• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Another good premium rogue like card battler is out. Loving the artwork. $2.99

Spellsword Cards: Origins
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id1459350707?mt=8

Cool Lunar Lander inspired game. $1.99

Lunar Rescue Mission by Top Secret Developments
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lunar-rescue-mission/id1454133831?mt=8&uo=4

Really having a blast with that Kingsman game I posted earlier (outside very unfortunate graphical placement of the joystick, which is floating). And Ordia is great as well.

Nice to see plenty of good premium games still rolling out!

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Of note, The Gardens Between will be compatible with MFi Controllers, iCloud Syncing and even Keyboards on iPad. The game will also be running at 60fps at full resolution on 3rd Gen iPad Pro (so 2388 x 1668 on the 12.9) and with the game looking gorgeous this is seriously impressive.

The game runs at 1440p at 30fps on PS4 Pro for example. So twice the frames at a higher resolution.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know it?
I never heard about it...I'm not sure I like the 'static cat' bat everything else looks nice.

It's kind of an Ori wanna-be but with a few twists with the different realms thing especially. Not nearly as good Ori. Still not half bad for $2. I have it on Xbox One though I honestly haven't played it much.

Got kind of mediocre reviews from critics but Steam reviews are pretty positive.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
Of note, The Gardens Between will be compatible with MFi Controllers, iCloud Syncing and even Keyboards on iPad. The game will also be running at 60fps at full resolution on 3rd Gen iPad Pro (so 2388 x 1668 on the 12.9) and with the game looking gorgeous this is seriously impressive.

The game runs at 1440p at 30fps on PS4 Pro for example. So twice the frames at a higher resolution.

oh man, I was sold before I read this. Gonna play it on my 12.9 iPad Pro.

Last edited:

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any tycoon games on Android that's not F2P garbage? It's like trying to look for a needle in a shit filled haystack.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Ordia is on sale for $2.99. Don't pass on this wonderful platformer.

Already? Well, but like you say is a wonderful one touch platformer that plays in portrait. I love it. I like that when you finish a level a hard version and a speedrun version shows up and the little variety within every level. They are smartly made. For 3€ is a steal in my book.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I've mentioned it before but I hope people are playing The Arcade Rabbit. It's a really good rogue like. F2P but very fair and really haven't felt the need to even buy anything.

Someone described it as Wonder Blade meets Binding of Issac and I think that's pretty accurate. Fun game!

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
So much for my fears the AppStore would have been a desert regarding premium games after the Apple Arcade announcement.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
So much for my fears the AppStore would have been a desert regarding premium games after the Apple Arcade announcement.

Well it's still getting less games than before and it's certainly coming from a few big publishers but at least we're still getting great games indeed. Feels like some games were too far along to be exclusive to iOS anyways and can't be part of Arcade. We'll see a bigger push for that at the end of the year and early next year.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly think the only way to play this well will be with a controller. The game is hard enough with one. No way I see this working well with touch controls but if they can pull off the impossible, I'll be happy to eat my words.
Agreed. Unless they are slowing down the movement and combat to compensate for the touch screen this will not work well without a controller. I've played the game on PC and there are many parts in the game, especially the boss battles, that require multiple inputs in less than a second or else you'll die.

Only other concern I might have about this game is that it takes several hours of gameplay before you start to feel like your making any progress which might not lend itself great to mobile play.

Still, I'm very glad that this is coming to mobile either way. The more people that can play this game the better I say.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
It will be sure a daunting task, but Playdigious did a great work with Teslagrad.
And can't wait for Monster Boy.

Here you can read some of the development of Dead Cells on mobile.
It's a great read imho.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/342131/Porting_Dead_Cells_to_mobile_An_indepth_breakdown.php

That is an interesting read. But man there are a lot of buttons on that WIP screen. Not so sure about it but we shall see.

Looks like there is an option to auto hit too. Hmmm...

Anyway, it's far more challenging input wise than Teslagrad that's for sure.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
That is an interesting read. But man there are a lot of buttons on that WIP screen. Not so sure about it but we shall see.

Looks like there is an option to auto hit too. Hmmm...

Anyway, it's far more challenging input wise than Teslagrad that's for sure.

It is for sure, but not more buttons that Dust. which I enjoyed a lot as well (I'll play with a controller anyway most of the time).
Actually Teslagrad is really hard and complex (button wise) in last levels and bosses.
It's not frantic as Dead Cells for sure, but it's not that easy it may seems (or at least I had to really sweat to comoplete it).

Don't get me wrong....I too think it's a daunting task.

We will see.
Another interesting benchmark will be Monster Boy, also by Playdigious, Out this month.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
91Qbq8xn4RL._SY550_.png
79T3jiziueS-87AD9UqNPtVsrGYX0mt0NlRYqxbpFMg3fKt2guffvKqgE3lTGBULgBI=w720-h310-rw

Been playing a lot of Wizard Warfare on android. It plays like Conquest of Elysium 3 and other semi 4x games, but you're a wizard.

Best part is you can play it portrait, and every button, item, and symbol is easily explained in a very long wiki/help section.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
91Qbq8xn4RL._SY550_.png
79T3jiziueS-87AD9UqNPtVsrGYX0mt0NlRYqxbpFMg3fKt2guffvKqgE3lTGBULgBI=w720-h310-rw

Been playing a lot of Wizard Warfare on android. It plays like Conquest of Elysium 3 and other semi 4x games, but you're a wizard.

Best part is you can play it portrait, and every button, item, and symbol is easily explained in a very long wiki/help section.

that looks nuts. cool that it can be played in portrait.

Grimvalor, the dark fantasy action RPG, is now in Google Play Early Access:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.direlight.grimvalor

cool thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Magnibox is a really clever puzzle game. Swipe to move, tap to use the ability. There are twists at every turn and is really fun to play and is getting tough. Good times. Fully premuim. Im on a mobile so dont have the link