• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's a massive update, lots of new stuff added, quality of life improvements, bug fixes, controller improvements, etc: https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-4-update-full-changelog/

I didn't want to start the game until it dropped since it had so many changes in it.

Thanks! Can't wait - seems like a great opportunity to finally dive in.

Where did you get your Razer Kishi from? I checked their website and it doesn't seem to be available to purchase yet (UK)?

EDIT - oh sorry, I misunderstood your post, you don't have one yet :)

Nope, just getting ahead of myself haha.

I use an xbox controller now, but the slight BT delay & the way it screws up AirPods is enough for me to need a hardwired controller solution.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
I hear you.
It's been 4 days since I'm playing absolutely flawlessly the campaign (almost completed the first one) plus occasional raids with friends(SO MUCH FUN) on both a 2008 MacBook (2 Gb ram, integrated graphics!!!!) and a Samsung S8 (graphics are unbelievable on the screen).
I still can't believe it works so well with my normal internet (120 down- 30 up, nothing crazy) both at home and in office.
The iOS client can't come soon enough tough.

For some reason Nvidia decided to build the servers in my backyard because I get all greens in the test with 12–15 ms lag (!!!!).

To be honest if I didn't know it was streaming I would have never guessed.
Yesterday I played hours before realizing my son was concurrently playing Fortnite AND watching YouTube.

I heard image gets washed on really high res screens....I'm playing on a 1080 screen (so natively) and whatever the Samsung res is (it's really amazing to look at) and it's glorious for me.

Speechless.
A real game changer.

It works well even with a 4mb connection internet (according to Steam). Very surprised. Trying to play Subnautica but it redirects me to Steam instead of Epic (where i got it for free) and i dont know what to do...have to find out

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
It works well even with a 4mb connection internet (according to Steam). Very surprised. Trying to play Subnautica but it redirects me to Steam instead of Epic (where i got it for free) and i dont know what to do...have to find out

You can't unfortunately.
The streaming war has begun, and publishers are scrambling to sell exclusive rights to different vendors/shops.
So the very same game is playable from Steam, but not from Epic.

If you search STEAM, or EPIC GAMES you can see a list of specific store/games (Epic has very few).
Same with Origin, Battle.net etc...

Steam...you can add STEAM in your library and you access to your Steam whole library....many games not listed are compatible nonetheless, so you can try from there.

As for the Epic store...I've read some people could access the Epic launcher from Fortnite but I couldn't'.

I hope they sort out all these things...but more important I hope they publish an iOS client ASAP.
Or the web version (which is their plan B I've read together with the Linux version).

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
You can't unfortunately.
The streaming war has begun, and publishers are scrambling to sell exclusive rights to different vendors/shops.
So the very same game is playable from Steam, but not from Epic.

If you search STEAM, or EPIC GAMES you can see a list of specific store/games (Epic has very few).
Same with Origin, Battle.net etc...

Steam...you can add STEAM in your library and you access to your Steam whole library....many games not listed are compatible nonetheless, so you can try from there.

As for the Epic store...I've read some people could access the Epic launcher from Fortnite but I couldn't'.

I hope they sort out all these things...but more important I hope they publish an iOS client ASAP.
Or the web version (which is their plan B I've read together with the Linux version).

Ah okkkk, so i have to buy Subnautica then, and soon since the sequel is in Early Access, hoping for a sale soon lol but in the meantime i will play Portal 2... and nice tip about the Steam search... and to think that one day we could play this GeForce NOW on iOS... please release it soon... cant wait already subscribed... my old laptop was making a lot of noise playing 3D games but now i can :D

one sad thing, there is no Ori and the Blind Forest there... hmmmm... my computer cant run that by itself...

also, next week free game on Epic is... Kingdom Come: Deliverance

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I looked at the GeForce Now page but just want a quick answer, this is different than Steam Link, right? The games aren't running on your own hardware, just streamed to whatever device from Nvidia's servers?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Any good recent Android games recommendations? Has to be playable on a standard pixel 3 screen (size wise).

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Got in the xCloud iOS Beta. Hopefully have time to check it out tonight. They are only starting it up with the Halo Collection but should be interesting!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
xCloud beta on iOS is pretty amazing. Played some Halo ODST single player and it has zero lag. Haven't tried multiplayer yet but very impressed!

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Book of Demons:
apps.apple.com

‎Book of Demons: Tablet Edition

‎***Accolades and Honors*** ***CEEGA 2019 Best Design*** ***Digital Dragons 2018 Best Polish Game Art*** ***Casual Connect Best Game Art 2016*** ***Indie DB Indie of The Year 2017 Top 10*** Tap & slash your way through the Archdemon's hordes in this atmospheric paper pop-up dungeon crawler...

Company of Heroes:
apps.apple.com

‎Company of Heroes

‎Company of Heroes is the critically acclaimed and enduringly popular World War II game that redefined real-time strategy with a compelling combination of fast-moving campaigns, dynamic combat environments, and advanced squad-based tactics. Command two crack companies of American soldiers and...

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Any other brickbreaker gems to check out besides Micro Breaker? Got back into Holedown over my morning commutes

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Wow I had no idea Book of Demons was coming to IPad. I have played the he'll out of it on PC, and this is a rare game that seems like it's a perfect match for touch controls.
I'm gonna buy it and report back impressions...

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Retro Bowl

retro-bowl-ios-android-featured.jpg

Play Store
App Store

I've been playing for for about a week now and it's great. Feels exactly like how a mobile version of Tecmo Super Bowl would play.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Wow I had no idea Book of Demons was coming to IPad. I have played the he'll out of it on PC, and this is a rare game that seems like it's a perfect match for touch controls.
I'm gonna buy it and report back impressions...

The port's great and the game's amazing. Go for it!

Edit:
Gorgeous and well received adventure game "Little Misfortune" by Killmondaygames is out now on iOS:
apps.apple.com

‎Little Misfortune

‎Little Misfortune is an interactive story, focused on exploration and characters, both sweet and dark, where your choices have consequences. Starring Misfortune Ramirez Hernandez, an imaginative 8-year-old, who seeks the prize of Eternal Happiness, as a gift to her Mommy. Led by her new friend, M…

Last edited:

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Book of Demons:
apps.apple.com

‎Book of Demons: Tablet Edition

‎***Accolades and Honors*** ***CEEGA 2019 Best Design*** ***Digital Dragons 2018 Best Polish Game Art*** ***Casual Connect Best Game Art 2016*** ***Indie DB Indie of The Year 2017 Top 10*** Tap & slash your way through the Archdemon's hordes in this atmospheric paper pop-up dungeon crawler...
I feel a little silly since I got this on sale for PC but never got around to it and might pick it up anyways on iPad. It just seems like it'd be great to play on that. Wish I could purchase on my phone and then download later on my iPad. I'm a little worried I'll forget and if I miss the launch discount I probably wouldn't bother until another sale.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I played an hour of Book of Demons and, just as I suspected, this game was MADE for touch controls.
I'm on a 3rd gen 12.9inch IPad Pro and it's runs flawlessly. The load times are super fast. It's the full PC game which is like a papercraft Diablo-like with a card system for abilities items and spells.
You can modify the levels and change their size and complexity, making them shorter or longer to complete and increasing rewards for bigger maps. You are descending underneath a cathedral layer by layer, down to hell. In between levels you can go back to town to replenish health and mana, upgrade cards, get lore from NPCs, purchase new card slots etc etc.
Music is really nice. Atmospheric and creepy. Reminds me of Diablo music. Also, I really think the old man "Sage" in town is the voice actor for Deckard Cain. He even says "Stay and listen for a while" or something really close to what he says in Diablo 2 lol.
If you like RPGs, loot, card systems, cool paper graphics, etc then this is the easiest recommendation ever at the ridiculous $4.99 price point.
It is IPad only though just FYI.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Y'all should try Kick-Flight. It's Gacha in the vein of Crash Royale, timed lootboxes for winning matches and mutliplayer only, but the gameply is interesting enough that I can see myself sinking time into it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Tried Xcloud out on my iPad Pro.

The lag felt better than when I tried it on my Android phone, but the video compressions was REALLY bad. Anytime I moved the quality went to crap.
But since I haven't had that issue on Android I'm sure it'll get ironed out soon.

I still think I'd rather wait for Halo to fully release on PC and just do in-home streaming to my iPad rather than do Xcloud, but if they can get the streamed video quality to stabilize then they might be able to change my mind.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like I was wrong! Crossy Road Castle should come out next week instead and we get "Loud House: Outta Control" this week:
9to5mac.com

These are the latest Apple Arcade games for iPhone and more - 9to5Mac

Apple Arcade launched with over 100 titles in September 2019 and more exclusive titles are being added weekly. Read on for the latest Apple Arcade games.

apps.apple.com

‎Loud House: Outta Control

‎Welcome to the Loud House! Are you ready to get OUTTA CONTROL?! Enter the chaotic world of Lincoln Loud and his sisters from the hit Nickelodeon series. COMPLETE TASKS Guide your favorite Loud characters to complete their objectives. Get Lincoln to his comic books and Lana to her mud p…

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Great little... well...blackjack dungeon crawler / roguelike! $1.99 to remove adds.

apps.apple.com

‎RogueJack: Roguelike BlackJack

‎Explore endless dungeons, discover monsters and beat them all in a game of 21. Collect weapons, defenses and the carcasses of your enemies while playing a fresh and interesting take on Blackjack. RogueJack is a blend of old school adventuring that utilizes Blackjack (or 21) as its battle...

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried out Halo 3 through xCloud Beta and it ran terrible on my iPad Pro 10.5. We have a good router (1.9 gbps) and internet (1.5 gbps), so I am not sure where the issue was. Perhaps the connection wasn't great, but this is the only time it has been an issue. Latency was high and movement was very noticeably delayed. Used my Xbox One S controller, wirelessly.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Tried out Halo 3 through xCloud Beta and it ran terrible on my iPad Pro 10.5. We have a good router (1.9 gbps) and internet (1.5 gbps), so I am not sure where the issue was. Perhaps the connection wasn't great, but this is the only time it has been an issue. Latency was high and movement was very noticeably delayed. Used my Xbox One S controller, wirelessly.

Weird. I played Halo ODST with a 200 mbps connection and it worked pretty much flawlessly on my iPhone X. Maybe there was some issues with xCloud itself when you played. Pretty impressed so far here.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird. I played Halo ODST with a 200 mbps connection and it worked pretty much flawlessly on my iPhone X. Maybe there was some issues with xCloud itself when you played. Pretty impressed so far here.

I am going to try it again, later. Hopefully, that is the reason.

On a side note, I'm really enjoying Book of Demons. Most of the gameplay runs pretty good, with only little transition stutters that are most noticeable in town. I had the beta and decided to buy the full game. $6.99 CAD ($4.99 USD) is a great price for the content.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

ping to azure data center is vital here, not speed

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I bought Company of Heroes for my iPad and I haven't played much of it yet, but it seems solid from the tutorial level I played.

Weirdly it suggests you go to YouTube to watch tutorials, but it does have playable tutorials, so I found it a little funny that it links directly to video tutorials.

It's definitely a bit complicated but so far it seems manageable.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Anyone else playing Book of Demons? I'm liking it but it feels a bit cramped on my iPad Pro 10''. I also read all the tutorials but still feel lost in combat sometimes, it can get very hectic. I might watch a quick YouTube tutorial just to help make sure I'm focusing on the right things. The production is higher than I expected, and I actually enjoy the voice over which isn't often the case for me in games.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else playing Book of Demons? I'm liking it but it feels a bit cramped on my iPad Pro 10''. I also read all the tutorials but still feel lost in combat sometimes, it can get very hectic. I might watch a quick YouTube tutorial just to help make sure I'm focusing on the right things. The production is higher than I expected, and I actually enjoy the voice over which isn't often the case for me in games.

I recommend playing in SUPERHOT mode at least on your first run. Helps you internalize the combat and manage things a lot more easily.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I recommend playing in SUPERHOT mode at least on your first run. Helps you internalize the combat and manage things a lot more easily.
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I've died once, but it doesn't seem like the run is over yet. You basically get as many attempts as you need on the normal difficulty? That was one of the tutorials that I didn't entirely understand.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Summer Catchers:

apps.apple.com

‎Summer Catchers

‎Embark on an epic road trip adventure of a lifetime in Summer Catchers. With your trusty wooden car you must travel to distant lands full of mystery, strange creatures and exciting races in your quest to finally experience summer. However the journey won't be easy. Driving through shadowy...

play.google.com

Summer Catchers - Apps on Google Play

A Mystical Driving Adventure

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I've died once, but it doesn't seem like the run is over yet. You basically get as many attempts as you need on the normal difficulty? That was one of the tutorials that I didn't entirely understand.

Yea, sorry. I didn't mean to make it sound like a run-based game. I meant your first playthrough, assuming you'd want to play as different characters after beating it once.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
Yea, sorry. I didn't mean to make it sound like a run-based game. I meant your first playthrough, assuming you'd want to play as different characters after beating it once.
I think I was just getting mixed messages from the game, specifically with how it described the different difficulties. I never really played Diablo either which seems like it's closest touchstone. I've got some time off coming up so I'll dig into the game more soon.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
For the crazy people who want to play 4 games at the same time:

Quadracade
apps.apple.com

‎Quadracade

‎In Quadracade, you have to play four games at once! With a collection of more than 30 game cartridges to collect (and more to come), you'll have to keep an eye on which games are being switched in and out to truly master the game. Watch out for powerups, which can help slow the game or...

play.google.com

Quadracade - Test Your Arcade - Apps on Google Play

Play 4 addictive arcade games at once. Perfect your multi-tasking skills to win!

Status
Not open for further replies.