• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ren-shin

Oct 28, 2017
I was gonna give a chance for Warhammer Quest 2 on that price, but the game has IAP, and a lot. So I gave up. I don't agree with that practice.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
"Our sources indicate that all Apple Arcade games will not be offered on Google Play Store. The deal is essentially 'mobile exclusive', so developers will be allowed to launch on games consoles like PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch — just no Android. Arcade games will not be sold in the App Store as normal downloads."

https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/14/arcade-500-million/
Im probably going to be switching back to Android (for money reasons more than anything), so I doubt I'll have the chance to try out the Apple Arcade unless I get an iPad again someday.

I'm sure most of the bigger games that'll come to this will also come to Switch and stuff so I can play those ones, but I'm sure there'll be more than a few good ones that will stay on the Arcade so it'll be a shame that I won't ever be able to play those on Android.

Maybe in a few years Apple will finally give their cheaper model iPhones 1080p screens at minimum. Just can't justify lower than that at the prices Appple charges anymore.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna give a chance for Warhammer Quest 2 on that price, but the game has IAP, and a lot. So I gave up. I don't agree with that practice.

You don't need them to enjoy the game. Just extra classes if you want them.

I played the game and also never felt the need to buy an IAP for gold at all. Pitta can probably confirm this as well (though he may have wanted the other classes). There's a ton of gameplay there for $.99. Just my two cents.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
You don't need them to enjoy the game. Just extra classes if you want them.

I played the game and also never felt the need to buy an IAP for gold at all. Pitta can probably confirm this as well (though he may have wanted the other classes). There's a ton of gameplay there for $.99. Just my two cents.

Yeah.
It's the same as the original Warhammer Quest.
Iaps aren't needed at all.
They are 2 full fledged expansions (providing hours of new story/enemies/tile sets) and additional chars/miniatures...EXACTELY as the original boardgame (you will buy the additional chars only if you want to play that char, you won't miss anything if you stick to the original ones).

At 1 dollars it's a real steal, even if you just play for an hour.
Base content is approx 10 hours to complete the campaign.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The acclaimed strategy series Spellforce gets a premium turn-based title on iOS, pre-order now before its release on April 26th:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/spellforce-heroes-magic/id1451708258

The creators of the excellent time travelling puzzler Causality, lojugames, are back with Ordia, a platformer that you can pre-order now on iOS ahead of its launch May 1st:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ordia/id1309000429

(Thanks mixtobin!)

are there any previews out there for Spellforce? First time I hear about it.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I'm all for buying premium games on mobile, but I'm not a fan of subscription services, so I'm not sure about Apple Arcade to be honest.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The only thing that excites me is Apple's commitment to premium content, without IAPs and all the f2p bullshit.

I would still prefer to buy the game I want to play, as I normally don't play that much on mobile.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I am.
A lot.
Actually I really hope to hear more infos about it in June at WWDC.

We may hear more about the developer's side of things at WWDC but I wouldn't expect any new game announcement or pricing info. This will be solely to talk about monetization, implementation and how developers will earn money.

I would be happy to be proven wrong but I'm guessing the vital informations will be kept for September's event shortly before the service's launch.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
We may hear more about the developer's side of things at WWDC but I wouldn't expect any new game announcement or pricing info. This will be solely to talk about monetization, implementation and how developers will earn money.

I would be happy to be proven wrong but I'm guessing the vital informations will be kept for September's event shortly before the service's launch.

I'm hoping to hear more about devs money earning (which will be critical in the long run to attract more devs to the platform) and hopefully new iOS 13 relevant infos on the matter (like wide system iCloud saving, Game Center revamp, controller support, whatever).

Anything actually.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping to hear more about devs money earning (which will be critical in the long run to attract more devs to the platform) and hopefully new iOS 13 relevant infos on the matter (like wide system iCloud saving, Game Center revamp, controller support, whatever).

Anything actually.

iOS 13 will get a full blowout and you'll get almost every feature launching with it.

We already have a lot of info though courtesy of Marc Gurman's article earlier this year:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ep-new-3-d-camera-for-2020-iphones-in-ar-push

And this week's 9to5Mac Report:
https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/15/ios-13-features-dark-mode/

I wouldn't bet on any of the feature you're mentioning though... At least every Apple Arcade game will come with iCloud and Controller support.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
I think a Game Center revamp is a good bet. dont think the app will come back tho.
Wouldn't surprise me if they used Memoji as your avatar.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The incredible SKY by thatgamecompany (Journey, Flower) has been in Beta for a while now, after being announced at Apple's September 2017 Keynote, but it seems that it may release soon.

In China the game's set to release on June 21st so that could also be the date for its worldwide launch. The Beta has also received a massive update this week polishing up the experience a lot:
https://itunes.apple.com/cn/app/sky光-遇/id1344733855?mt=8

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried the Sky beta a couple of times and couldn't get into it.
hoping it still comes out for Apple TV, feels like it needs a bit more space.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Are there any fun 2-player online co-op games of any kind I can play with my girlfriend while she's away for a week? She's bored out of her mind and I feel like we can do better than Draw Something and Words With Friends...

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Are there any fun 2-player online co-op games of any kind I can play with my girlfriend while she's away for a week? She's bored out of her mind and I feel like we can do better than Draw Something and Words With Friends...
Does it have to be cooperative? We like to play digital board games when apart, especially Carcassonne, Ticket to Ride and Lost Cities. Actually we could also use some new games to play.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what type of games you both like. Here's a variety of some:

-Armello (Board Game RPG)
-Identity V (1v4 survival horror)
-Disney Heroes: Battle Mode (Collection ARPG)
-Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Depends on what type of games you both like. Here's a variety of some:

-Armello (Board Game RPG)
-Identity V (1v4 survival horror)
-Disney Heroes: Battle Mode (Collection ARPG)
-Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Disney Heroes has online co-op? I thought it was just a traditional party-based auto-battler. What's the co-op like?

And I thought AC Pocket Camp only allowed for friend to just join an instance of your camp to peruse. Have they added more to it?

Going to check out the first two you mentioned now; thanks so much for these recommendations!

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Disney Heroes has online co-op? I thought it was just a traditional party-based auto-battler. What's the co-op like?

And I thought AC Pocket Camp only allowed for friend to just join an instance of your camp to peruse. Have they added more to it?

Going to check out the first two you mentioned now; thanks so much for these recommendations!
I've not played either Disney Heores or AC: PC but they were labeled under the multiplayer feature so.. *shrug*

EDIT: There are plenty of multiplayer games on mobile but most are competitive games. Games I have tried are Clash Royale and Brawl Stars and both allow you to play with each other but you'll usually be against other players in competitive matches. If your both into that then I would recommend those game but if not; someone above mentioned board games which might be a better fit for playing with a friend online.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Zombicide: Tactics & Shotguns by Asmodee Digital:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombicide-tactics-shotguns/id1210665981?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedigital.zombicidev2

Anyone looking forward to the new Marvel Future Fight update with Endgame? It's the only game I play on mobile.
I've never played future fight or any of the Marvel games so what do the movie tie-ins usually have? Like cosmetic skins and loot or new single player content?