• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I found the best of both worlds.
Used this link to add apps to AppZapp wishlist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/workflow/comments/3ftdrj/workflow_open_in_appzapp/

Thanks so much Oynox for the brilliant idea!!!
Jep, I used that one in the past as well, although there already were some apps in the past who supported that natively.

But the AppShopper one is so much more useful to me due to the ability to add many apps at the same time. Not sure what went wrong with your Workflow though. You do not need the Appshoppper app, just an account on their website. It is important that you set up the workflow correctly, add the correct username (not email), password, country code and App Store region. Than it should work. If not, maybe explain a bit more in detail what problem you are running into.

It is worth mentioning though that the whole process depends on the database of Appshopper.com (which probably depends on some kind of Apple API) and thus some very new apps may not be added to your list.

One thing I still miss from my very first price tracking app (which went to the garbage this year due to terrible updates) is the ability to watch IAP purchases as well as whole developer libraries and get notified if they release something new. But I guess I will never see that again because it seems not lucrative at all to build such app due to Apple's guidelines.

Last edited:

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Having a good laptop and desktop,I decided to buy a midrange tablet, mainly for reading comics, watch some movies and play some games. Bought a Lenovo Tab 4 10 Plus.
I was dissapointed to see that if you format a card as internal storage it becomes encrypted and you are unable to transfer media files to the SD card. You are limited to the device disk space. You have to partition the card and install custom firmware for root access to reserve space for both internal storage and media. Even so when apps update, they return to the phone storage everytime. Even worse than consoles.

So I had to resort to emulation, since it allows to store ROMs in the card. Besides, most Google Play games are online card games, also available on PC. Shadowverse was 30 fps. Tried PSP emulator. Games run fine with autoframeskip. Will also test Retroarch. Those touch controls seem impossible to master for action games.

I bought it mainly for Books, Comics and movies. It is a pleasure to read while on bed or traveling.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Jep, I used that one in the past as well, although there already were some apps in the past who supported that natively.

But the AppShopper one is so much more useful to me due to the ability to add many apps at the same time. Not sure what went wrong with your Workflow though. You do not need the Appshoppper app, just an account on their website. It is important that you set up the workflow correctly, add the correct username (not email), password, country code and App Store region. Than it should work. If not, maybe explain a bit more in detail what problem you are running into.

It is worth mentioning though that the whole process depends on the database of Appshopper.com (which probably depends on some kind of Apple API) and thus some very new apps may not be added to your list.

One thing I still miss from my very first price tracking app (which went to the garbage this year due to terrible updates) is the ability to watch IAP purchases as well as whole developer libraries and get notified if they release something new. But I guess I will never see that again because it seems not lucrative at all to build such app due to Apple's guidelines.

Which workflow are you using for Appshopper? I've probably made something wrong, the one I found just loaded endlessly a webpage.

I like appshopper website much more, but while it lets me force country specific currency it doesn't let me specify the country.
AppZapp let do this...it's a moot point for USA but it's crucial for Europe, where for example sales kick in hours earlier.

Anyway, being able to add to whichever wishlist right from the AppStore is a huge plus, so thanks again.

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Baldur's Gate is on sale for $5, as well as Icewind Dale which I bought. Any chance the classic Fallout games will be ported to iOS in the future?

Also, were the Shadowrun games ever on iOS? I played the first one for a bit when I was on Android and it was one of the first games I looked for when I got an iPad last month and was surprised it wasn't on the App Store.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Baldur's Gate is on sale for $5, as well as Icewind Dale which I bought. Any chance the classic Fallout games will be ported to iOS in the future?

Also, were the Shadowrun games ever on iOS? I played the first one for a bit when I was on Android and it was one of the first games I looked for when I got an iPad last month and was surprised it wasn't on the App Store.

They were but they've been taken down.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which workflow are you using for Appshopper? I've probably made something wrong, the one I found just loaded endlessly a webpage.
This one:
https://workflow.is/workflows/c505f70d1e3e4261a592d1fe60a4b1da

Just tap "Get Workflow" and then you have to enter your appshopper.com username; password, two letter country code and your App Store region three times. Then you can run it from the share button within the App Store do directly add apps or create a widget on the homescreen which brings up the search immediatly.

But if AppZapp still works fine for you I can understand prefer to use it.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
This one:
https://workflow.is/workflows/c505f70d1e3e4261a592d1fe60a4b1da

Just tap "Get Workflow" and then you have to enter your appshopper.com username; password, two letter country code and your App Store region three times. Then you can run it from the share button within the App Store do directly add apps or create a widget on the homescreen which brings up the search immediatly.

But if AppZapp still works fine for you I can understand prefer to use it.

Thanks this works great, even if a bit slow for some reason.
I'll keep both....you never know.
Thanks again!!!

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks this works great, even if a bit slow for some reason.
Jep it is a bit slow indeed.
But still faster than searching for Apps in AppZapp. The AppZapp workflow is of course faster. But you can't add multiple apps as quickly :p

Also, I believe AppZapp is dead as well. As long it is working for you and other it's fine, but I only got notifications irregularly, tried to contact the developer (even the publisher behind it) and never received an answer. Their website was not updated for years too. I don't believe that they will ever update the app again :(

Nonetheless I am always amazed how some developers constantly manage to sneak by Apple's controls. There is even one app which let's you watch iTunes content (music, films) but requires a subscription model and it does just fine at the moment.

Anyways, back to the games of March, I guess.

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Chuchel, the latest game from Amanita Design (Machinarium, Botanicula, Samorost), is another home run and I'm not sure I'll be able to wait for it on iOS this time. Even though it's surely even better with touch...

Last edited:

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read Only Memories: Type M a mobile port of the back in 2014 kickstarted game 2064: Read Only Memories is available now. Free to try, $6 to unlock the rest of the game. It is a cyberpunk thriller heavily inspired by Snatcher which on the other hand was inspired by Blade Runner as well. I noticed Read Only Memories last year when the Blade Runner 2049 hype was big and people were asking for games with similar feel.

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
Read Only Memories: Type M a mobile port of the back in 2014 kickstarted game 2064: Read Only Memories is available now. Free to try, $6 to unlock the rest of the game. It is a cyberpunk thriller heavily inspired by Snatcher which on the other hand was inspired by Blade Runner as well. I noticed Read Only Memories last year when the Blade Runner 2049 hype was big and people were asking for games with similar feel.

I was so hyped for this until I tried to download it and was told I needed iOS 11. Fuck that.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Darkest Dungeon DLC update should activate today.

Game is on sale for $1.

One. Fucking. Dollar.

Last edited: