• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Are the reviews in the App Store Astro turfing?

It definitely still happens. As a developer/publisher, we get "companies" offering bulk fake review services a couple of times a week, every week.

However, I don't think it is anywhere need the scale or prevalence of what it used to be. Apple and Google are slightly more savvy to it, and the stakes are higher if you are caught. I think the practise was probably peaking around 2012-2015 where the stores and underlying algorithms were more easily gamed and moderation/policing was limited.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Puzzle / platformer/ adventure port from Switch /PC. $2.99

apps.apple.com

‎Incredible Mandy

‎iPhone 5s and iPhone 6 doesn’t have enough ram to run this game, please using 6s or newer one. Email: [email protected] Twitter: @InMandyGame Incredible Mandy explores the memories of a brother and sister, buried deeply within their dreams; every dream represents an untold secret. Experience...

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely still happens. As a developer/publisher, we get "companies" offering bulk fake review services a couple of times a week, every week.

However, I don't think it is anywhere need the scale or prevalence of what it used to be. Apple and Google are slightly more savvy to it, and the stakes are higher if you are caught. I think the practise was probably peaking around 2012-2015 where the stores and underlying algorithms were more easily gamed and moderation/policing was limited.

That's interesting. Thanks for the insight

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
A premium pachinko game with no freemium nonsense. Almost a paradox when you think about it.

apps.apple.com

‎Pachoink!

‎Pachoink! The game boards provide the targets, but do you have the ball skills to take them all out? Some levels require precision, others good timing, some brute force, but more often than not it's a combination of all of these. Rise to the challenge and earn your stars! Features: -Intuitive...

play.google.com

Pachoink! - Apps on Google Play

The game boards provide the targets, but do you have the ball skills?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
The massive update to Stardew Valley, 1.4, is finally available on iOS with new end game activities, events, items and shops added:
apps.apple.com

‎Stardew Valley

‎Move to the countryside, and cultivate a new life in this award-winning open-ended farming RPG! With over 50+ hours of gameplay content and new Mobile-specific features, such as auto-save and multiple controls options. **Winner of the Golden Joysticks' Breakthrough Award** **Nominee of Game of...

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The massive update to Stardew Valley, 1.4, is finally available on iOS with new end game activities, events, items and shops added:
apps.apple.com

‎Stardew Valley

‎Move to the countryside, and cultivate a new life in this award-winning open-ended farming RPG! With over 50+ hours of gameplay content and new Mobile-specific features, such as auto-save and multiple controls options. **Winner of the Golden Joysticks' Breakthrough Award** **Nominee of Game of...
Finally! I've been waiting for ages for this update to start on iOS.

Adam15

Nov 7, 2017
Tulsa
apps.apple.com

‎Stardew Valley

Such a great game and update!

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Hey guys, this might be a question for parents but I just got a kids Fire HD 8 tablet for my 1yo son and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend some colorful games with easy minimal control input and clear feedback that I can play with him in short bursts. He gets so excited about pushing buttons, flipping switches, twisting knobs, and seeing things happen.

He knows how to turn my computer monitor on/off, and he'll turn on my phone and just start swiping things everywhere. Of course he's too young to just plop down in front of the tablet but I'd like to help him play some cool games if there are any he might have fun with.

sOba

Oct 28, 2017
Italy
Just bought a new android phone (xiaomi m9t), I'm looking for good roguelikes, puzzle games and just generally relaxing/quick titles. Been out of the loop for a while

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought a new android phone (xiaomi m9t), I'm looking for good roguelikes, puzzle games and just generally relaxing/quick titles. Been out of the loop for a while
-Void Tyrant
-Twinfold
-Dungeon Faster
-Runestone Keeper
-Starbeard
-You Must Build a Boat
-Icebreaker: A viking voyage
-inbento

luca

Oct 25, 2017
After the 1.4 update I've started up a new game of Stardew Valley. But I feel like I'm just hopelessly fishing to earn some coins. Again.

Thinking of buying Florence.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Book of Demons is on iPad now, and it feels and plays great. It's 50% off during the launch window ($5). Consider giving it a go. It's depth and polish are far beyond a $5 game. One thing I love about it is that you can choose the size of the dungeon you want to clear depending on the amount of time you have. Makes it perfect for iPad.
apps.apple.com

‎Book of Demons: Tablet Edition

‎***Accolades and Honors*** ***CEEGA 2019 Best Design*** ***Digital Dragons 2018 Best Polish Game Art*** ***Casual Connect Best Game Art 2016*** ***Indie DB Indie of The Year 2017 Top 10*** Tap & slash your way through the Archdemon's hordes in this atmospheric paper pop-up dungeon crawler...

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Had slipped past me last year, but I hadn't realized that Mindustry had a full-fledged mobile port
apps.apple.com

‎Mindustry

‎Mindustry is a factory-building game with tower defense and RTS elements. Create elaborate supply chains to feed ammo into your turrets, produce materials to use for building, and construct units. Command units to capture enemy bases, and expand your production. Defend your core from waves of...
play.google.com

Mindustry - Apps on Google Play

An open-ended factory management game with RTS and tower defense elements

It's Factorio- style large scale tower defense. On mobile. For only $0.99

1.png

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Had slipped past me last year, but I hadn't realized that Mindustry had a full-fledged mobile port
apps.apple.com

‎Mindustry

‎Mindustry is a factory-building game with tower defense and RTS elements. Create elaborate supply chains to feed ammo into your turrets, produce materials to use for building, and construct units. Command units to capture enemy bases, and expand your production. Defend your core from waves of...
play.google.com

Mindustry - Apps on Google Play

An open-ended factory management game with RTS and tower defense elements

It's Factorio- style large scale tower defense. On mobile. For only $0.99

1.png

Actually had bought that but had a difficult time with the controls. Really hard to select things and sometimes seemed unresponsive. Maybe it would be better on iPad.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
How about some 16bit dungeon crawlers and relaxing sims a la kairosoft, any suggestions in that department?
Dungelot: Shattered Lands, Card Crawl, and Cardinal Quest 2 are good dungeon crawlers.

Pocket City is a relaxing premium city builder.
Tiny Tower is a freemium builder but it's not too greedy.

Fiz : Brewery Management is a premium Beer managment game that I've heard is pretty chill and fun.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Action Beat-em-up from the devs of Dark Quest:

apps.apple.com

‎Story of a Gladiator

‎Story of a Gladiator is an arena beat 'em up where you take the role of a man in search of his destiny. Fight against waves of enemies in the arena to earn coin and fame until you are strong enough to enter the colosseum and become champion. • Learn combat skills and moves that will dazzle...

play.google.com

Story of a Gladiator - Apps on Google Play

Story of a Gladiator is an arena beat 'em up where you fight waves of enemies

Also, PvZ 3 has been officially soft-launched and......it's everything you've feared. Multiple currencies, energy system, and lootboxes.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Also, PvZ 3 has been officially soft-launched and......it's everything you've feared. Multiple currencies, energy system, and lootboxes.
Expected, but I'll still give it a shot.

PvZ 2 had a rough launch but they eventually turned it around with huge amounts of quality content updates.

The energy system is the only thing I'm worried about, but these days I play mobile games in small bursts, so energy systems haven't been much of a issue for me in a long time.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
It's a King F2P affair, but y'all should try out Knighthood. Great artstyle and some good gameplay with a very fair difficulty curve in the opening hours.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Their press page just says TBD for platforms. Most articles I found only say that as well. So fingers crossed!

Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon Press Kit | Yacht Club Games

Best Game Company Born of a Yacht

The dev twitter account yesterday retweeted the Sony PS official account stating it's coming to PS4 so I guess it's official, even if weirdly they don't write this anywhere else.

@PlayStation: Dig into a puzzling new adventure 💎 Shovel Knight Pocket Dungeon is coming to PS4. https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1232722686410919937/video/1

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix seems to be slowly updating its games to iPhone X support. Final Fantasy III was updated today (and now on sale for $6.99).

Really hope they get around to updating Chaos Rings III, one of my favorite JRPGs on mobile.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Crossy Road Castle is out on Apple Arcade.

apps.apple.com

‎Crossy Road Castle

‎Bring your friends and see how far you can get in this endless spinning tower of arcade fun! Keep climbing as high as you can. Every run is different. Highlights: Play Together: Designed for co-operative arcade platforming chaos. You can also play solo, but everything’s more fun with...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Crossy Road Castle is pretty fun even in single player. Obviously much different than the original as this is a platformer. Some cool layout design and boss fights.

Only small downside is that since levels are random the difficulty isn't consistent. But a small niggle in an otherwise addictive little game.

February Recap
OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
February Recap

PictoQuest
100x100bb.jpg

iOS /
Android

Cookies Must Die
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

CHARRUA SOCCER (Apple Arcade)
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Book Of Demons: Tablet Edition
100x100bb.jpg

iOS - (iPad Only)

Company of Heroes
100x100bb.jpg

iOS - (iPad Only)

RogueJack: Roguelike BlackJack
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Summer Catchers
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Quadracade
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Incredible Mandy
100x100bb.jpg

iOS

Story of a Gladiator
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Aces of the Luftwaffe Squadron
100x100bb.jpg

iOS / Android

Crossy Road Castle (Apple Arcade)
ZiG3tqB.jpg

iOS

Last edited:

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone wants a free copy of Book of Demons: Tablet Edition, I'm currently running a giveaway
twitter.com

Small Screen on Twitter

“Want a free copy of Book of Demons: Tablet Edition? Subscribe or share Small Screen with someone you know and reply with proof before March 13 https://t.co/YFZEsn0lq5”

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Apple/iOS question:

Is there a handy way to see what games are currently discounted on the app store, preferably with emailed price alert? Since the removal of the wishlist I've been using a Note with links to the store as a personal wishlist, but a) there's no alert, so I just check prices when I remember, b) clicking on a dozen+ links to the app store is a real drag and c) it doesn't contain everything I want anyways (no in-app purchases like the Civ VI DLC).

Removal of the wishlist was one of the shittiest things Apple did, especially when you look at how Valve push the value of wishlisting on Steam.

OP
OP
Saucycarpdog

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Apple/iOS question:

Is there a handy way to see what games are currently discounted on the app store, preferably with emailed price alert? Since the removal of the wishlist I've been using a Note with links to the store as a personal wishlist, but a) there's no alert, so I just check prices when I remember, b) clicking on a dozen+ links to the app store is a real drag and c) it doesn't contain everything I want anyways (no in-app purchases like the Civ VI DLC).

Removal of the wishlist was one of the shittiest things Apple did, especially when you look at how Valve push the value of wishlisting on Steam.
App Sliced will send you email alerts when a game/app goes on sale.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Castelvania SOTN iOS port in the AppStore.
Apparently it supports controllers as well.

apps.apple.com

‎Castlevania: SotN

‎Il più celebre gioco della serie di Castlevania arriva finalmente su mobile. Salta, scatta e combatti per farti largo attraverso il vasto castello di Dracula nei panni di Alucard in questo classico GDR d'azione e svela una storia avvincente con una vasta gamma di nemici unici e personaggi...

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Castelvania SOTN iOS port in the AppStore.
Apparently it supports controllers as well.

apps.apple.com

‎Castlevania: SotN

‎Il più celebre gioco della serie di Castlevania arriva finalmente su mobile. Salta, scatta e combatti per farti largo attraverso il vasto castello di Dracula nei panni di Alucard in questo classico GDR d'azione e svela una storia avvincente con una vasta gamma di nemici unici e personaggi...

Can I use just a regular ass Xbox one controller with my iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.