• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, Pathfinder Duel is unplayable on a iPhone X. A lot of the UI is outside the screen apparently (not only the notch, even the sides).
Not sure what's going on here.
They compiled in XCode without optimising. :)

I jest, but in some cases using the full screen estate of the X without accounting for the notch or the corners can be kind of automatic depending on the situation when compiling.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
They compiled in XCode without optimising. :)

I jest, but in some cases using the full screen estate of the X without accounting for the notch or the corners can be kind of automatic depending on the situation when compiling.

Yeah the dev just confirmed via a twitter message it's unplayable on the X. Lots of dialogues and button are outside the screen (right and left).
Bummer...not the best start on the iOS flagship phone.

Fortunately Talos Principle had me glued to the screen.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Honestly haven't played it much. I've been digging into Breath of the Wild recently so haven't done a whole lot of iOS gaming. Seems like a game you need to spend some time with to get a handle on too. I think it's a quality game — just not sure yet if it's for me. I've never been big on 4x games though, and didn't realize that's what it was when I bought it.

TLDR; I'm probably not the best person to judge.

I did the same. I saw "board game" in the title and loved that cutout look. So I grabbed Antihero before I realized the game is a 4x as I'm generally not a fan. Though a big reason I'm not a huge 4x fan is because they tend to be big time commitments, but Antihero is really a board game at heart with a 4x rule set. I'm on level 6 and I'm enjoying my time so far, but I'm also stuck on level 6. I can't seem to beat all 3 'gangs' before the opponent builds up his army and destroys every gang I build... I haven't touched multiplayer.

My early thoughts are the game is fun, but I'd probably recommend the game more for someone looking for a strategy board game than a 4x. Though it might serve as a nice gateway into 4x? Don't quote me on that though:)

Im going to get it. That will serve as the 4x/strategy/turn-based/board game im looking for. That, Chroma Squad and SteamWorld Heist have me covered for a while in that regard.

Thumper: Pocket Edition (rhythm) is next :)

To make full use of the iPhone X display apps need to be compiled using the latest XCode, that's the baseline. The rest varies depending on assets used in whatever game it is, if buttons need moving or adjustments for wider resolution is needed. But all that isn't required, Though your game may looks strange and unpolished (hi Civ Rev 2).

Thanks for the info :)