• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
While EA's licence of the Tetris franchise is expiring, the company "N3twork" has just released a Tetris title that's free with an iAP to remove ads:

This version is based on Tetris Royale, the Tetris 999 clone that is still in soft launch. It's unclear if it will ever come out of soft launch or if the new one will be updated with a battle royale mode. As it stands, this is the best non bullshit version of Tetris on mobile.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Rogue Legacy has been updated completely to Metal and now is even better in every aspect...

Monomals is great but the tracks thing is killing me...

The Sword of Ditto... i need to start that, today im having a 3 hour break and i brought my DS4 to work :D

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Been a few months since I used Retroarch on my iPad. Just went to renew the license and I see there are issues with Cydia Impactor not working anymore. Does anyone follow this scene? Are there any other workarounds for non jail broken devices?

Also, someone here was taking about Dolphin for iOS a few months back. Any news on that?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Been a few months since I used Retroarch on my iPad. Just went to renew the license and I see there are issues with Cydia Impactor not working anymore. Does anyone follow this scene? Are there any other workarounds for non jail broken devices?

Also, someone here was taking about Dolphin for iOS a few months back. Any news on that?

DolphinIOS has indeed been available for a month and runs pretty much everything you'd expect including Wii games at decent speed with the latest devices.

Here's a link to the repo:

The app recently received a major update adding:
- Controller support
- Multiplayer support
- Better pointer support (for Wii) with touch

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
I've slowly been building up Play Store credit from the Google rewards app, any suggestions for good paid games on Android? Prefer stuff designed specifically for mobile rather than ports. Usable offline would be a bonus too! Holedown and Mini Metro are the only paid for games I've bought in a while.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
DolphinIOS has indeed been available for a month and runs pretty much everything you'd expect including Wii games at decent speed with the latest devices.

Here's a link to the repo:

The app recently received a major update adding:
- Controller support
- Multiplayer support
- Better pointer support (for Wii) with touch
Thanks for the response. Seems like you can't jailbreak a 2018 iPad Pro right now so it's a no go for me. Hopefully someone works out a way around it. I'd love to play OG Super Monkey Ball on my lunch at work!

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Out There Alliance has way much more new content than I was expecting.
It will take weeks!!!!
This is awesome.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does Apple insist on having a "new games this week" section in Apple arcade when games are added so infrequently. There are games that came out last year on there!

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I've slowly been building up Play Store credit from the Google rewards app, any suggestions for good paid games on Android? Prefer stuff designed specifically for mobile rather than ports. Usable offline would be a bonus too! Holedown and Mini Metro are the only paid for games I've bought in a while.
-Oddmar
-Leap Day
-Pocket City
-Alto's Odyssey
-Teen Titans GO Figure
-Void Tyrant
-Wayward Souls

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Why does Apple insist on having a "new games this week" section in Apple arcade when games are added so infrequently. There are games that came out last year on there!

While a lot of games came out at launch, the service now adds a game per week on Friday (with some rare exception). So they've been quite frequent recently and this seems to be the pace that they'll keep moving forward.

Sunbro83

Oct 27, 2017
Best game for around 99p/99c?

I have £1.28 left on a burner phone sim and can't think of anything else to spend it on!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Top mobile games from ResetEra's GOTY poll:

Best Mobile Games

1. Sayonara Wild Hearts = 190 points, 6 honorable mentions
2. SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions = 55 points, 3 honorable mentions
3. Grindstone = 16 points, 1 honorable mentions
4. What the Golf = 15 points, 0 honorable mentions
5. Gris = 12 points, 1 honorable mentions
6. eFootball PES 2020 = 8 points, 0 honorable mentions
7. Dota Underlords = 8 points, 0 honorable mentions
8. Whispers of a Machine = 7 points, 0 honorable mentions
9. Manifold Garden = 6 points, 1 honorable mentions
10. Teamfight Tactics = 6 points, 0 honorable mentions

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Well-deserved result for Grindstone and What the Golf. I installed Sayonara and watched the intro, then decided I wouldn't play until I bought a headphone adapter for my iPhone, which I still haven't gotten around to.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
For all the brick breaker fans here, saw that Drawkanoid will be coming to mobile sometime this year. Been playing it on Steam and it's just begging to be played on touch. The UI is already perfect, and it has that gotta-play-one-more speed and ease that the best mobile arcade games have

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I know its not new by any means, but playing Shadowgun Legends the last few days and I feel like I missed something big the last year. Not a fan of all the MTX stuff and the hub is a mess, but the gameplay is solid enough for a free game and in short bursts its a fun looter game.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I know its not new by any means, but playing Shadowgun Legends the last few days and I feel like I missed something big the last year. Not a fan of all the MTX stuff and the hub is a mess, but the gameplay is solid enough for a free game and in short bursts its a fun looter game.

FYI a PvP focused version called Shadowgun: War Games is coming February 12th.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
For all the brick breaker fans here, saw that Drawkanoid will be coming to mobile sometime this year. Been playing it on Steam and it's just begging to be played on touch. The UI is already perfect, and it has that gotta-play-one-more speed and ease that the best mobile arcade games have

looks awesome, i missed this sort of Canvas Curse mechanic. any rough ETA?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I have a few short flights tomorrow & this weekend.

What's going to keep me occupied? Probably won't use headphones, so immersion is not what I'm looking for.

What do you guys suggest for something compelling enough to play for a few hours? Grindstone?

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
For the JRPG fans here, Disgaea 1 Complete edition is up on iOS and Android for $32.99:

And there are some mobile exclusive features with it:

New Features for Smartphones

• Auto-Battle: Let the battle play out on its own! Not only can you leave the stages themselves up to auto-battle but also the Item World as well. With the Auto-Battle feature, you can leave the level grind up to the game.
  • Battle Speed Boost: Play through the game with between 1x and 8x the normal speed!
  • Cheat Shop: The popular Cheat Shop returns! Upping the amount of EXP and HL you receive post-battle, enemy strength, auto-heal– All these features and more can be tweaked in the Cheat Shop.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Might and Magic Chess Royale is out on the Play Store:
And no, that title isn't just XYZ Royale generic marketing. Its literally autochess with a 3 strike health system, similar to Tetris 99 in how you play against any random number of people. Its actually pretty cool to blend these two styles together, still super early with a low amount of units and synergy requirements, but I can see it becoming something super addictive to play when it leaves the prologue phase. Think of it like Underlords last summer.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018

that looks fantastic

Cookies Must Die looks great and is coming out next week.

the gameplay looks fantastic but I somehow don't dig the art style at all. I'll give it a spin tho

awp69

Oct 25, 2017

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I really like Out There, played awhile ago on Android and just recently picked it up again on iOS. I feel like I used to be OK but is there some rookie mistakes to avoid? I'm back to having issues maintaining fuel and hull and I only made it to about 7 stars last game.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I really like Out There, played awhile ago on Android and just recently picked it up again on iOS. I feel like I used to be OK but is there some rookie mistakes to avoid? I'm back to having issues maintaining fuel and hull and I only made it to about 7 stars last game.

I'm kinda obsessed with the game and the story.
I completed the game several times (all endings including gold, some endings even in hard mode which is no more now) but I have yet to complete the new ending (can't understand what to do at the cathedral).

Alliance version is easier than previous ones for various reasons (new useful items scattered at the start of the game, better elements balancing and the huge one...once you meet certain criteria you will unlock FOREVER new starting ships).

Be sure to check cemetery gates options (let you find old runs abandoned ships in your current run) and don't be shy to select easy mode (more elements and less damage) at the beginning (but you already played the game so YMMV).
Overall it's by far the best version (I'm no complaining it's easier...it's still a brutal game).

First things out of my mind:

1) your first priority is T-stasis and solar winds or anything that improves your engine (bot warp drive andplanets), so look forward Th, Fe.
2) Generally stop at every system and be sure to leave always with He,O and Fe.
3) Until you have your ship upgraded, don't risk ANY warp, you may end blocked on a system.
4) Hoard Omega every time you can talking with aliens and bringing aliens around.
5) Go for green first (easier ending). Then blue, red and finally gold. They added white but I still didn't complete it.
6) Green is straight forward, blue is pretty easy as well....red and gold require many upgrades and specific tech.
7) Specific tech is built with garden planets elements. Engine upgrades generally require just rock planets elements.

I probably forgot a lot but in case, just ask!!!

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Pitta Thanks for the advice. I don't think I ever actually beat the game on Android even. Maybe once since I do remember getting very far after finding a powerful ship to swap early in a run once. I might just try on easy, and I'll definitely try that Cemetery Gates option.

Do you generally always explore planets with breathable atmosphere and try to make contact? I typically like to just because learning more vocabulary and having weird alien conversations always feels cool. I almost always try to get the most out of random events while traveling too even though the rewards usually seem lackluster so far.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Pitta Thanks for the advice. I don't think I ever actually beat the game on Android even. Maybe once since I do remember getting very far after finding a powerful ship to swap early in a run once. I might just try on easy, and I'll definitely try that Cemetery Gates option.

Do you generally always explore planets with breathable atmosphere and try to make contact? I typically like to just because learning more vocabulary and having weird alien conversations always feels cool. I almost always try to get the most out of random events while traveling too even though the rewards usually seem lackluster so far.

I ALWAYS land on garden planets if I can....new vocabulary and omega are most important.
As soon as I have 20 Th (used for Tau Stasis which if you don't get it before you get at the start of the story, when you encounter the Monolith) I land on rocky planets just when I need Fe (always have 20-40) and on gas planets just for fuel (always have some before going to new systems).
I ALWAYS use drill and probe at 10 level, even if they brake up, to be sure to harvest everything.

Your first priority in this version is to unlock the big ships....so you can always start with them the new games...it's a HUGE advantage.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Are there any good PvP artillery games besides Worms on mobile? Doesn't matter if it's turn based or real time. Seems like the perfect platform for them.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Company of Heroes is coming February 13th to iPad for 13.99:

Nice, I've always wanted to play this, and I love RTS's on iPad.

I also want to buy it to boost the possibility of getting a Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2 port on iPad someday. That's pretty much my dream!
The well received Picross-like PicoQuest is coming to iOS on February 4th for a very low price:
Ooh, I can never get enough Picross.

Status
Not open for further replies.