• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A few questions for the discussion about the episode's end.
What about Reigen's performance against Claw when he channeled Mob's power? Wasn't Mob only "subconsciously" powering Reigen?

Also, isn't Reigen technically telling the truth when he says he has psychic powers, based on the conversation he has with Dimple after the above?

Technically Reigen got some spiritual awareness following this event (before, he haven't any), but afterward it only helps him to see ghost and spirits.

Anyway... I'm the only one who think the flashback scene would have be better if it was shown only in this episode? Or more specifically, when Reigen discover Mob have physic powers.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the animation choices through out this season have been great. We had the scene in episode 4 where all the psychics ganging up on the father start turning into giant teddy bears and in the latest episode the scene where Reigen turns into a microphone was another excellent bit of visual storytelling.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
I read the manga and I disagree, but for each his own. I don't think it was intended to showcase the opposite, just to leave it deliberately vague.
My interpretation is that Mob "knows", but it's deliberately left ambiguous as to how long Mob's known (because it doesn't really matter so much).

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My interpretation is that Mob "knows", but it's deliberately left ambiguous as to how long Mob's known (because it doesn't really matter so much).

I think the other thing is Mob isn't really concerned whether Reigen has special powers or not outside of their initial meeting and the occasional time he might bring them up to someone else. Prying into Reigen's life and trying to know for sure whether he has powers is not really something Mob would do any more than he'd know about the latest scary urban legend. As Mob put it at the very end of the latest episode, he's always known that Reigen is a good person and that's all that matters to Mob in the end.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Finally saw this episode. So much emotion at the end, this season has been great. Please tell me it stays at this level at least l.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its pretty fun watching the reactions to this episode and #5. People were crying in a lot of cases for this episode and everyone was freaking out for the big fight in 5.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Its pretty fun watching the reactions to this episode and #5. People were crying in a lot of cases for this episode and everyone was freaking out for the big fight in 5.

It's pretty interesting. I read about a few people who said they kept on pausing during the episode because they were so uncomfortable watching Reigen dig himself into even bigger holes lol

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I think this was my favorite episode among both seasons so far. That ending scene is so god damn good.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the last two episodes were pretty fantastic.

I also now realise that I haven't seen the in between seasons OVA, is it worth watching? (i'm guessing yes)

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
When Reigen randomly left his office job, it reminded me a lot of Saitama quitting his office job to become a hero. Both had outlandish goals that were only really an excuse to escape the mundane routine of office life. I'm guessing ONE becoming a manga artist maybe was a similar experience to him. Reigen doesn't even really have any end goal of all of this. Changing his entire life cause he saw an ad? It's interesting to see a character without "dreams" or any real "goals" to be portrayed in shonen anime.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Glad Mob is getting more and more attention now, definitely deserved. It's such a great series with a beautiful story and message. The rest of the season is going be amazing as well.

Adam Sadler

Nov 9, 2017
Yea, I've been trying to push this show onto a couple of friends since the first season and they're just now finally starting it. Really glad because as of right now this is easily a top 20 worthy anime for me. If it's consistent to the end i can this being higher up on the list

janoGX

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Chile
There is no way this series doesn't get AOTY, unless they pull a Darling In The Franxx which I don't think it will happen with the rest of the material.

They started with that strong episode 1, great episodes 2 and 3, and then we got a back to back to back to back of emotional episodes with 4, 5, 6 and 7, some even the strongest episodes in Anime in years.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I really don't think MHA will get it on this website. I don't think AOT will either, but considering the source material it should have a better shot.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I really don't think MHA will get it on this website. I don't think AOT will either, but considering the source material it should have a better shot.

We shall see

tenor.gif

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
We all know damn well that the show about zombie idols will win. Resign yourself to that fact and save yourself the crushing disappointment.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
You're all confusing me, MHA never won on this website/its predecessor (got handily beaten by Mob in 2016 actually) and Zombie Land Saga was from last year

Not sure why that'd change this year

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I could see Mob and Kaguya-sama in the Top 2, we'll see about the rest, I never know w/ Era lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Too bad Promised Neverland didn't live up to the source material, otherwise that would be a runner up as well.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If its up to his best quality I think something like Carole and Tuesday from Watanabe has a far better chance of AotY than stuff like MHA or AoT. Everything after the big fight in the last season of MHA is a steady downward slide in the manga and I doubt the anime is gonna change that with season 4. AoT has a better chance but I don't think anything in its gonna be better than Mob though it will certainly be more popular. Kaguya being a romcom probably handicaps that for a lot of people.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've seen zero footage of the final parts of this season. It should be a total surprise so I can't wait to see how Bones realizes some of those parts. Its funny to think that two thirds of this season have just been Mob, Reigen and Dimple.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
If its up to his best quality I think something like Carole and Tuesday from Watanabe has a far better chance of AotY than stuff like MHA or AoT. Everything after the big fight in the last season of MHA is a steady downward slide in the manga and I doubt the anime is gonna change that with season 4. AoT has a better chance but I don't think anything in its gonna be better than Mob though it will certainly be more popular. Kaguya being a romcom probably handicaps that for a lot of people.

Yeah, agree with all of that.

I'm trying to think of what else could go up there but can't really think of anything. I don't really see the other shonen jump series coming out this year (Kimetsu no Yaiba and Dr Stone) make a huge splash either (even if I really like Kimetsu).

Maybe that Chihayafuru show? I've never watched it but I've heard people being hyped about it.

In a different timeline Radiant Season 2 would get some MHA+ level production quality and be up for a place in the top 3~5 but that's probably not happening lol

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how many episodes we're getting this season?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
damn finally watched the last two episode. What a two parter episodes. Good character development

Anime this season for me:

Mob 100
Promised Neverland
Jojo (this season is meh)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Finally decided to catch up with this season, I think Mob Psycho might be my favorite anime ever, easily top 5 at the moment, if they keep knocking it out the park no doubt about it.

OP
OP
PhantomKnight

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Loved seeing everyone rooting for Mob, even Reigen helping him train. This is a really nice slice of life episode, absolutely nothing can ruin this day...nothing...nothing.....😱%

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Holy that end why do I have to wait a whole week? Also all the support Mob gets is great.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that ending was fucking crazy. The heartwarming feel of the episode really helps set up how fucked things get. The adaptation really enhanced the final scenes over the manga version. Just crazy and dark.

Last edited:

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
oh my god. i thought this was going to be one of those awesome fun episodes that don't really advanced the plot. shit got real, fast.

also did anyone notice they included subtitles for the OP & ED in today's episode? pretty cool