• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure Iconoclast will come to iOS. Is a one man army game and its not even out on Switch yet. And has too many controls and actions to work properly, even has multiple characters during boss fights. Seems way to complex, like Super Fancy Pants Adventure... and that is sort of a mess to control

I think he was referring to Celeste.

And, wow, Destructoid also gave it a perfect score. Getting it tonight.

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
I think he was referring to Celeste.

I have no clue how that works yet... tomorrow... but watching trailers seems that you need a lot of accuracy in timing your jumps and dashing. Doesnt seem easy at all. But i would be good for iOS to have it for sure. Good to see you enjoying Iconoclast, is a bit easy but is finely crafted, so good.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Don't want to keep off topic but wow is Celeste good. And what a soundtrack. Early GoTY contender?

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
Is Celeste out yet? I can't find it @ the spanish App Store but it's available on Nintendo Switch so I'm tempted to buy it for it instead iOS if it isn't available yet :___

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Is Celeste out yet? I can't find it @ the spanish App Store but it's available on Nintendo Switch so I'm tempted to buy it for it instead iOS if it isn't available yet :___

No is not. Is not on iOS and there is and is a possibility that never will be. Is just some out of topic conversation about really good games from other platforms that we had from time to time

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Bummed about these Meteorfall impressions, I was looking forward to that one and the art is nice. Maybe I'll check it out when it inevitably goes on sale next month.

I think Meteorfall is perfect. It doesn't need more progression that it has. It has just enough to teach you how to use each character, and then becomes a score chaser. Nothing wrong with that.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if there are any LCGs (Living card games) available on either iOS or Android? I've been into Arkham Horror and would love to see something similar on mobile.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Does anyone know if there are any LCGs (Living card games) available on either iOS or Android? I've been into Arkham Horror and would love to see something similar on mobile.

FFG is publishing Lord of the Rings LCG digital this year.
Soon (like in a month) the Early Access will start on Steam. The iOS version is coming later this year.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/509580/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_Living_Card_Game/

On the FFG Interactive twitch channel you can watch many gameplay videos...it looks fantastic and well capture the game (there are some differences, the man behind the card game is behind this digital version as well).
Don't be fooled by the Heartsone look...only thing the game haves in common is the egg shaped portraits.
Hopefully it will be very successful and in some years Netrunner, Star Wars and Arkham will get a digital treatment as well.

Personally I can't wait.

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
This is pretty cool, thanks for the link Pitta. Could never get past the art in Dream Quest and I really love the style in NOTFM.

I can confirm it's basically Dream Quest on steroids, with proper (dare I say great) graphics, sounds, voices (!!!) and triple A polish.
Can't stop playing....there is even a proper story with branching paths (or better...choices while you move from region to region).
Proper iPhone X support and very light on battery too.

Can't believe I missed it when it was first out, I was too distracted 3 months ago by the onslaught of PC ports, but I highly recommend it.

Portrait card games are always the best.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you guys are digging Night of the Full Moon. Posted about it when it came out saying largely the same thing. It's a better, more polished and more enjoyable Dream Quest.

Gotta be honest. Think it's more fun than Meteorfall.

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Glad you guys are digging Night of the Full Moon. Posted about it when it came out saying largely the same thing. It's a better, more polished and more enjoyable Dream Quest.

Yeah. I think the same.
Actually I think it's better than Solitairica too.
It's up there with TinyTouchTales games for me.

Silly me for not paying more attention to you back in the days!!!!
Lesson learned :P

Back playing....my Red Hood Knight is soooooo badass.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
Pathfinder comes to mind.
Downloading, thank you!
LotR LCG by the AH guys is coming to mobile this year
Love LotR, will keep my eyes peeled on this one.
FFG is publishing Lord of the Rings LCG digital this year.
Soon (like in a month) the Early Access will start on Steam. The iOS version is coming later this year.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/509580/The_Lord_of_the_Rings_Living_Card_Game/

On the FFG Interactive twitch channel you can watch many gameplay videos...it looks fantastic and well capture the game (there are some differences, the man behind the card game is behind this digital version as well).
Don't be fooled by the Heartsone look...only thing the game haves in common is the egg shaped portraits.
Hopefully it will be very successful and in some years Netrunner, Star Wars and Arkham will get a digital treatment as well.

Personally I can't wait.
Very excited for this now, thank for the info!

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Night of the full moon is on sale and it's really good.
Like Dream Quest with high production values.

https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/night-of-the-full-moon/id1278845241?mt=8

I loved & was obsessed with Night of the Full Moon when it came out. A true hidden gem.

The only issue is the lack of replay value once you've cleared all 3 classes and gotten all the endings. But it's still a lot of great game for a few bucks.

Highly recommended.

Yeah. I think the same.
Actually I think it's better than Solitairica too.

I understand the comparison but not sure I agree. The actual gameplay in Solitairica is pretty different and I think it's more accessible to a broader audience.

I love both games!

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I hope everyone is putting down their mobile games (sorry Arena of Valor) to play Celeste.

god damn

Nah, I'm playing The Room:Old Sins and holy cow, this is the pinnacle of the franchise. Perfect mix of exploration without the annoying backtracking, an amazing looking game with super polished animations and running, for the first time in the series, at a sweet 60fps. So freaking great! Don't sleep on it people.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nah, I'm playing The Room:Old Sins and holy cow, this is the pinnacle of the franchise. Perfect mix of exploration without the annoying backtracking, an amazing looking game with super polished animations and running, for the first time in the series, at a sweet 60fps. So freaking great! Don't sleep on it people.

The pictures look cropped in the store - is it patched for X?

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Let's try to keep this thread to mobile gaming only eh?

Having great fun with Thumper, The Witness and Night of the Full Moon.

My wife replayed The Room 2 yesterday and started up the new one today. She's enjoying a lot, too!

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
True true, but on the other hand most people here wouldnt know about it and missed a true platforming gem. I wish Hollow Knight makes it over as well. Cant decide on what platform Dandara is coming home now, maybe both? Thumper: Pocket Edition is love and is life. Ok i will see myself out...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Even though it will cost me a little more, I think I'm going to wait on Dandara to see how it turns out. Even though the dev originally designed it for touch, I was reading that they now prefer using a controller. Also having just spent $40 on two other platformers, Celeste and Iconoclasts, might wait a bit anyway.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Meteorfall: Journey is growing on me. Is a fun score chaser. Better than Reigns IMO.

Even though it will cost me a little more, I think I'm going to wait on Dandara to see how it turns out. Even though the dev originally designed it for touch, I was reading that they now prefer using a controller. Also having just spent $40 on two other platformers, Celeste and Iconoclasts, might wait a bit anyway.

I canceled my pre-order and are going to buy it for PS4 now. I been watching videos about it and that with my previous knowledge about other iOS sling games, where both need quick reactions and high accuracy and im pretty sure it wont work as well as with a controller. I wanted it on the go but those reasons are a big slab to me

Stardestroyer

Oct 31, 2017
Hey guys looking for a few suggestions for good games. No Gacha or puzzle based games.

Preference RPG similar to shadowrun.

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Looking for really beautiful android games that push this S835 in my xz1 compact to good use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's kinda weird being on this side of things but looking forward to some beautiful game experiences. Did Street Fighter get ported to Android?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys looking for a few suggestions for good games. No Gacha or puzzle based games.

Have you played The Banner Saga games? Excellent turn based RPGs that work well on mobile. I personally like the Warhammer Quest games, though some didn't like the 2nd as much as the first.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy

Banner Saga
Warhammer Quest 1 and 2

If you want something futuristic, Invisible Inc. (which, btw, I'm replaying right now and it's utterly glorious...forgot how awesome and tense it was, great blend between story and randomized content).