• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Zombicide: Tactics & Shotguns by Asmodee Digital:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombicide-tactics-shotguns/id1210665981?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedigital.zombicidev2

I've never played future fight or any of the Marvel games so what do the movie tie-ins usually have? Like cosmetic skins and loot or new single player content?

Yeah and the boss movie battles here; which is a new campaign basically without a paywall

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Today i deleted every gacha game i had installed.. It feels good to be done with that madness..

I went to the app store and realized... there is no premium game filter. what?! why....

That's what Apple Arcade aims to be. And to be fair, the games tab is a lot more curated than what you'd find on Google's Play Store. That one is such a mess.

Deleted member 49574

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
That's what Apple Arcade aims to be. And to be fair, the games tab is a lot more curated than what you'd find on Google's Play Store. That one is such a mess.

I'm definitely looking forward to Apple Arcade. I use the game tab but i really wish there was a easier way to view recent releases and just show paid games when searching for tags. there is a free filter but not paid.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Down side for me for Apple Arcade is that there doesn't seem much out in the next 5 months, and then there will be an explosion of stuff lol

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
The best async deckbuilder in years, possibly THE best, is out next month.

Shards of Infinity by TempleGames (Race for the Galaxy, Ascension VR).

It's the child of Ascension (also it's 'sequel') and Star Realms, app is awesome both on iPad and iPhone.

I'm in the beta and if you like these sort of games, be excited....it's consuming all my free time with multiple async games per day plus games against the excellent neural AI.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Apparently Maro Kart Tour beta just started on Android (USA and Japan only), so I guess the game is not that far off.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Nope, only the registrations so far. The closed beta will run from May 22nd to June 4th. It was supposed to be out by March.

Oh my bad, anyway it starts very soon so the game must not be that far off, considering it has already been delayed (maybe after summer).
Slightly worried about no Europe, hoping it won't be like Dragalia Lost.

Edit: just noticed they do state a Summer release on the official site.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Unless the dev thinks he could sell very well on Android or the game is multiplayer and needs a big base, if Apple Arcade is succefull the AppStore will be a barren land for premium games I fear (outside of Arcade).

I'm really excited for it but I hope we won't get a ton of games all of a sudden.
They will want to distribuite the better ones in several months, to have people renewing the monthly fee (or playing them, because completing them all, or even just the ones you like in a single month will be impossibile and stupid).

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Unless the dev thinks he could sell very well on Android or the game is multiplayer and needs a big base, if Apple Arcade is succefull the AppStore will be a barren land for premium games I fear (outside of Arcade).

I'm really excited for it but I hope we won't get a ton of games all of a sudden.
They will want to distribuite the better ones in several months, to have people renewing the monthly fee (or playing them, because completing them all, or even just the ones you like in a single month will be impossibile and stupid).

Seems like they'll have at least a huge launch lineup. It should come at a set pace afterwards (weeks or month I'm guessing).

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

Seems like they'll have at least a huge launch lineup. It should come at a set pace afterwards (weeks or month I'm guessing).

If they have some solid lineup at launch and they annouce whats to come in the coming months so we always a title each thursday, say... for 10£ a month ill buy it. If its shady i will have think about it

Oct 27, 2017
Shards of Infinity is now in Open Beta.

iOS:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/Wz902wo6

Android:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.templegatesgames.Sh...

Steam:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1008800

Android and Steam access requires purchase (7.99 USD) and you will own the game. The iOS beta is free and will expire upon release.

I've been playing the beta and it's a lot of fun! Definitely along the Ascension lines, with a nice interface and plenty of game variety. Any idea if it'll launch with the expansion? Saw it in the store preview--game's great, but I'm spoiled by the fact that Ascension has had, what, nine expansions thus far?

scarlet

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Chrono Trigger, didn't like the control, so I refund it. Few Hours later it's half price, so tempted to buy it again LOL.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Trailer:

The game will be 8.99€ and 30% off when you pre-order. Will of course be MFi controller compatible.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Turns out there ARE some premium games out between now and Apple Arcade then! :)

Hopefully they will port Monsterr Boy too.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Ordia is pretty fun. Reminds me of Parachute Ninja, an iOS classic, but more cute and with longer levels but the same style of gameplay. I wanted to replay that one so this will do. Good fun.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What is considered the best controller for iOS today? Is it still the SteelSeries Nimbus?

I'm starting to get a little more interested in Apple Arcade, only cause it'll supposedly give us more premium experiences, which is what I am looking for. I hope it'll have both original and ported content.

This looks neat. I like the app description style of here's why I think you should play my game.

Oh, and Rolando is out too. After a lull I'm now in game overload... Rolando: Royal Edition by HandCircus
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rolando-royal-edition/id1434308550?mt=8
Hmm, looking at that video, it reminds me of some game many years ago. And Rolando sounds familiar.

After some time of almost no games, recently mobile is killing it.

Cultist simulator is GLORIOUS btw.
I'm kinda starting to look for a new game, and Cultist Simulator looks interesting. How one have to figure out how it plays. And apparently there's story in there, which I hope is worth it. I can't say I was a fan of either Out There or FTL. But if it's more about a story, or text adventure, than something roguelike (I do like rogues, I'm just not much in the mood for it currently), like say 80 Days, then my interest will be peaked.

The best off road racer built for mobile is back on iOS for its third installment as Rush Rally 3 is out now for 4.99:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rush-rally-3/id1437096541?l=en&mt=8
This reminds me a lot of Colin McRae Rally 2 and Virtua Rally. Thinking of buying it, or waiting for a sale.

Pixel Puzzle Collection is now available in Europe. Finally.
This seems nice, downloading.

Nice! I loved it on PC. Hopefully there's some to play with online. Any of you guys have it installed? We could do a weekly competition on it.

It's the child of Ascension (also it's 'sequel') and Star Realms, app is awesome both on iPad and iPhone.

I'm in the beta and if you like these sort of games, be excited....it's consuming all my free time with multiple async games per day plus games against the excellent neural AI.
I could do with a deckbuilder card game.
Don't think I'm gonna jump back into Pokémon TCG or Hearthstone.

FARGOAL is the next game Gameclub is resurrecting.

Hype!!!
So what is this Gameclub about? Is it a new developer/publisher releasing games that used to be on the App Store?

For deckbuilding fans and players that liked Ascension, it's follow up Shards of Infinity will be beta testing soon:

https://toucharcade.com/2019/03/11/shards-of-infinity-beta-test/
Thanks for this link. Just downloaded it through TestFlight. Gonna check it out.i used to like Ascension back in the day.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

I have to echo how amazing Shards of Infinity is. Feels and plays amazing with some great innovation.

Thanks for the heads up! Would love to get some games going...

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
How is Shards of Infinity singleplayer for the people that are playing it in beta? I still have hope for Slay the Spire on iPad but I'm always down for some good card gaming.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
How is Shards of Infinity singleplayer for the people that are playing it in beta? I still have hope for Slay the Spire on iPad but I'm always down for some good card gaming.

These kind of games really shine in multiplayer because all you do in single player is fighting against AI. Games take 5-10 minutes.
AI is pretty great, it uses the same (excellent) neural engine used in Race for The Galaxy, you have easy, medium and hard.
They are still feeding it with tons of weekly games to let the AI learn, and each week the hard setting is harder and more cunning (I went from 100% winning with no scratches to 50% win ratio in last 10 days).
But there isn't any story/progression if that's what you were asking, it's not that kind of game.
It's the digital port of the real life card game (like Ascension or Star Realms).

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
These kind of games really shine in multiplayer because all you do in single player is fighting against AI. Games take 5-10 minutes.
AI is pretty great, it uses the same (excellent) neural engine used in Race for The Galaxy, you have easy, medium and hard.
They are still feeding it with tons of weekly games to let the AI learn, and each week the hard setting is harder and more cunning (I went from 100% winning with no scratches to 50% win ratio in last 10 days).
But there isn't any story/progression if that's what you were asking, it's not that kind of game.
It's the digital port of the real life card game (like Ascension or Star Realms).

Don't need progression just a few AI games are enough for me. Thanks!