• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reigen is such a likable character, that you end up forgetting he's still using Mob to his own advantage. Glad Mob is starting to stand up for himself.

And yeah, despite being somewhat an asshole, I still somewhat feel bad for him.

JulesLove

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The feels this season gives me are totally different from season 1. Season 1 was all whacky, funny and action packed. This is pure emotions

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I love that the Body Improvement Club completely supports Mob and encourages him. Also the animation has been fucking astounding lately.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Reigen, what the fuck is wrong with you?

9rhJnze.jpg

Oh.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Episode 6

This was a great episode. Despite my criticisms of the way the Mogami Arc was adapted, I love the way they're handling this one. I really love how well paced this episode is and how you can really feel Reigen's loneliness. Hopefully this quality continues to the next episode as well. Also I hope that they'll play season 1's ending theme for the next episode since that would make it perfect.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly all of the talk about the Mogami arc feeling rushed when I didn't get that vibe much led me to wondering if this episode would feel rushed to manga readers too. Particularly the montage near the end. It sounds like it was paced similarly in the manga, though.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Honestly all of the talk about the Mogami arc feeling rushed when I didn't get that vibe much led me to wondering if this episode would feel rushed to manga readers too. Particularly the montage near the end. It sounds like it was paced similarly in the manga, though.
This arc was actually fairly short in the manga with chapters in general being shorter than those in the Mogami arc. To put it into comparison, this episode adapted the first three chapters of this arc whereas episode 4 adapted around 5 chapters and episode 5 did 4 fairly lengthy ones. That montage was in the manga as well and was just as short there.

dirtyjane

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched ep. 5, the animation reminds me more and more of Kemonozume, in a good way.
Im not well versed in different styles of anime but the way they draw faces especially in the other dimension seems rather samish.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Shit when Reigen was in the bar by himself and told the other patrons it was his birthday I started tearing up. That hit me harder than it should've.
Ya, it hit me hard, too. The episode was quite a swerve, going from Reigen being a cocky asshole to all that being a front for a sad and lonely man. Meanwhile Mob, the nobody, is gradually opening up to the friends and support he's gained along the way.

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't get a chance to comment on this episode.
I almost thought for a second that Mob was going to figure out that Reigen is a phony, though I think he's probably halfway there. I love Reigen as a character. He does genuinely care about Mob, so you can imagine how sad I was that they had a falling out. Both of them have shown amazing self-reflection in this episode.

The Friendbook scene hit waaaay too close to home for comfort.
The mother pushing a job opportunity on her son because he's getting older and she thinks he's not doing anything with his life.
Damn.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 7

This arc was pretty much where I realized I was reading a masterpiece. Almost cried again watching this lol.

Mob really has grown so much.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Wonderful episode. It is a bit refreshing to have this more slow dramatic episodes about personal growth. I was expecting the second season to be more like the first, but was dead wrong. This is definitely one of the best animes I have watched. It keeps delivering and makes everything else more disappointing.

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Truly fantastic, might be my favourite episode of the show so far. Season 2 keeps getting better and better.

alexlf

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Incredible episode. The series continues to exceed my every expectation, I would honestly have been fine if that was the season finale it was so good. Extremely excited for the next 6(?) episodes of course.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite parts in the manga was damn near perfectly realized in the anime. That entire ending sequence at the bridge during the credits had me tearing up. Mob really is the best.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was my favorite arc from the manga and they handled it beautifully here. Definitely my favorite episode.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck you, you're crying.

Glad that they did the whole first meeting again because goddamnit that's such a heartwarming scene, and the added context from Reigen's POV is great too. I really love this series.

Last edited:

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually love that they redid Mob and Reigen's first meeting, but here it's from Reigen perspective whereas the scene in season 1 was from Mob's. Such a great way to revisit the scene and give greater depth to both characters without feeling repetitive.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Episode 7
gbECZ1L.jpg
This was really good. They adapted this arc perfectly, better than I could've ever hoped for, especially that final scene. This arc in general is why Mob Psycho 100 is in my top 10 mangas of all time.

Last edited:

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I barely got through this episode because the first half is pure fremdschämen, lol. But it was really cool and even a bit heartwarming to get to the root of Reigen as a character. To quote The Social Network:

"You're not an asshole, [Reigen-sama]; you're just trying so hard to be."

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
That's definitely one of my favorite episodes now. The final scene also seemed to confirm what I had been guessing since around mid-Season 1.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So, is the implication that
Mob was the one shaking the news cameras
?

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
That Mob has known about Reigen not having any powers for a long time (though I've seen one or two people read that scene a bit differently).

In the Season 1 finale, I didn't think Mob would react the way he did if he genuinely believed Reigen had psychic powers. Specifically when Reigen runs out of Mob's powers and asks for more when the group is about to get swallowed by a black hole. Throughout the entire episode, Mob never showed surprise or asked any questions about why Reigen wasn't using his own powers to protect everyone.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Bah I love this arc and they adapted it perfectly. Those last 5 minutes were so good T_T

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
that was incredible. the last 4 episodes have been masterclass. my eyes were definitely watery in this episode

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
That was a great 2 episodes. Didn't comment on last week's because I might have misjudged it without knowing the conclusion, and J was completely right. I love how reigen was portrayed as a jerk and was put into his place rightly so, but I expected Mob to tear everything down and make a deal with him. Much better ending than that, the way he helped Reigen and just left it at a mutual forgive and forget felt much more in character, and thankfully Reigen from here on out will treat him like an equal.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That ending was so fucking good. One of the moments i've waited since the beginning not the series and was handled so beautifully. What a masterpiece.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, are we agreed that the chorus of the OP is "Get ready, make yourself an omelet"?
Lol.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
i'm sad this isn't as popular as one punch man. everybody should watch this show.

btw manga readers what chapters would the anime have covered so far after this episode?