• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Been meaning to recommend Demontide for anyone who is into card battlers. Great single player game with a full campaign plus a gauntlet and arena mode.

Has incredible amount of cards with well thought out enemies that require a lot of thought on having your deck prepared for their buffs and attack strategy.

Only a $2.99 unlock for the full game.

Spellsword Cards: Demontide by One Up Plus
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spellsword-cards-demontide/id1453259710?mt=8

Seconded: http://www.148apps.com/reviews/spellsword-cards-demontide-review/

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have a compendium of the top/must have games for iOS? More specifically and iPad Pro, if that matters. Not sure how reliable the "Top Free" and "Top Paid" games lists in the App Store is.

I'm completely new to iOS gaming despite owning an iPhone for nearly a decade.

I know a lot of games are going to be based on personal preference, but I pretty much like every genre. So I'm just looking for a list of every game I should get.

I've only been gaming on iOS (on the ipad pro) for about a year and a half but I consider these to be must-have titles. I mainly game on PC, if that makes any difference.

FTL
The Room Series
Planescape: Torment (my all-time favorite game)
The Go series - Lara Croft Go, Hitman Go, Deus Ex Go
Monument Valley 1 & 2
Grimvalor

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
I've found only the very recent games are optimized for the 2018 iPad pros. Another reason to look forward to Apple arcade.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Is TouchArcade dying? Been visiting their forums and theres almost no one commenting there anymore... would be a sad thing indeed... proves that bad managing (banning good users for no reason) can bring down everything... shame since it was the main place to look for games... Apple featuring isnt a good as Apple thinks and PocketGamer is probably on the same situation... what will we do?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Is TouchArcade dying? Been visiting their forums and theres almost no one commenting there anymore... would be a sad thing indeed... proves that bad managing (banning good users for no reason) can bring down everything... shame since it was the main place to look for games... Apple featuring isnt a good as Apple thinks and PocketGamer is probably on the same situation... what will we do?

It is pretty dead. I find the iOS gaming Reddit threads far more active. It is pretty sad.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
It's still not as active as TA used to be and there aren't really separate threads for all the games like TA. But I'd say on the whole it is still more active.

https://www.reddit.com/r/iosgaming/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Ok i knew about that but... theres no place like ResetEra Mobile Gaming right now i guess, kudos for us i guess. But still sad that dedicated domain paid places are going bye bye, Apple featuring isnt as good as Apple think (in Spain is horrible the games they feature), Apple Arcade could be everyones savior? I doubt it since you pay a monthly fee and get everything... dont have to ask for opinions just try them out... shame... TA and PG helped Apple a lot in their early years...

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Little Nightmare is getting a mobile game that's not a port, rather a new game made from the ground up for mobile::

This is made by Alike Studio the talented folks behind Tiny Thief, Bring You Home and Love You to Bits. This should be out very soon.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I have about 10 euros from Google Rewards, no idea where to spend because they dont accept it for books anymore in my region. Gonna read through the last few pages for recommendations.

Fancolours

Oct 25, 2017
What is the best golfing game on the Play Store right now? I have Desert Golfing and Golf Peaks installed on my phone. The former is wonderfully addictive but pretty bare and the other is well made puzzle game, but not really golfing.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ok i knew about that but... theres no place like ResetEra Mobile Gaming right now i guess, kudos for us i guess. But still sad that dedicated domain paid places are going bye bye, Apple featuring isnt as good as Apple think (in Spain is horrible the games they feature), Apple Arcade could be everyones savior? I doubt it since you pay a monthly fee and get everything... dont have to ask for opinions just try them out... shame... TA and PG helped Apple a lot in their early years...

Mobile gaming seems to be in such a weird spot when it comes to online discussion. It's an insanely popular platform for gaming yet no one really cares to talk about the games other than the megahits that warrant their own subreddit (supercell games, etc). There's not much 'nerdom' around them. I don't know if there is much blame to go around other than just the nature of the platform. I'm guessing a lot or most of the people who play mobile gaming aren't interested in the culture or industry around them. They consider them something to do to waste time and move on.

You can definitely see this when Switch gets a mobile release. It could be out on mobile for months, topping the App charts with zero discussion on Era. A port hits Switch and boom, you see the name pop up around the gaming circles.

Darkflight

Oct 27, 2017
Mobile gaming seems to be in such a weird spot when it comes to online discussion. It's an insanely popular platform for gaming yet no one really cares to talk about the games. There's not much 'nerdom' around them. I don't know if there is much blame to go around other than just the nature of the platform. I'm guessing a lot or most of the people who play mobile gaming aren't interested in the culture or industry around them. They consider them something to do to waste time and move on.

You can definitely see this when Switch gets a mobile release. It could be out on mobile for months, topping the App charts with zero discussion on Era. A port hits Switch and boom, you see the name pop up around the gaming circles.
Yeah, I know about mobile games from here and Twitter, then it hits Switch and gets a GiantBomb video as if it's brand new when it's been out for months as you say. They'll make an Elder Scrolls mobile game video though as that's a big name and then shit on "mobile games" as if they're all the same throughout it.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know of any premium traditional JRPGs with full screen iPhone X support? There's one new Kemco game that has it but looks like they haven't updated the rest of their catalog.

Outside of FF Tactics, I don't think SE has updated any of their others. And I was looking for more in the standard JRPG genre as opposed to more tactical.

8sanders

Oct 26, 2017
What is the best golfing game on the Play Store right now? I have Desert Golfing and Golf Peaks installed on my phone. The former is wonderfully addictive but pretty bare and the other is well made puzzle game, but not really golfing.
The best golf game on mobile is Neo Turf Masters. One of the best gold games of all time.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of any premium traditional JRPGs with full screen iPhone X support? There's one new Kemco game that has it but looks like they haven't updated the rest of their catalog.

Outside of FF Tactics, I don't think SE has updated any of their others. And I was looking for more in the standard JRPG genre as opposed to more tactical.

Not exactly "traditional" but Monster Hunter Stories has full screen X support and has fairly standard menu-driven combat.

Adventures of Mana also has X support. It's more of a classic, but it's all action-oriented combat.

Evoland 2 has elements of traditional rpg stuff, but is a little all over the place.

That's all I got.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's the place to ask but I'll do so anyway.

On my commute the other day I saw someone playing a gave in their mobile but couldn't ask them which it was. It reminded me a lot of the old arcade game buster bros (pang) where you would shoot upwards at bouncing balls and they would break up and get smaller as smaller while you could only go side to side to avoid them until you basically got rid of them.

There were obviously some differences from what I could tell. You weren't a character, it looked like you were a tank. It was updated to be colorful and have the aesthetics of today. There were no ladders again cause it looked like you were a pink tank. Oh and the balls themselves had like numbers on them (like health maybe?) That went down as you shot them and as they split into smaller balls.

Long shot but anyone know of anything like this?

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Any Android users here who love Suikoden?

Exit Fate was a game that is quintessentially a Suikoden Gaiden with music and assets from older ps1 games, but a great story with great political depth, fantastic characters, and fun gameplay and recruitment. And it's even completely free! Unfortunately it's not on ios, or I'd be playing it all the time, but if you're on android, or you're looking for a good freeware RPG on PC, give it a go!

Oh, it's also completely free!

exit_fate_01_5642.jpg

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Little Nightmare is getting a mobile game that's not a port, rather a new game made from the ground up for mobile::

This is made by Alike Studio the talented folks behind Tiny Thief, Bring You Home and Love You to Bits. This should be out very soon.

I completely missed that it is by Alike Studio. That's gonna be a sure buy. My SO and I had so much fun playing Bring You Home and Love You to Bits together, albeit the former was not as entertaining as the latter.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's the place to ask but I'll do so anyway.

On my commute the other day I saw someone playing a gave in their mobile but couldn't ask them which it was. It reminded me a lot of the old arcade game buster bros (pang) where you would shoot upwards at bouncing balls and they would break up and get smaller as smaller while you could only go side to side to avoid them until you basically got rid of them.

There were obviously some differences from what I could tell. You weren't a character, it looked like you were a tank. It was updated to be colorful and have the aesthetics of today. There were no ladders again cause it looked like you were a pink tank. Oh and the balls themselves had like numbers on them (like health maybe?) That went down as you shot them and as they split into smaller balls.

Long shot but anyone know of anything like this?
I gave it a shot but unfortunately couldn't find what you were describing. If you want a good Pang-like game though I would take a look at The Bug Butcher.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope I'll still be able to purchase games from the app store. Not big on subscriptions.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Really depends on each one spending habits.
I get a strong feeling that this will widen the difference between free to play games and premium games, which if going as planned will be almost all Arcade exclusives.

I think the fee will be 10 dollars/month top.
Probably they will provide discounts for 3 or 12 months membership...going as low as 5-6 dollars/month.

It obviously depends on the line up but seems like a killer value to me, especially if devs will be profitable (the only thing that will make the platform worthwhile in the long run, unless Apple pumps money constantly in it).
The already known games seem pretty strong to me...surely worth 10 dollars even if you play them just one month (Oceanhorn 2 probably worth it alone).

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope I'll still be able to purchase games from the app store. Not big on subscriptions.

"Our sources indicate that all Apple Arcade games will not be offered on Google Play Store. The deal is essentially 'mobile exclusive', so developers will be allowed to launch on games consoles like PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch — just no Android. Arcade games will not be sold in the App Store as normal downloads."

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/14/arcade-500-million/

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If it has over 100 premium games and stuff like they showed off at the presser, I think $9.99 a month isn't bad TBH.

considering the price of the average iOS game, I would have to buy at least 2 games a month for Arcade to be worth it... that does not take MacOS into consideration, of course. (which is a shit platform for PC gaming anyway)

"Our sources indicate that all Apple Arcade games will not be offered on Google Play Store. The deal is essentially 'mobile exclusive', so developers will be allowed to launch on games consoles like PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch — just no Android. Arcade games will not be sold in the App Store as normal downloads."

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/14/arcade-500-million/

Same for Mac OS, correct? Arcade was for iOS, Apple TV and MacOS, or did I misunderstood this?

Gray

Oct 25, 2017

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Hey folks. I'm looking for a good cross platform game that I can easily play with my friend who has an Android (I have an iPhone). Preferably something f2p if possible.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Street officially announced for iOS and Android. Trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=07TffPtB_Jg

Edit: Apparently it's just the Windows game Miami Street renamed to Forza Street. And it's supposed to be terrible. You don't even control steering on it. Kind of sad that the Forza brand was put on it if it is really bad.

Last edited: