• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
I dont know if this is the correct topic to ask this in, but here goes.

Im looking for a new mobile game on android to play thats not a gacha game. I have alot of down time at work and i need something to fill that time. So it has to be able to be something that doesnt require my full attention and that i can play with one hand.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing Wordfeud casually again on my Android phone. I love it once in a while.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Im looking for a new mobile game on android to play thats not a gacha game. I have alot of down time at work and i need something to fill that time. So it has to be able to be something that doesnt require my full attention and that i can play with one hand.

Card games might fit those criteria best. Solitairica (mentioned earlier) is a great solitaire game with magic spells. Card Crawl is another great solitaire game that simulates a dungeon crawl. And there's Night of the Full Moon which is a Slay the Spire like card game.

Thanks! Although he is pretty skilled with Mario Odyssey (I help him from time to time with the tricky parts) and puzzle games like King Rabbit, platforms are not his thing yet. For instance, Super Chariot is still really hard for him although it supports couch co-op and therefore we can play it toghether. I think I'll stay on the fence with Teslagrad.
Well, as someone much older than 4, that makes me feel dumb... :)

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, the first one. Found it too tiny on a 5S but on my iPad Pro it's fine. However I am not that much of a fun of those survival games and Crashlands pretty much takes the crown as crafting RPG on mobile.

yeah i have a SE and the screen is small, but the game runs great and is nice for when i dont have anything to do in work.

Also re-bought Stardew Valley!!

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm getting two cravings for minor puzzle titles on Android, hoping to get some recs:

A match-3 that's not just a free-to-play mess of exploitative microtransactions. I've played and enjoyed 1000000 and YMBAB. Slightly musing on the loosely RPG-esque ones, but don't know which get predatory.

Something wordy. I beat Lettergraf and enjoyed it a lot, although didn't feel that it was a pure word puzzle due to the pentomino-esque aspects. A pure word puzzle is tempting.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm getting two cravings for minor puzzle titles, hoping to get some recs:

A match-3 that's not just a free-to-play mess of exploitative microtransactions. I've played and enjoyed 1000000 and YMBAB. Slightly musing on the loosely RPG-esque ones, but don't know which get predatory.

Something wordy. I beat Lettergraf and enjoyed it a lot, although didn't feel that it was a pure word puzzle due to the pentomino-esque aspects. A pure word puzzle is tempting.
1) Six Match, Hero Emblems, Swapperoo, Swap Sword

2) Supertype, Sidewords, Typeshift, Blackbar & Grayout, KLAC

RedNalgene

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have impressions of Reigns:GOT? It looks interesting and I am a GOT devotee, so I'm intrigued.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Got my eye on this thread. Have over $10 in Google Play Rewards that I dont know what to spend on. I'm super clumsy with touch controls so I'm gonna have to weed anything more involved out. Almost was gonna grab Stardew but if I buy it again I decided Itd get better use on my Switch.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Bought Chaos Reborn: Adventures after listening to the Three Moves Ahead podcast talk about the PC version of the game. I think what sold me was the comparison to Gwent, of all things.

https://itunes.apple.com/ph/podcast/three-moves-ahead/id307176617?mt=2&i=1000357831706

Also picked up Grimvalor. Game just looks amazing.

Chaos Reborn is a great game.
Actually, it's multiple games in one.
Single player massive campaign, live duels, AI skirmishes, multiplayer async in both Chaos and Law modes.
Games are fast and pretty deep, expecially after you start tweaking your deck and getting gear (magic robes, staffs and gems).

Cons are some quirky UI (in shops mostly, no big deal) and a really tiny text on iPhone (which is great for async tough) plus....two bigger ones.
Lack of async notifications and lack of device sync.

Other than that it's a great game imho.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have impressions of Reigns:GOT? It looks interesting and I am a GOT devotee, so I'm intrigued.

As someone who kind of burned out on the formula thanks to the tide of imitators that came after the original Reigns, I found the injection of GOT characters into the mix weirdly refreshing. Not a huge GOT fan, but something about having characters you know being part of the gameplay makes some of the decision-making feel less arbitrary. More thoughts here: http://www.148apps.com/reviews/reigns-game-of-thrones-review/

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
For those who bought SV on iOS, new update bring controls udpates.

vZeG867.jpg

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
After soft launching all the way back on June 2017, it seems that Supercell's latest, Brawl Stars, is finally getting a worldwide release this month:
https://twitter.com/AppStore/status/1062638797513543680

The game's quite good at being a simple multiplayer game. Don't expect it to revolutionize anything but it makes for a great "one more match" kind of game to relax to.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good Mfi controller that holds my iPhone either on top or "wraps" the iPhone? Last time I tried a controller was back in 2012 probably and it suuucked. Button presses and movement always felt laggy. I'm looking for console style response. Are we not there yet?

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Is there a good Mfi controller that holds my iPhone either on top or "wraps" the iPhone? Last time I tried a controller was back in 2012 probably and it suuucked. Button presses and movement always felt laggy. I'm looking for console style response. Are we not there yet?
The most popular and best quality choice would be a Gamevice. Makes your phone basically a Switch. Comes with a hefty price tag though. You could get a Steelseries Nimbus and try one of those controller clips as well.

The entire collection of games from Radiangames is free right now:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/inferno-2/id888166669?mt=8

Some of these are classic indie gems.
Especially Super Crossfighter is amazing. I remember playing both games as XBLIG years ago.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
After soft launching all the way back on June 2017, it seems that Supercell's latest, Brawl Stars, is finally getting a worldwide release this month:
https://twitter.com/AppStore/status/1062638797513543680

The game's quite good at being a simple multiplayer game. Don't expect it to revolutionize anything but it makes for a great "one more match" kind of game to relax to.
Been waiting for this, hopefully I'll stay on it longer than I did Clash Royale.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I had no idea Monster Hunter Stories had an Android port o.O It was one of my favorite games on the 3DS. It looks fantastic on my Note 9, which makes the 3DS version look like a calculator game now.

Easiest $19.99 I've ever spent on a mobile game. No ads, no microtransactions, just a straight-up port with touch controls and much better performance. It helps that the game itself has turn-based combat, which lends itself really well to touch controls.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I know I'm a bit late with this but I've finally picked up Kalimba, after wish-listing for ages. And it's amazingly great with some out of this world level design, a great sense of puzzle solving and perfect controls for touch.

Anyone looking for a puzzle/platformer should just pick this one right away:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/kalimba/id1145762195?mt=8

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Slydris 2 is fantastic. Even better than the first one. Bought the no ad/ultimate IAP without hesitation. Great game and glad to have Radiangames back!

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Wait I checked and they got the Paladin update ages ago. They've been updating the Steam version almost weekly the past couple months

Lol i checked it sometime ago (but not much) and i didnt see that... ok so now Rocketcat has no excuse, except maybe that its still on Early Access maybe...

I know I'm a bit late with this but I've finally picked up Kalimba, after wish-listing for ages. And it's amazingly great with some out of this world level design, a great sense of puzzle solving and perfect controls for touch.

Anyone looking for a puzzle/platformer should just pick this one right away:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/kalimba/id1145762195?mt=8

Best dual character at the same time type of platformer ever on iOS

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I had no idea Monster Hunter Stories had an Android port o.O It was one of my favorite games on the 3DS. It looks fantastic on my Note 9, which makes the 3DS version look like a calculator game now.

Easiest $19.99 I've ever spent on a mobile game. No ads, no microtransactions, just a straight-up port with touch controls and much better performance. It helps that the game itself has turn-based combat, which lends itself really well to touch controls.
Yep. Capcom is slaying in this department, and outside of the Fantasy Life tomfoolery Level 5 is also getting there in terms of ports. Square Enix on the other hand.....eesh. Only the Go trilogy is worth it from them.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017

Game is excellent. Happily pay $20 for a well made iOS premium game like that. Hope it is doing well.

Last edited:

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
Glad someone in here has noticed the game :) Hope y'all like it.

Our front page screenshot is kinda old so I'm going to leave our launch trailer here instead:

You're the developer for Golf Peaks? You did a great job. I'm not finished with the game yet, but I like how you balanced the difficulty and made each level progressively more challenging using the same concepts introduced in the first level of each "world." It's how I would design a puzzle game if I were in that position.

One thing I'd love to see are iCloud saves implemented so I can progress on my iPad, too.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
The update is in review so should be out in a couple of days.

Hope that update also brings iPhone X support.

But even after firing it up again today, I still like Black Paradox better. Part of it may be the 80s theme that I love but even the controls seem tighter in BP.

Steredenn doesn't seem to have true 1:1 relative touch with the ship lagging behind slightly and it's way too sensitive to the point where it's almost jittery and easy to make mistakes.

Definitely check out Black Paradox if you are a fan of the genre.