her into existence. Whoopsie Daisy.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is curious about the production of the first 2 episodes(and OP+ED) here are two articles about them
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/01/11/mob-psycho-100-ii-production-notes-1/
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/01/19/mob-psycho-100-ii-production-notes-2/

Can't find a source right now, but it appears that this season will be 12 episodes.
They've got quite a lot to cover. Although I don't know if there'll be enough material left for a S3.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I didn't expect that shift in tone once they went back to the house. That was intense.

Also, my heart during that scene when Mob was getting bullied. Such an awesome scene

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
What an episode, holy shit! I love this series so much. The passion poured by BONES is outta this world.

The bully part had me rolling lmao

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first episode of the new season and suffered a serious fit of laughter, simply from seeing the visage of Reigen, before he had said or done anything funny.

That's how you know you've made a great character. Lmao

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone coming to his aid when being bullied was really heart warming.

Mob's come a long way.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I felt more tension here than during the Season 1 finale.

This isn't even meant in a bad way, it's just crazy how stressed that episode got me

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Episode got pretty heavy in the ending and all these things building up with Mob are going to come to a head. Next episode also looks to be
where we finally meet Mogami

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode. Reigen's photo on his website had me howling.

Next 2-3(?) episodes are going to be intense.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
This was a good episode. The scene with the ghost family was one of the best scenes in the manga (I'm going to be repeating this phrase a lot this season) and seeing it adapted so well really did bring a smile to my face. The next few episodes are going to be some amazing stuff.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't big on last weeks episode - it felt like throwaway filler detatched from the main story - even the enemy seemed kind of lame and forgettable though we did get a good action sequence out of it.

This week had much the same monster-of-the-week structure and lacked a cool action sequence yet felt more compelling, probably because we got another look into Mob's mind which is always one of the shows strengths, and some of the other characters showed up.

That said, I do hope the show moves back towards the main plot threads. We haven't seen that blond kid yet and we're three episodes in, Ritsu has done fuck all too, I'd like to see that girl again and the various clubs.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I almost gave Reigen a huge "go to hell". His "I dont order you around" to Mob nearly made me scream lol

Great episode tho. Its just... Reigen goes from toxic to supportive within seconds. Its jarring
Why its jarring, he think about it for a good minute and realize he wrong.. its not hard for decent person.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now just realizing that Reigen is basically Dale Gribble but instead of pocket sand, its pocket salt.

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Binged this over the weekend and it was amazing. Anyone know what time and day it airs? I'm in the US, and on est.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3 was fantastic. Really didn't expect this level of introspection this early in the season lol

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Next week should be interesting after the last couple of episodes laying the ground work for Mob's growth and conflict. It'll be interesting comparing Mob with a character coming up.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just caught up. Man this show is still so good.

But...

Man this last episode hurt really bad because you know exacty what's coming next lol, like seeing all the anime-onlys go "poor Mob" made me go "HAhahaha..."

Like knowing a car wreck is gonna happen right before it actually does

I've read the Mogami arc twice and it's destroyed me every time

100/100 arc but fuck mfw you're a manga reader and you aren't even ready for what's coming up next

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
So episode 4.

4lYFucp.png

He's finally here.

This was a good episode but also a little rushed. Maybe it was because of time, but it seemed like Bones was really trying to get into the meat of this arc quickly which is why this episode goes by really fast and sadly I feel like some of the creepiness and shock value that this part had in the manga is lost as a result. They also cut out one of my favorite panels in the manga:

v9xlMsL.png
The "fight" in Mogami's world also was a lot more brutal in the manga, but it seems like they're saving this brutality for the next episode. From the preview it seems they're really going to give that part enough time to breathe.
Still there's a lot to like in this episode. I'm a huge fan of how they handled the "stone mob" bit as well as how Bones were able to show the sheer power Mogami has. I just wish it was given maybe another episode to really set the mood and tone but it's understandable why they didn't.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was amazing looking all around and really captured how terrifying Mogami is. He provides a great foil to the way Mob has been trying to deal with his powers and emotions. Mogami looked deep into the abyss and the abyss looked back leaving him all kinds of fucked in the head.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I really admire writing that can just flip the switch from "Random silly BS, everything's fine" to "Okay, it's real serious shit time".

Hype for the next episode.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I binged the first season last month and got through it and thought it was really good, this season is phenomenal so far. Every single episode has been a treat. I'm really looking forward to where the story is going, and Mob is such a genuinely good person. Reigen is surprisingly crazy supportive and actually cares about Mob, despite using him at the same time.

TrueBroLapp

Nov 7, 2018
These episodes go by so fast, 20 minutes felt like 10. I can't wait for next week, the setup was done really well.