• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Spyder is graphically the most impressive Apple Arcade title and it could also be for iOS entirely. The production values, textures and quality is really impressive. Gameplay wise the game tries a lot of different things and it's mostly good with some predictable but fun scenarios. The really problem is with the camera (with a controller) that automatically readjusts for every surface and the touch controls are barely functional.

Yeah, agreed on the controls. They need to let you turn off the auto camera. And use half the screen for movement and the other half for the camera. The two finger control of the camera is dumb. So many other games use the left / right controls for movement / camera. No reason I see to not do the same here.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Rogue Hearts, the great roguelike dungeon crawler, now has a standalone version that is free of IAPs and no internet-connection required:

apps.apple.com

‎Rogue Hearts - Standalone

‎! No in-app purchases ! Don't need an internet connection Welcome to this modern reinterpretation of a rogue-like dungeon crawler! You will need a strategy with self-judgment and control, a necessity in SRPG and tactical games. Break through challenges and trials by controlling the character...

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
No idea if it's any good, but Dig Deep! is free for a short time

apps.apple.com

‎Dig Deep!

‎Unleash your inner gaming beast with the original Dig Deep! The classic ad-free retro miner experience! Get ready to meet Roger - the galaxy's most famous miner with a killer 'stache and epic toupee! Join him and his squad on a treacherous mission into the depths of an ancient planet to...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Free for the first time!

apps.apple.com

‎Rolando: Royal Edition

‎9.5/10 – “Simply the best game you can get for the iPhone” – IGN Original Review 10/10 – “Unquestionably the best game on the iPhone” – Pocket Gamer Original Review The award-winning iPhone classic is back and better than ever! This brand-new ‘Royal Edition’ is a completely remastered Rolando...

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing Knighthood yesterday and enjoying it so far...

I have to vent about one of my mobile games' pet peeve tho...

It always annoys me that many mobile game will.only give you a on/off switch option for music and SFX instead of actual sliders... I can't imagine it's that more technically complicated to implement sliders instead of the switches... I like to listen to my music or podcasts will playing game but I don't necessarily want to mute the game completely!

I'm on Android for what it's worth.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Humor filled "100 endings" pixel adventure game Reventure is out on iOS for $3.99. Game got great reviews on PC and Switch.

apps.apple.com

‎Reventure

‎What would happen if I do...? Reventure is a 2D platformer game from Pixelatto Games that challenges your imagination by providing you tons of different items, stories and a huge world to explore during your adventure. Do your best for discovering the 100 endings at the same time you enjoy...

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Humor filled "100 endings" pixel adventure game Reventure is out on iOS for $3.99. Game got great reviews on PC and Switch.

apps.apple.com

‎Reventure

‎What would happen if I do...? Reventure is a 2D platformer game from Pixelatto Games that challenges your imagination by providing you tons of different items, stories and a huge world to explore during your adventure. Do your best for discovering the 100 endings at the same time you enjoy...
This looks fantastic! Yeah, steam reviews are nearly unanimous so I'll pick this up.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Finished WitchEye, a love letter to touch screen gaming, incredible game. Loved it

also finished Super Hydorah (the virus lockdown is doing wonders on my backlog), great shoot em up, unlocked all weapons and found some secrets, lots of cool bosses and a lot of variety. For a dollar (on sale), is a steal...

Now onto Dandara and keep at WonderBlade...

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2018
Currently free (normally $4.99). Got pretty good reviews on PC and Switch:

apps.apple.com

‎A Case of Distrust

‎Explore underground speakeasies, smoke-filled billiard halls, classic barber shops, and more. Catch suspects in lies by using evidence, statements, and your wits. Intrinsic challenges face our heroine, as she struggles against a pushback on emancipation, leading to many doubts, both internal...
Thanks! Almost picked this up on Switch a while back.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Oh :(

I confess that since GeForce Now my time on iOS is just boardgames and async games, but I guess I was hoping to find some FFWotL vibes....I even forgot I preordered it.

I'm dying to hear which cloud provider gets their app on iOS first. I have xCloud but 720p MCC gets pretty old.

What boardgames you been playing?

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm dying to hear which cloud provider gets their app on iOS first. I have xCloud but 720p MCC gets pretty old.

What boardgames you been playing?

I'm not confident we will see any cloud provider apps on iOS soon besides maybe xCloud (end of year probably, so not soon)....I wish.
I'm tempted to buy Witcher 3 on sale now on Steam but after 100 hours on Destiny 2 not sure I want to play a big story based game.
I'm playing a lot of Into the Breach (tough it still puzzles me why it's not on my iPhone natively) and Cuphead on the phone tough.
But now that I'm in full lockdown I'm playing one of my fav games ever (Deadnaut, a super niche game no one played).

Natively i'm playing constantly Shards of Infinity (since it was out, my favorite deck building game) and recently Bottom of the 9 which is great (only Handelabra game I didn't own and got it for free some days ago...I might like it even more than One Deck Dungeon despite not being a baseball fan).
But mostly Shards...like 2-3 games per day.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Snake Core:

apps.apple.com

‎Snake Core

‎+ Playable in Landscape AND Portrait mode! + Different control schemes (see Options menu) Snake Core is an Arcade game combining the gameplay mechanics of a classic Snake but twisting and turning the setting and variation into an inter-galactic war against an alien threat ! Command your army...

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Same here but don't expect much. This is supposed to be a reskin of gacha trash.

So I played it a bit.
It was going SO WELL, with multiple and solid FFT vibes...then I ended the tutorial and the 'town/main' screen appeared.
What a major let down....oozes free to play trash from every absurdly cluttered menu.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Frozen Synapse Prime maybe isn't terrible? Really wish Mode 17 would get the original Frozen Synapse running on iOS again.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I confess I never bought it because I bounced off hard against Frozen Synapse which I wasn't crazy about. (Also I sucked at it).

Among that list what I really wish is Banner Saga 3 finally coming to iOS, but devs don't seem really interested in it anymore (I ask them every X months).
Too bad because imho the franchise is at its best on touch devices.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
It's good that the Bloomberg article about Apple rejecting cloud gaming clients is being picked up by many media outlets.
'interesting' that Gameclub app was rejected 127 times (!!!) before being approved.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's good that the Bloomberg article about Apple rejecting cloud gaming clients is being picked up by many media outlets.
'interesting' that Gameclub app was rejected 127 times (!!!) before being approved.

Good - Apple should be roasted for it. Razer is making an Apple Cloud Gaming controller soon, xCloud is in iOS beta. It's coming, time to stop fuckin around

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Breach and Clear is another TBS that was revived by GameClub. Personally think that's better than Frozen Synapse. Or at least works better on mobile.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Finished Spyder! Was fun but definitely on the short side with six missions. Thankfully with Arcade, it'll get more content soon enough.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Missle Command: Recharged

apps.apple.com

‎Missile Command: Recharged

‎Missile Command: Recharged is a re-imagining of the beloved classic with fast-paced, arcade action where players must defend their bases by blasting an endless barrage of missiles hailing from the sky. Launch counter-missiles to protect your base and target powerups to gain an edge at critical...

play.google.com

Missile Command: Recharged - Apps on Google Play

Fire missiles to protect your bases! A classic arcade game's back and recharged!

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
Currently free (normally $4.99). Got pretty good reviews on PC and Switch:

apps.apple.com

‎A Case of Distrust

‎Explore underground speakeasies, smoke-filled billiard halls, classic barber shops, and more. Catch suspects in lies by using evidence, statements, and your wits. Intrinsic challenges face our heroine, as she struggles against a pushback on emancipation, leading to many doubts, both internal...

Many thanks for the heads up!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Hit PC JRPG Ara Fell, which has 95% positive reviews on Steam and also launching on Switch, Xbox One and PS4 today, is out on iOS for $4.99.

edit: this seems REALLY good but there's some weird issues going on with iPhone X. Screen has borders at times, none at others and some other weird video issues. But it's playable.

Also can tell it wasn't made for mobile using basically an overlay of a PS4 controller.

Hopefully they fix the video issues because you can tell there's a really high quality RPG here. Actually going to keep playing even with those issues. Still hope for a fix.
apps.apple.com

‎Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition

‎Ara Fell: Enhanced Edition is a 16-bit era Japanese-style RPG by Stegosoft Games. The new Enhanced Edition features a slew of upgrades, including a revamped battle system, new character classes and skills, new side quests, an overhauled UI, upgraded crafting system, new enchanting system...

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Almost exactly 6 months after launch...I wonder if this was written in their contract or if it is all just a big coincidence (lumping Exit the Gungeon here)

Don't think so, seen a lot of dev saying that they could go on any platform except Android right at launch. Wouldn't make sense and seems to be a priority thing but I could be wrong.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, think there is nothing to prevent Apple Arcade titles from other platforms except Android. Games like Roundguard launched on the same day as Apple Arcade on PC, Switch, Xbox One and PS4.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
A lot of devs said on Twitter (specially pointed out by Exit the Gungeon devs on an article i read about that) that the exclusivity thing was a 6 months contract for Apple Arcade first, the others, but never Android

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of devs said on Twitter (specially pointed out by Exit the Gungeon devs on an article i read about that) that the exclusivity thing was a 6 months contract for Apple Arcade first, the others, but never Android

Might have varied from contract to contract. There's been a bunch of games that launched at the same time on other platforms. Sayonara Wild Hearts, Bradwell Conspiracy, Roundguard, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.