• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
The Lord of Khorne is, hands down, the best Warhammer Quest campaign ever (both 1 and 2).

My uber party just got massacrated at quest 5 or 6 (and previous ones weren't a piece of cake too).
Both the generic new enemies and the special ones are fantastic.
Again, ambushes makes a world of difference....can't wait to restart, new playthrough will be hard as nails.

Some pics I took, during a series of epic fights which weakened everyone till the final room, where I got massacrated.
Started fine with tight formation then it went downhill.
GLORIOUS.
0Y6LRVO.jpg

Y04ibrC.jpg

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, looks awesome.

But damn, everything drops at $4.99 these days... Really doing something to my wallet!

It's quite great :D I've been beta testing it and while I can't say much it starts a lot like the previous one but then adds a ton of layers on it. It also features an outstanding audio experience so headphones recommended !

Last edited:

Twenty Three

Oct 28, 2017
Just got back into iOS gaming after a day hungover in bed. Played Reigns. Good fun. Simple but funny. Perfect hangover game.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
What im really hyped about is Aegis Defenders... edit: answered on another thread

[Pre-Order] Alto's Odyssey by Snowman
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/altos-odyssey/id1182456409?mt=8
Expected release date: February 22nd.

Didnt really liked the first one so im not hyped at all. Lets see if this one grabs me, will wait for impressions

starts a lot like the previous one but then adds a ton of layers on it.

But is still as boring as the first one? Im probably the only person in the world that didnt like it, was very bland to me, no emotions while playing

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I need something more actiony.
I know Dandara just came out and everyone told me it's awesome but for some reason I'm still esitant.
I would love something a bit deeper story wise.

How is Icey in that regard? I know it's more of a brawler than a Metroidvania but looks cool.

While not my fav genre, I loved the brawler aspect in Dust.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I need something more actiony.
I know Dandara just came out and everyone told me it's awesome but for some reason I'm still esitant.
I would love something a bit deeper story wise.

How is Icey in that regard? I know it's more of a brawler than a Metroidvania but looks cool.

While not my fav genre, I loved the brawler aspect in Dust.

Icey is a fun game. Wouldn't say the story is great but the combat is really good, especially if you liked that aspect of Dust. It's also on sale right now for $1.99.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Would you say that ICEY is like a 2D version of NieR: Automata? Also, im suddenly interested in this as well. Does it have metroidvania?

Nah. It's not as good as Nier. It really is comparable to Dust in terms of combat. I personally think the combat is even better than Dust with some cool combos and a unique control scheme using swipes.

The story is tongue in cheek with a narrator who taunts you when you go the wrong way (which you should go the wrong way at times).

It's sort of Metroidvania. It's not really a platformer though. Just different branching paths. More of an action game.

Well worth $2. That's for sure.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.
Do you prefer Icey or Dandara?

They're two completely different games. I think Dandara is a better, longer and more challenging game overall but they're hard to compare.

Still think it would be crazy to not get Icey for $2. It's really good.

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Nah. It's not as good as Nier. It really is comparable to Dust in terms of combat. I personally think the combat is even better than Dust with some cool combos and a unique control scheme using swipes.

The story is tongue in cheek with a narrator who taunts you when you go the wrong way (which you should go the wrong way at times).

It's sort of Metroidvania. It's not really a platformer though. Just different branching paths. More of an action game.

Well worth $2. That's for sure.

I see is out for iOS and PS4 and will wait for a sale on the latter or something... right edit: now im really enjoying Aegis Defenders

Last edited:

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
The Lord of Khorne is, hands down, the best Warhammer Quest campaign ever (both 1 and 2).

My uber party just got massacrated at quest 5 or 6 (and previous ones weren't a piece of cake too).
Both the generic new enemies and the special ones are fantastic.
Again, ambushes makes a world of difference....can't wait to restart, new playthrough will be hard as nails.

Some pics I took, during a series of epic fights which weakened everyone till the final room, where I got massacrated.
Started fine with tight formation then it went downhill.
GLORIOUS.

Please don't put quote brackets when posting images, the site resizes them automatically and with quote they get huge when you cluck on them, also there's a bug that doesn't show the pics on (some) mobile browsers. :)

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Please don't put quote brackets when posting images, the site resizes them automatically and with quote they get huge when you cluck on them, also there's a bug that doesn't show the pics on (some) mobile browsers. :)

I see, edited.
Actually without the quotes I now see them huge tough (at least they are same with of the browser).
Thanks anyway....probably it was something I remembered from NeoGAF!!!

I'll take the chance to remind everyone that Warhammer Quest 2 2.0 is glorious :P

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I see, edited.
Actually without the quotes I now see them huge tough (at least they are same with of the browser).
Thanks anyway....probably it was something I remembered from NeoGAF!!!

I'll take the chance to remind everyone that Warhammer Quest 2 2.0 is glorious :P

Is the new campaign $9.99? I'll pick it up someday but don't want to spend the cash right now.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
True Legacy hasn't lived up to expectations. For one, the text orientation aspect feels completely arbitrary, just there as a gimmick, compared to Device 6 where the text mirrored the descriptions of the locations. The puzzles are basic, the prose is average. The best parts have been the illustrations and the world-building

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
My wife finished The Room: Old Sins last night. She loved it! Places it up there with 2 as the best of the series. (She said she has to think more to decide which is her favorite now).

She was pretty down on 3 and its too open nature, and isn't so into the storytelling, so she was pleased to see a return to form. Took her something like 8 hours 16 minutes to finish.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
What is the general consensus about Meganoid 2017, which is on sale right now and for some reason in my wishlist?

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Bought Tumbleseed for PS4 and... is a game that should play better on iOS without doubt. The Scuf plays better than a regular DualShock thats for sure but controlling it with both thumbs would be the ideal way. Would be the perfect way to balance that seed and escalating the mountain to plant atop of it a fullfill the legend. Dont know why it was never released for iOS as it was originally stated for touch controls... shame since Tumbleseed has so much charm and plays so challenging. Has a ton of different seeds that plays differently from each other, adding tons of depth and variation into the gameplay, like missilesprount that fires rockets or plantseed that saves checkpoints, they are so easy to swap. The game is full of personality and attention to details that has instantly become a favorite of mine. Would love to see it on iOS one day

Yeah, the bundle is $2.99 and since already have the first one, Her Majesty was free!

Guess they don't have them on sale individually like Google Play.

That is a sweet deal

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Been on a platformer binge lately:

Celeste - Xbox One
Iconoclasts - PS4
Dandara - iOS

And yesterday added Hallow Knight after finding my TV's Steam Link is working much better.

Still hoping to hear when Night in the Woods will get its iOS release.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
^ Completed Iconoclasts yesterday and wow im hugely impressed by it. One of the best platformers in recent years. Hoping it comes to iOS someday so people here can enjoy it and anyone looking for a different kind of platformer, one full of ideas, should pick it up immediately

I hope Nicalis brings End is Nigh and Cave Story + to iOS and PS4/XO someday

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Iconoclasts could probably work on iOS. Celeste would not. Just too much precision involved.

From what I've played of Hallow Knight, it probably could work as well but not sure if that changes further in the game. Controls are pretty floaty but getting used to them.

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Decent platformer with good controls but the RNG and procedural generation can be frustrating and make some deaths feel cheap and unearned.

Thanks.
I actually bought it soon after I asked (it's just 1 dollar) and I have to say I actually quite like it.
It's brutal and I wasted 10 mins moving the controls (who thought it was a good idea to swap X and A???) but after a while they were second nature.
Made it to second world (played 1 hour straight).
Loving the various gear, there are a ton!!!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks.
I actually bought it soon after I asked (it's just 1 dollar) and I have to say I actually quite like it.
It's brutal and I wasted 10 mins moving the controls (who thought it was a good idea to swap X and A???) but after a while they were second nature.
Made it to second world (played 1 hour straight).
Loving the various gear, there are a ton!!!

Meant to reply earlier. Haven't played it In a while but like it as well. Definitely like it better than their newest game, Ashworld, which seems half-baked.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
^ Enjoy!

And think about Iconoclasts for iOS, i think it could work well. Platforming is not that demanding like Celeste and it sorts of auto aims when shooting so the player just have to figure things out and move, swap weapons. It could work

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me it is still 2,50€, probably because I bought Reigns in sale for 1€ back in the day.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Florence was a cute little story. I liked it! I've also been playing a bit of PUBG on mobile and it.s actually pretty darn great even compared to the PC version on my more than capable machine. Out of 6 matches I've won twice so far and that's on chinese servers!

Last edited:

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florence was a cute little story. I liked it! I've also been playing a bit of PUBG on mobile and it.s actually pretty darn great even compared to the PC version on my more than capable machine. Out of 6 matches I've won twice so far and that's on chinese servers!
Does it really have no happy end? The description read like it. When I showed the game to my girlfriend she really liked the idea but was bummed about the fact that the two would grow apart haha

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Fortnite > PUBG

Fe preloading (PS4 dont get too excited)

Reigns: Her Majesty lasted 5 minutes installed. Very sexist in my opinion. Kings deals with wars and Queens... with little cousins and dresses? Lol

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite > PUBG

Fe preloading (PS4 dont get too excited)

Reigns: Her Majesty lasted 5 minutes installed. Very sexist in my opinion. Kings deals with wars and Queens... with little cousins and dresses? Lol

I don't know I played both Fortnite and PUBG on my Xbox One X and enjoyed PUBG more even with all the early release bugs. It just feels different than any other shooter I've played. Not a huge player but think it's pretty cool.

Last edited: