• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
MY GOD!!!

This is BAD.

I tried 3 games and I'm in love with all 3. I downloaded like 30.

I WON'T SLEEP ANYMORE!!!!

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Sonic Racing is the first dud of Apple Arcade for me. Luckily there's like 100ish games that are great.

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm genuinely speechless.
I had high expectations and read praises everywhere, including places generally against iOS gaming (or outside of this thread) but I'm really blown away by the quality of the games I tried.
I'm overwhelmed.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I'm genuinely speechless.
I had high expectations and read praises everywhere, including places generally against iOS gaming (or outside of this thread) but I'm really blown away by the quality of the games I tried.
I'm overwhelmed.

I feel the same. Maybe having just 64gb is a good thing as it'll force me to be more picky about what I download.

The swipe keyboard is blowing my mind, too.

Speed Demons is a really fun & fast Arcade game. I recommend it!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
As a fan of games like Spy Hunter, Agent Intercept is cool but the levels are really long and it's annoying when you die far into it and have to start over. Needs either shorter levels or checkpoints.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
My standouts so far are (but I didn't even launch many other titles, mind you) in no particular order:

Card of Darkness
Grindstone
Frogger
Bleak Sword
Shinsekai
Assemble with care
Where Cards Fall

I would have paid 5-10 dollars for each of these games....I feel like I'm robbing the devs.
Also, some of those titles would have probably ended free to play if Apple Arcade didn't exist, meaning I wouldn't have played them for more than 5 minutes.
So extra thanks to Apple.

Seems too good to be true actually.
I'm truly speechless.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
As a fan of games like Spy Hunter, Agent Intercept is cool but the levels are really long and it's annoying when you die far into it and have to start over. Needs either shorter levels or checkpoints.

Great to get the feedback. This is mostly a symptom of the way the content is split out, how much content there is right now, and how the game is structured. There is pretty extensive content and feature roadmap for the game for the next year, some of which will allow for you to get more out of every run, successful or not, but can provide back these and any other comments back to the team.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to archive my iPad back-up in preparation of downloading the 13 beta, but for whatever reason, I can't get the right click/control-click menu to appear in iTunes to archive the back-up. Anyone know if I'm missing a step or doing something wrong?

Edit: I'm on Windows, if that matters
Edit: so I backed-up, but there's no appdata folder on my computer. I have no idea how that's possible

Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I was so wrong. Apple Arcade really is the service that could save mobile gaming. It's so cool to have games again without the f2p and mtx bullshit. I love it and will subscribe just to support it.

Handa

Nov 14, 2018
my most wanted upcoming games...

I had no idea inmost was coming to iOS, and Creaks looks fantastic. For some reason i slept on The Pathless despite it being one of the flagship apple arcade titles (i swear i've seen that ninja everywhere), i had no idea it was by the Abzu devs

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
What the Golf is awesome, didn't expect that lol
It's the purest fun I've had with a game in a long time. It's closer to what I wanted out of Donut County. Unfair to that game, but that's the comparison I have stuck in my head. It's also kinda WarioWare with a thematic throughline. I love it.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Any short game worth getting that released in the last few months? Between 1 and 3 hours would be ideal. I dont have a controller so it must be touch based (and not suck). iPad Pro or Android phone.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I just started out Mini Motorways and it definitely seems cool. I'm wondering how sophisticated you can be though. I clear the achievements per map very easily but that's just by using pretty straightforward paths. It'd be cool if it's possible to make roundabouts or diamond interchanges. I've still mostly stuck to Grindstone after beating Sayonara Wild Hearts (might try to get gold on each level still). Sounds like I should try Card of Darkness since I like Zach Gage a lot. I really want to sit down and try some of the adventure games I downloaded too.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I agree with all the praise for What The Golf, but I think Sneaky Sasquatch gets my award for the most fun game. It's just lovely!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Grindstone gets too hard too quick. Love it but they need to tone down the difficulty or give other ways to get hearts. Someone said somewhere they are supposed to replenish between level and this is just an issue in the current build. Not sure if that's true.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I think Grindstone is alright. I usually clear levels first try and have tons of resources banked. I'm starting Card of Darkness now and I feel like I missed something in the tutorial because I can't even beat the second level. That game is kicking my butt.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Grindstone gets too hard too quick. Love it but they need to tone down the difficulty or give other ways to get hearts. Someone said somewhere they are supposed to replenish between level and this is just an issue in the current build. Not sure if that's true.

Hmmmm I don't know, which level are you?
I'm at level 18 (the boss was GENIUS) and I've constantly over 200 gold, making 20-30 per level, while a heart is always 5. Actually I don't even know where to spend gold so far, because for blueprints I'm more tight of components generally.
Just crafted a nice armor :)

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Have a question since this is the first time I've tried a public beta for an IOS. What happens when the official release becomes available? Do I have to uninstall/unenroll from the beta, or does the full/release update become available automatically?

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I think there was no gm. I am kind of confused by how the beta works as well. The last public beta was a bit easier to leave

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
There is a way... is a bit rough so make a backup just in case... so... Go to Settings, General, Profile. Remove the Beta profile, restart the iPhone, go to Settings, General, Software Update and download away

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
iPad OS can't come soon enough. My soon son plays all the games on my iPhone, instead of me, lol.

Last edited:

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I wish they had just go one ahead and released Sky for Arcade. I'm a bit turned off by the games micro transactions...

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
So, now that i have time today i finally could sit down and did some research, read properly, and..... rumours say that a new iPad will unveil in october, if not in march... 5G is in my city already, and iPhone 11 Pro doesnt support it, iPhone 12 will. The 12 should have a redesign and touchID below the whole screen. Im more sold on the iPhone 12 Pro than iPhone 11 Pro with 4G to be honest. Will wait to see if they announce a new iPad next month and if not get an iPad Pro 2018. Also getting a PS4 clip to hold to an iPhone. This Apple Arcade thing has me wanting to upgrade

I had no idea inmost was coming to iOS, and Creaks looks fantastic. For some reason i slept on The Pathless despite it being one of the flagship apple arcade titles (i swear i've seen that ninja everywhere), i had no idea it was by the Abzu devs

yeah the Abzu devs have me really hyped for The Pathless. Since they also did Journey as well (some left thatgamecompany and founded this one). And i had no idea Inmost existed at all. Looks amazing! Hope it drops soon!!

I wish they had just go one ahead and released Sky for Arcade. I'm a bit turned off by the games micro transactions...

microtransactions in Sky are purely cosmetic, you dont need them at all to enjoy the game, and now is even better with a DS4

Last edited: