• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Castelvania SOTN iOS port in the AppStore.
Apparently it supports controllers as well.

apps.apple.com

‎Castlevania: SotN

‎Il più celebre gioco della serie di Castlevania arriva finalmente su mobile. Salta, scatta e combatti per farti largo attraverso il vasto castello di Dracula nei panni di Alucard in questo classico GDR d'azione e svela una storia avvincente con una vasta gamma di nemici unici e personaggi...

Never played this so instabuy cant wait till i get back home lol bye bye free time

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Castelvania SOTN iOS port in the AppStore.
Apparently it supports controllers as well.

apps.apple.com

‎Castlevania: SotN

‎Il più celebre gioco della serie di Castlevania arriva finalmente su mobile. Salta, scatta e combatti per farti largo attraverso il vasto castello di Dracula nei panni di Alucard in questo classico GDR d'azione e svela una storia avvincente con una vasta gamma di nemici unici e personaggi...
Nice surprise to wake up to!

MrSpiffing

Oct 30, 2017
I read that the on screen controls don't hide in SOTN when using a controller? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

8sanders

Oct 26, 2017
For those unaware..... Castlevaina:SOTN is considered literally one of the best games ever made. Definitely worth picking up, especially at $3 and with controller support.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
It's a King F2P affair, but y'all should try out Knighthood. Great artstyle and some good gameplay with a very fair difficulty curve in the opening hours.
This banned individual is correct. Knighthood is excellent. It's the first mobile game I've gotten addicted to in a long time! I was ensnared last weekend and have been playing every day since. I've probably already dropped like 6-7 hours into it.

Anyone else playing?

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting no audio in that SOTN port? The music was half of what I love about the game!

Edit: ignore, weirdly none of my games are playing audio, so clearly somethings up with my phone.

Last edited:

Mucha

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
This banned individual is correct. Knighthood is excellent. It's the first mobile game I've gotten addicted to in a long time! I was ensnared last weekend and have been playing every day since. I've probably already dropped like 6-7 hours into it.

Anyone else playing?
Been playing for a few hours the past week. Very well made, and truly enjoyable to play.

Aspen

Banned
Oct 10, 2019

Anyone else playing?
I deleted earlier because I thought the game play was just brainlessly tapping the screen. I have played more of it now and it does seems like there are some depth to it (i.e. you have to switch out heroes and weapons against different type of enemies), but I am still pretty early to the game and none of that really matter that much.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I deleted earlier because I thought the game play was just brainlessly tapping the screen. I have played more of it now and it does seems like there are some depth to it (i.e. you have to switch out heroes and weapons against different type of enemies), but I am still pretty early to the game and none of that really matter that much.
Believe me, it will start to matter tremendously by the end of the second map / beginning of the third.

You need a weapon that's strong against every single enemy type, heroes who are strong against each enemy type (or healers who can keep you alive), and armor sets that are strong against each attack type.

There is a ton of gear to manage, and always many things progressing at once. That's what I love: progression loops and gear. It's been a lot of fun for me.

Even basic combat demands more of your attention and no small measure of strategy by the time you get to the second map. You have to decide when to strike with your gauntlet to build rage vs. when to strike with a weapon that may strong against a certain enemy type. Who do you take out first, and how? When do you trigger your hero powers, and which ones? There's more to it than you'd think.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Got back into Dandara with the big expansion update, starting from scratch. Had gotten stuck last time around but now am much further. Some of the tweaks they made, aside from the new content, really have smoothed out the game.

It's really an amazing Metroidvania that I should have never gave up on to begin with. But maybe a better experience now anyway. Don't sleep on this game if you don't have it. May be the best Metroidvania game on iOS. (Aside from SotN but control wise, this is better on iOS)

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Got back into Dandara with the big expansion update, starting from scratch. Had gotten stuck last time around but now am much further. Some of the tweaks they made, aside from the new content, really have smoothed out the game.

It's really an amazing Metroidvania that I should have never gave up on to begin with. But maybe a better experience now anyway. Don't sleep on this game if you don't have it. May be the best Metroidvania game on iOS. (Aside from SotN but control wise, this is better on iOS)
I should give the game another shot. I did enjoy what I played, but eventually the difficulty was more of a chore than enjoyable. Dying sucked out all my will to make the slog back. So I gave up... The QOL changes mentioned since I last played sound like they would help.

I should try SotN too. Despite enjoying so many Metroidvanias over the years, I've never played SoTN... :(

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I should give the game another shot. I did enjoy what I played, but eventually the difficulty was more of a chore than enjoyable. Dying sucked out all my will to make the slog back. So I gave up... The QOL changes mentioned since I last played sound like they would help.

I should try SotN too. Despite enjoying so many Metroidvanias over the years, I've never played SoTN... :(

Yeah, for Dandara, since it launched they added an easy mode and now you can add more flags and other "cheats" if you want.

Difficulty got the best of me the first time around too.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Neon Chrome controls quite well. Actually think I prefer the game over Time Recoil. That said Telsa vs Lovecraft is probably their best DSS IMO and also has great controls.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing that there was a window of time that Xenowerk was free before the update to add the IAP. So some people may have gotten it completely free.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if that Taur tower defense game on PC will ever make its way to mobile, or at least iPad since it might require a larger screen. Seems like a mix of tower defense and base building in an RTS.

It looks fantastic, I just doubt I'd ever play it on PC. Seems like the controls would be very doable, and the graphics seems simple enough that it might work.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
League of Legends: Legends of Runeterra is available as a soft launched game in Singapore on Android:
play.google.com

Legends of Runeterra - Apps on Google Play

Collect cards, craft your deck, and duel in this skilled strategy card game.

And iOS:
apps.apple.com

‎Legends of Runeterra

‎In this strategy card game, skill defines your success—not luck. Mix and match iconic champions, allies, and regions of Runeterra to unlock unique card synergies and outplay your opponent. MASTER EVERY MOMENT Dynamic, alternating gameplay means you can always react and counter, but so can...

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Path to Mnemosyne:

TanHauntingAnura-size_restricted.gif

apps.apple.com

‎Path to Mnemosyne

‎¡Sumérgete en Path to Mnemosyne, una hipnótica aventura creada con un espectacular zoom infinito! Avanza a través del camino, explora tu mente y recupera los recuerdos perdidos resolviendo decenas de imaginativos rompecabezas. La misteriosa historia, la narrativa minimalista y los inquietantes ap…

play.google.com

Path to Mnemosyne - Apps on Google Play

Step into this hypnotic adventure on the quest for the lost memories.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Anima ARPG is finally out on iOS on 3/18. Quite popular Diablo-like on Android and looks like it's got fair IAPs. Looking forward to this one!

apps.apple.com

‎AnimA ARPG (Action RPG)

‎The best free offline/online RPG arrived on iOS devices! Anima is an action RPG (hack'n slash) videogame inspired by the greatest old school games and made with passion by RPG lovers for RPG lovers. Compared to other mobile ARPG, AnimA is highly dynamic and leaves the player the chance to...

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Anima ARPG is finally out on iOS on 3/18. Quite popular Diablo-like on Android and looks like it's got fair IAPs. Looking forward to this one!

apps.apple.com

‎AnimA ARPG (Action RPG)

‎The best free offline/online RPG arrived on iOS devices! Anima is an action RPG (hack'n slash) videogame inspired by the greatest old school games and made with passion by RPG lovers for RPG lovers. Compared to other mobile ARPG, AnimA is highly dynamic and leaves the player the chance to...

i was JUST looking for a looty destiny/diablo game to enjoy. looks fantastic

pretty crazy few weeks for games

ori and the will of the wisps
legends of runeterra
animal crossing

now this !

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Question for those that have used the Steam Link app: I have my Karoo streaming through my iPad but my latop display is still on as well? Is there a setting that lets the monitor only appear on the iPad? I tried the usual "only second screen" and "turn off monitor" options but they don't seem to work

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Question for those that have used the Steam Link app: I have my Karoo streaming through my iPad but my latop display is still on as well? Is there a setting that lets the monitor only appear on the iPad? I tried the usual "only second screen" and "turn off monitor" options but they don't seem to work

That's not a thing sadly from every app that I tried.

Forma.8 GO is free until april due to COVID-19:

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Was about to post that myself.
A great Metroidvania, a bit of slow start but mid-end game parts are awesome with many woah moments.
I completed it with touch controls with works perfectly with controllers too.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
New Apple Arcade title. A "bouncy dungeon crawler".

apps.apple.com

‎Roundguard

‎Roundguard is a bouncy dungeon crawler with pinball physics, lots of loot, and a randomized castle full of oddballs. Mobile Game of the Year nominee and many Best of Apple Arcade recommendations! If you love roguelikes & Peggle, then Roundguard is for you. Press your luck against hordes of danger…

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The new title (Roundguard) this week for Apple Arcade looks actually quite fun! It's out on Switch this week as well for $15 and it's "peggle meets a roguelike":

apps.apple.com

‎Roundguard

‎Roundguard is a bouncy dungeon crawler with pinball physics, lots of loot, and a randomized castle full of oddballs. Mobile Game of the Year nominee and many Best of Apple Arcade recommendations! If you love roguelikes & Peggle, then Roundguard is for you. Press your luck against hordes of danger…

Status
Not open for further replies.