• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I thought I might never say this but I confess I'm immensely enjoying Call of Duty on iPhone X with Xbox controller.
Once you get past the terribad freemium UI there is a really addicting game buried underneath.

So much I now really wish for a great sci-fi FPS on iOS (not free to play), without having to wait for xCloud to happen and deliver.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I thought I might never say this but I confess I'm immensely enjoying Call of Duty on iPhone X with Xbox controller.
Once you get past the terribad freemium UI there is a really addicting game buried underneath.

So much I now really wish for a great sci-fi FPS on iOS (not free to play), without having to wait for xCloud to happen and deliver.
I rather enjoy it as well. The only annoying thing is that I cannot seem to disable auto sprint.

also downloaded that Destiny-esque game and will try it with the Xbox controller.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone heard anything on hero emblems 2? Nothing posted from the devs since Feb 2019.
I assume it's probably destined for Apple Arcade.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Do we do GOTY recommendations this year?

These are my personal best of the year (overall a glorious year).

Plain AppStore

Shards of Infinity
Dead Cells
GRIS
Alien Blackout

Apple Arcade

Shinsekai
Overland
Grindstone
Inmost

Honorable mentions: too many!!!

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Do we do GOTY recommendations this year?

These are my personal best of the year (overall a glorious year).

Plain AppStore

Shards of Infinity
Dead Cells
GRIS
Alien Blackout

Apple Arcade

Shinsekai
Overland
Grindstone
Inmost

Honorable mentions: too many!!!
Mine:

1. Grindstone
  2. Void Tyrant
  3. Guildlings
  4. Bleak Sword
  5. Witcheye
  6. Backfire
  7. Starbeard
  8. JackQuest
  9. Photographs
  10. Cultist Simulator

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
nice, thank you! it's on sale for $5 and i didn't want it to get it if it was a 'small screen' app you get without proper X support

Again just to set expectations, it is just borders around the original screen. That said, the joystick responds on those borders as well so it's not just superficial.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Again just to set expectations, it is just borders around the original screen. That said, the joystick responds on those borders as well so it's not just superficial.

thanks, that's what i expected. the only real difference for a game like this without proper support is that the screen scales a few pixels above the iPhone navigation bar at the bottom. with proper support, it displays down to the bottom of the screen

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
The more I play the more I'm loving Troll Patrol. Much deeper than it initially seems with RPG and even "cave building" elements. It's addictive as hell. If you're a fan of games like Darkin' and Dungeon Raid, don't miss it.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I'm creating the 2020 thread. I don't really believe these threads are active enough to justify monthly threads tbh.
Maybe they are not active enough but it is really convenient to browse through the monthly threads to recall which games polarized in which months. For me monthly threads were like a compendium I could take a look in when I was looking for something. That is a bit hard to do in a yearly thread.

Feb 15, 2018
Thinking about picking up Astrologaster on iphone after seeing positive feedback from the GB crew. Does anyone know how it plays on iOS?

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just finished Spaceplan. Pretty short but interesting and weird premium idle clicker game. Recommended for the price.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Oh wow. I dunno if any of you guys remember it, but Seabeard has been revived the last few weeks with a major graphical touchup and now a balance patch for QoL changes. It was a fun concept sort of like Animal Crossing and seeing it being revived is such a great thing considering its been mostly abandoned for almost 2 years.
Not sure if anyone still playes this or if there is a 2020 thread. But I just learned of this one and it's a ton of fun so far. I'm at ZZ36B-7GFJL.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Not sure if anyone still playes this or if there is a 2020 thread. But I just learned of this one and it's a ton of fun so far. I'm at ZZ36B-7GFJL.
www.resetera.com

Mobile Gaming 2020 | Slay the Spire in Your Pocket, Nuff Said OT

Welcome to the official mobile gaming thread, where we discuss the best and most interesting titles coming to iOS and Android each and every month. From sales, to exciting new releases, to promising games in the works, mobile gaming is vast and growing medium, with entries in genres of every...