• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Have you played the Dungeon Warfare games? They are excellent with lots of cool traps and quite challenging.

The Fieldrunners games are also good for a more standard TD. As are Defend the Cake and OTTD: Over the Top Tower Defense.

If you are looking for something.a little different, I also recommend Dark Zone Defense. It's not a traditional TD. You are just one tower but your enemies are coming at you in the dark. Have to move your light around and listen and watch your warning light to know if something is getting too close.

Incredibly challenging with some originality with weapons and abilities. In fact, been meaning to mention it here for everyone. Believe it's also on sale right now for $.99.
Thank you so much I will look into these!

Does the iOS app store not have a way of adding a game to a favourites list? I can't see an option anywhere!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you so much I will look into these!

Does the iOS app store not have a way of adding a game to a favourites list? I can't see an option anywhere!

There used to be a wish list option but they took it away.

Also looks like OTTD added a lot of IAPs since I played it years ago so not sure if they changed it to be F2P or how those affect the balance.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Only with the Steam Link App. It's a bit like the iCade situation.

The rotor is a competent MFi controller and the on.y one with R3/L3 support.
Thanks. I'm going to hold off for now then. I didn't realize the Rotor Riot one was wired. Which seems less than ideal. Maybe there will be a new wave of controllers once Arcade comes that have R/L3.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, mentioned earlier that it was gone.
What's odd about the Wish List being removed from the App Store is that they still have that functionality on iTunes for movies and music. Have no idea why they ditched it on the App Store.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I'm looking for recommendations for a new tower defense game to play on my iPhone if anyone has any (besides kingdom rush).

Alex Connolly

Oct 27, 2017
Kagoshima, Japan
Anyone tried that Durango Wild Lands? Intrigued, but it hasn't dropped in Japan yet. Grabbing the APK just shunts me to a 'under maintenance' screen. Intrigued, unless it's the usual F2P grind shite.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finally tried Steam Link on my iPad. It's absolutely amazing how good (local) streaming works these days. Works very well with the Steam Controller. Well, if you actually like it, I don't...
I had some problems connecting the controller, I had to downgrade the firmware and upgrade it again to make it work.

Deleted member 49574

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
Anyone tried that Durango Wild Lands? Intrigued, but it hasn't dropped in Japan yet. Grabbing the APK just shunts me to a 'under maintenance' screen. Intrigued, unless it's the usual F2P grind shite.

I have played it for like 30 hours.. Its fun but the grind for the next tier of gear can get boring when you keep doing that over and over

Last edited:

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Million Onion Hotel is on sale for $1. I picked it up, curious what awaits me. Never could get into that Dandy game though.

Also I am super curious about Apple Arcade after I read about some of those games coming to the service. But I am seriously hoping it's not $10 a month.

I was looking into that myself, all I found was being able to "share" it to reminders or your notes. bummer lol
You could use an app called "WSH LST" which works pretty well and pretty similar as the old wishlist we used to have. You can also subscribe to it for $5 a year to get notifications when an app drops in price. Afaik there are no free services which offer push notifications on price drops anymore.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I've played Hot Springs Story, Pocket Academy, and Grand Prix story. They all play very similarly to Game Dev Story, so if you want more of that they'll be good. I haven't played any of their recent stuff.

Far and away my faces are:

-Anime Studio Story - this IS game dev story but with anime

-Dungeon Village - not like game dev but you run a village adventurers come to. Sell them equipment, send on dungeon runs, kill enemies and bosses, grow your town.

- Pocket League Story - run a soccer team build up a field/home area, play teams around the world. Train and level up your team members. It's great

- Grand Prix Story - 1 NOT 2!!! It's like Pocket League but with racing

These are my favorites of the bunch and I recommend them all. If you want weirder, both Epic Astro Story and Beastie Bay are great abs really different :)

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Zombie Night Terror is awesome and perfect for touch controls. You get a few syringes to infect humans with the goal of infecting everyone in each stage.

But the humans will fight back so it's not that easy. So you have to make sure you determine the best places to infect. Then use doors, stairs and other obstacles to change to keep your zombies moving where you need them to (like Lemmings).

More items and infection types get added to control your zombies keep getting getting added and the levels are large and diverse.

Also very polished with some funny cut scenes.

It's really fun and quite hard, especially to get the bonus objectives like not having any zombie killed.

Highly recommended. Grab it while it's on the launch sale!

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, any game recomendation like Dont Starve for Android?

Ty
Crashlands - Like Don't Starve but without the heavy survival elements and more arcadey gameplay
Grim Soul - Much of the same gameplay loop from DS but more emphasis on raiding dungeons and fighting monsters for loot.
Ankora - Another game with a similar gameplay loop to DS but this game has some more story to it.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Not live yet but apparently later this week One Deck Dungeon is going Universal. Always thought there was no reason for it to be iPad only, especially with the larger size phones available.

Kramer

Oct 27, 2017

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Found a thread on Reddit that said the Android version introduced gems etc for speeding up building. Is this the case with iOS version? Will deffo buy if it's proper premium.

Nope. It's fully premium and it seems you don't even need those to "buy" mods. Given the fact that this has been massively updated for the last three years, iOS is getting one hell of a city builder busting with features and great animations.

It's really the best "Sim City 2000"-like that you can play on mobile now.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to also recommend another PC port, Solar Explorer: New Dawn. It's a lunar landing type game but not just the landing stage but three stages, including entering the atmosphere. It's probably one of the most cinematic experiences on iOS with a fantastic soundtrack and has that one more time hook.

That and Zombie Night Terror are must buys IMO.

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Wanted to also recommend another PC port, Solar Explorer: New Dawn. It's a lunar landing type game but not just the landing stage but three stages, including entering the atmosphere. It's probably one of the most cinematic experiences on iOS with a fantastic soundtrack and has that one more time hook.

That and Zombie Night Terror are must buys IMO.

I have really too many games already but Solar Explorer is damn tempting.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Bloons TD 6 is free for the first time. Has lots of IAPs but seemed pretty fair from what I've played in the past.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Labyrinth of the Witch, a pretty good Shiren the wanderer clone. It's free to play with ads which you can get rid of by upgrading to the premium version (IAP).

There are a total of 4 characters, one starting character and three characters that obtain by IAP. One of the three characters, the male character in the start screen, can also be purchased using in-game gold currency for 100k gold. Other IAPs are character headgear packs and an item insurance feature (allows you to keep your items when you die). Headgear in the headgear pack can also be purchased individually per character by IAP or by using another in-game currency called medala (I have no idea how to obtain these yet).

Game feels polished and fun. I'm not far yet, finished the tutorial and the first dungeon but any fan of roguelikes/mystery dungeon games should give it a shot.

iOS
Android