• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sad to see Mob Mondays are over. :(
This season was absolutely beautiful and had some of the best animation I've ever seen in an anime! However I do think it overall felt way too rushed. There were a few really strong points, but the best ones were super condensed like Mogami and the fight in this final episode (and then there was that weird tone whiplash in the second half, oh jeez). If this season had been allowed another, like, 4 or so episodes to let everything properly breathe and build up it would have been amazingly perfect. Kinda a bummer anime episode structuring is so strict.
Still a great season, though! And I look forward to whatever they decide to do for the final arcs! I kinda hope it gets a full season, I think a movie wouldn't do it justice. (Also because I really really want them to fit in some of the omakes at some point.... the 'shut up and eat' one especially, oh god that one's the best lol)

Best moment of this final episode was me turning to my friend to say, 'Oh, Reigen's pretty there' and then it immediately going to the little commercial break animation with the photo bit right after I said it. Thanks Reigen, you're a gem lol 😂

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was great. Perfect season by Bones and everyone involved in the show (music, promos etc). Appreciate how in touch/connected with the English speaking community they were all season long. It was really cool. As for the fight feeling rushed... It felt perfect to me actually. With destruction that big, and the fact that there are no martial arts or strategizing involved, it makes me feel there should be some sort of restraint otherwise the battle/destruction loses it's impact. And, I wanted to see the resolution material get the appropriate air time rather than that being rushed for the sake of more stuff being blown up.

I really believe we'll get season three. Maybe they should consider adapting Reigen max 131 as part of it. They should be able to get 2-3 eps out of that.

Rehynn

Banned
Feb 14, 2018
So the season ended on a lower note than I expected, but I've still come to absolutely adore the series. Definitely hoping for more.

Now let's see if One Punch Man S2 or the rest of Attack on Titan's current season can top this.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
Amazing episode. I didn't really feel that it was rushed at all. But I dunno - didn't read the manga.

Animation in the first half of ep was brilliant.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So the season ended on a lower note than I expected, but I've still come to absolutely adore the series. Definitely hoping for more.

Now let's see if One Punch Man S2 or the rest of Attack on Titan's current season can top this.
Ahahaha, I think we already know the answer to that one.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Great season, but the finale definitely felt off. The rushed nature of the climax was definitely off-putting.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Just finished and I have to say this season may have solidified MOB as my top 3 favorite anime's and possibly one but I really like full metal alchemist. Now granted I haven't watched a lot of anime but holy shit was this season good.

The animation was amazing throughout and I was amazed at episode 5!!! BONES might ruin anime for me with this and one punch season one 😢 They held nothing back here, and it really felt like a passion project for them.

The part that suprised me the most was the emotional beat's. I didn't see them coming. One second I'm laughing the next it's suddenly raining. Just the way all of MOBs friends came for him when he needed help. Shout out to the fitness club best group ever!

Now, I do have one negative. The last episode left something to be desired. I don't know what, but the fight didn't feel as epic or grand as it should have been. It felt like the fighting was getting rushed which was a shame. They really should have split this into two episodes though. One for the fighting and then another for the aftermath. Some stuff felt rushed especially when the boss went 100%. I really wanted an epic showdown for like a couple minutes and then he losses control of his power and end the episode there. Pick up with mob in the bubble and explain that whole thing better. Like why did mob take his powers away if he was still going to explode. I understand being in there with him, but why take the explosion if your just going to do the same?

Enough of the negative though, becuase this series is fucking phenomenal! Everything about it works from the writing to the animation. The characters are great and they all have their fun quirks. Reigh is best master ever, and I love MOB and his relationship. The way it developed this season was really deep and emotional. I always liked him, but sorta felt like he was a sleaze bag. This season really changed that. 10/10 season while season one I would say is 9/10. Just a amazing series so glad I watched it!!!

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
It could have been alot better. The scene where he absorbs the power could've had a little more emotional impact. Maybe if they did it like that Michael Clark duncan scene in green mile where he tries to absorb the pain from the guy getting electrocuted.

May 26, 2018
It could have been alot better. The scene where he absorbs the power could've had a little more emotional impact. Maybe if they did it like that Michael Clark duncan scene in green mile where he tries to absorb the pain from the guy getting electrocuted.

Yeah they just rushed right through it. IT felt really disjointed, none of the rhythm from the manga. Disappointing as that's one of my favorite scenes from the arc. It worries the hell out of me thinking how they'll execute the big emotional scenes for season 3.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yeah they just rushed right through it. IT felt really disjointed, none of the rhythm from the manga. Disappointing as that's one of my favorite scenes from the arc. It worries the hell out of me thinking how they'll execute the big emotional scenes for season 3.
The manga doesn't even seem to have enough material as it stands to fill another 12 episodes, so I wouldn't worry about it also getting rushed.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
cool. definitely makes sense that it was someone affiliated with the manga, the first couple had me wondering if they were by ONE himself lol

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
As a manga reader, there's a lot in this last episode that screams season 3 so I wouldn't worry about it.

It is a shame they skipped out on highlighting the emotions Mob was feeling during the fight, otherwise it was pretty good! The highs of the season still vastly outnumber the lows I have for it so in the end I think this turned out really fucking good. Still hate that they cut out Teru clowning on the mooks that invaded his house tho. That's Mob's rival brehs, the disrespect.

fieldafar

Jan 23, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
That was a great ending to a great season. Loved it all.

Came back from Japan, where I managed to find a Mob Psycho 100 capsule machine. Got myself a little Reigen!
Went back the next day to try and get another figurine but the machine was already gone...
TY5HaFC.jpg

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Loved it, amazing season finale.
So, that's it for Mob or is there more material for they work with?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
This is the best anime I've seen in a very, very long time. Holy shit what incredible animation.

I've never laughed and cheered so much while watching anime. While I still think season 1 was better, this one was still superb. Absolutely amazing. Mob one of the best protagonists ever, period.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel it's worth to share that in the manga the two twin espers were completely forgotten and when One remembered them he added in a bit where he admitted he totally forgot them and just said they were just playing dead the entirety of the final fight lmao

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the last two episodes back to back. It was like climax to a movie.

The best anime this season

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Catching up to the half dozen or so remaining episodes

Episode 10
Man Reigan is the GOAT motivational leader. Just give him the right motivation himself and he can manage anything.
The red spray thing was hilarious.
Muscle dude turned into the Hulk!

Club Captain is such a true bro T_T.

Will post about the rest of the episodes later.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Finished the season.

It could feel a little disjointed at times (and this could be due to things from the manga being left out, or so I hear), but it was amazing overall.

Mob is definitely one of my favorite protagonists, and I wish more (shonen) writers would devote this much time and effort to their MCs.

Given that I'm waiting for Dark Horse to release future volumes anyway, I'll probably just wait for the final season instead of reading the rest of the manga.

Thank you, ONE and Bones!

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping this because I binged the whole show in a week, shit's great. Loved the thesis of the powers and Mob's gradual emotional maturation.

Might catch the manga next because I need MORE damn you

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The dub just got to episode 7 and it was fairly close to the Japanese version though they cut all the times the word shit was said lol They also changed around the wording on a few parts that slightly changes how the scene flows and even the intent I think. Still pretty damn powerful.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...i-ova-world-premiere-10-days-of-announcements

3554416-dupe.png

Mob Psycho 100 II: The First Spirits and Such Company Trip ~A Journey that Mends the Heart and Heals the Soul~:

Mob, Reigen, Dimple, and the newest member of the Spirits and Such Consultation Office staff, Serizawa, take a trip up to a secluded hot spring called Ibogami Hot Springs in Zebra Prefecture. Reigen happened to get a request from the matron there to discover the truth behind the strange rumors going around there and save the inn. Ritsu and Teru also join in on this trip and the six of them head out on this super relaxing trip to the hot spring. But on their way there, Reigen and Serizawa start nodding off on the train and somehow get sucked into an eerie parallel world...

Talk about a mouthful for the title but I'm curious to see how this turns out. I wonder if this will veer more to emotional end of the spectrum or give us a more action oriented episode. Probably a mix of both but I'm down for MP100.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just wrapping up a rewatch of the second season, so this announcement is very timely. Is this going to be the length of a regular episode?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Finally started watching season 2! Just finished episode 5 and my gawd...that was one of the best things I've ever witnessed. Pure, beautiful, blissful perfection in every goddamn way. The first season already established Mob Psycho 100 as my favorite anime of all time, and this second season is somehow even better, so far. Whew.