• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Saw that and it looks great but saw it has IAPs up to $50 so not sure about it.

Yeah, saw the IAPs too. Not sure what those are yet, but if it's just minor and the game is fun then I won't mind. Will take one for the team if it gets available here. Unless someone manages to try it out before me. :)

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, lets see some impressions

Only played for a few minutes but it's gorgeous - music, graphics and lighting. It's definitely more of the same, however. So if you didn't like the first game, I'm not sure you'd like this one.

I was actually like you and didn't think Alto's Adventure was all that when I first got it. But the more I played it, the more I enjoyed it. These games aren't as crazy as Ski Safari. It's more serene and relaxing IMO but still has the challenge to make you want to keep on going.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I'll have to pick up Evoland 2. Apparently a big improvement on the first game, which I thought was pretty good as well. Remember the devs saying this one would never come out on mobile. And here we are... :)

Expensive week or two with Alto's Adventure, Evoland 2 and Temple of Spikes. Really, really looking forward to the later. Hope those controls are good as it has the potential to be phenomenal.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Only played for a few minutes but it's gorgeous - music, graphics and lighting. It's definitely more of the same, however. So if you didn't like the first game, I'm not sure you'd like this one.

I was actually like you and didn't think Alto's Adventure was all that when I first got it. But the more I played it, the more I enjoyed it. These games aren't as crazy as Ski Safari. It's more serene and relaxing IMO but still has the challenge to make you want to keep on going.

Ok i dont have any expectations and but lowered them somehow lol

I tried many times to like the first one but no, never really liked it

I will get it and if i dont like it... cancel purchase xD

Last edited:

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Selfie Poker, a very nice solitaire poker game, was updated and removed all F2P stuff. So no ads, no IAP, no nothing. For FREE. Another great completely free games joins the rooster. :)

Also, been playing 1000000. strange game and surprisingly hard. Not sure if I like the hectic live system.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
For 1 dollar you get the full game complete with a campaign and a story ending.
It's a no brainer really.
If you like what you see, you are in luck because (as dlc) you can buy 2 additional regions complete with 2 new story campaigns and a final ending (the 3 campaigns are connected).
Highly recommended are the additional tile sets and monsters (skeletons and vampires) that adds to the game variability.
Last, you can find new 'classes' to be bought, with special items and skills....buy those only if you are interested in using them (personally I have all of them but the starting characters are still my favorite).

Single campaign is around 10 hours, playing the 3 campaigns are around 50-100 hours.
My fastest play through is 43 hours in hardcore.

It's a wonderful adaptation of a great boardgame that borders the light RPG genre, I played over 500 hours I guess (but I love the boardgame too).

Hardcore is the only way to play the game imho (permadeath, but you really appreciate the various skills...normal is a bit too easy imho and therefore boring).

The sequel (Warhammer Quest 2) is out already on iOS and in the works for Android.
It had a rocky start due to a nasty crash bug that resurfaced in the final version but the devs are constantly working on it (we have already 2 new campaigns and several additional characters).
I'm loving the game as well, especially last Khorne campaign.

I guess for 1 dollar you really can't go wrong, and even with the starting characters and initial campaign you have an almost infinite number of (random generated) dungeons to explore.

Okay I grabbed it for the buck. What is a buck anyways? Let's see how it plays on my Note8

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Dissembler by the creator of Boson X is out:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dissembler/id1293516048?mt=8

I'm starting to hope that Apple updates the iPad Mini this year.
My dream would be that sized device, but reduce the bezels as much as possible so the screen size is as large as possible, but the body is still smallish and light weight. Throw in 120hz display of the iPad Pro and Apple Pen support (they'd probably leave that for a Pro version though).

I like my iPad Mini 2 a lot, and it holds up surprisingly well for most games, but I'd definitely like the screen size slightly bigger (but maybe not all the way to full sized iPad), and to have a hardware boost to play recent stuff like Civilization.

You could get your wish soon:
https://www.macrumors.com/2018/02/21/ipad-certifications-eurasia/

Although I do believe that Apple will not continue with the mini line.

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Monster Hunter World + friends to play with has ruined my free time, productivity, sleep routine, and all the games i gotten (Celeste, Aegis Defenders, SteamWorld Dig 2, Fe,..). Damn that is a good game, so addicting

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Monster Hunter World + friends to play with has ruined my free time, productivity, sleep routine, and all the games i gotten (Celeste, Aegis Defenders, SteamWorld Dig 2, Fe,..). Damn that is a good game, so addicting

Ahahaha, so true! I am in the same boat... ;)

That said, I just stopped for the night and gave Alto's Odyssey a quick run and yeah it's more of the same but definitely still fun and gorgeous.

Kinda sad there seem to be no llamas to chase though.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Ahahaha, so true! I am in the same boat... ;)

That wonderful farmers dreamboat

DWkmJ4FW4AE2d_t

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
At some point i realized i was playing an episodic game and im not really a fan of that so i decided to wait. I have other things to do anyways, many other games to play that are "full"... so i wait for it to be complete. I can do it. I have force of will

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
At some point i realized i was playing an episodic game and im not really a fan of that so i decided to wait. I have other things to do anyways, many other games to play that are "full"... so i wait for it to be complete. I can do it. I have force of will

It's not so much episodic as not released yet, hence why it's still in beta form! While I do believe that they want to update it with even more content after launch, I also think that they'll have an "ending" is the final version.

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
So any suggestions on IAP's for this game? There are so many. I would think the items, although nice are not really worth it. Do the IAPs ever go on sale (Android)?

You can forget about items, you will find WAY better ones by playing.
I would say....play a bit...you can play all the first campaign and see if you like the game....you will lose nothing.
If you do, imho, mandatory are the two additional regions/campaigns, each one with new monsters, quests, items, etc....
The Vampire and skeleton tiles add variability to the white quests, with new tiles and enemies; beware, they are pretty difficult so you may want to buy them when you are done with the first campaign (but I highly recommend them as well, especially if you like the game and want to play it for hours and hours looking for specific loot).

Other than that...only the extra characters (think miniatures) remain....just buy the ones that you think you can like, if any, each one comes with their own skills and items.
You can happily play for ages just with the four starters characters....it's up to you really.

It mimics the boardgame....you bought the base box...then extra adventures/tiles....then extra characters/enemies minis.

You will notice there is a gold iap as well. Forget about that, by the end of the campaign you will sit on a pile of gold and nowhere to spend it.
And yes....you can (and you will) be robbed in game (those are original events in the boardgame too).

Can't answer about the sale thing, as I'm not an Android user....actually I don't know if they ever were on sale on iOS too tbh.

PRO TIP: after you learnt about the game and played a bit, I guess on normal....be brave and start a new hardcore game, where every inventory slot and skill matters.
Especially after 5 black orcs ambushes in a row :D

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
Warbands Bushido, a boardgame miniature style war game, has been released on Android. Unlike the iOS release, this one's free on Android!

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How do games play on Apple TV ? Something like the latest Alto's for example. Does it use the remote as a controller?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
How do games play on Apple TV ? Something like the latest Alto's for example. Does it use the remote as a controller?

Yeah, most games you can use the remote as a controller but some require the use of an actual controller.

The top half of the remote has a touch pad that also can be pressed. Alto's Odyssey uses it for jumps and flips.

Other games repurpose the remote's other buttons as buttons used like a controller. It also has motion controls that are used in some flight games like Galaxy on Fire: Manicore.

The remote isn't ideal all the time. Some games work better than others. Many work better with a controller itself. I have a cheap Stratus XL.

I'm having fun with it. Won't replace my consoles anytime soon but nice to play some iOS games on the big screen.

My main use will be for 4K movies from iTunes.

Last edited:

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, most games you can use the remote as a controller but some require the use of an actual controller.

The top half of the remote has a touch pad that also can be pressed. Alto's Odyssey uses it for jumps and flips.

Other games repurpose the remote's other buttons as buttons used like a controller. It also has motion controls that are used in some flight games like Galaxy on Fire: Manicore.

The remote isn't ideal all the time. Some games work better than others. Many work better with a controller itself. I have a cheap Stratus XL.

I'm having fun with it. Won't replace my consoles anytime soon but nice to play some iOS games on the big screen.

May main use will be for 4K movies from iTunes.
Thanks! That is my main use too but the idea of some of these games on a big screen was intriguing. Remote doesn't sound ideal however.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Bought Warbands:Bushido 3 hours ago and they passed like the blink of an eye.

It's basically Shadespire in Japan if you are familiar with the boardgame.
It's really gorgeous too.
It is a bit daunting at first because basically nothing is really explained but after a bit of single player campaign you will fight like a pro.
It really put your brain at work...with flank, sudden cards, retreats etc.
So far loving it, seems there is a MASSIVE amount of content too, everything is unlockable via in game gold (no iaps) and there are quite a bit of things between campaigns, miniatures and cards.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! That is my main use too but the idea of some of these games on a big screen was intriguing. Remote doesn't sound ideal however.

So you have one already? I'd definitely say give it a try with the remote, especially for something like Alto's Odyssey.

In the long run, a controller is a worthy purchase though.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Previously only available in Japan, HAL's first entry into mobile gaming. With the usual cute look.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Looks quirky and neat. Have you tried it yet?

I've played it when it released in Japan last year and it's a fun, original game that's also simple and cute. The basic idea is that you're given some objects that you need to grab and stack. It features plenty of additional objectives to make things a bit harder. It's not the most complex game ever and it's certainly quite Japanese but that's exactly what I liked about it.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Asphalt 9 soft launched today in Philipipnes. It looks and plays amazing.

I loved Asphalt 8 when it first launched or even a year or so later but it really went whole hog with the freemium thing. Way too many currencies, boosts, etc.

That said the racing is second to none on iOS. Sense of speed and spot on controls. I'll have to give A9 a shot.

Do you need a VPN to play the soft launch?

FerranMG

Oct 29, 2017
I loved Asphalt 8 when it first launched or even a year or so later but it really went whole hog with the freemium thing. Way too many currencies, boosts, etc.

That said the racing is second to none on iOS. Sense of speed and spot on controls. I'll have to give A9 a shot.

Game plays brilliant.
You do need a VPN to play, yes.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017

Seems that way. I just tried to fire it up and got this:
DW-gEN_XUAAQK83.jpg:large

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Altos Odyssey is... the same as the first game. I know you guys told me but i wanted to experience it myself. Actually, is worse than the first one: no llamas, music is non existent, the snow theme was better, i dont know why the globes are there, the sand theme is bad,... Apple feels a refund coming their way

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Used a VPN to check out Asphalt 9 and the racing is good (after you turn off the automatic steering). But the races themselves are way too short. And combined with energy meters that only let you play six races and you feel like you've only played like two races.

Disappointing in the race length in particular. Not sure if they get longer as you get further.