• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
How is Bring You Home? I'm still thinking of picking it up but haven't made the jump yet.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
How is Bring You Home? I'm still thinking of picking it up but haven't made the jump yet.

It's really cute and charming as always but features some trial and error gameplay (but always with a logic behind it) that may not be for everyone. If you liked FRAMED you should like it. The puzzles are great so far and do introduce plenty of mechanics that could lead to some interesting challenges at the end.

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I love Pocket Card Jockey and I'm looking for a similar solitaire type of game. Card Thief, Miracle Merchant and Card Brawl look really fun - and they all seem to be from the same developer. Any impressions? How's the content and progression in those?

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I love Pocket Card Jockey and I'm looking for a similar solitaire type of game. Card Thief, Miracle Merchant and Card Brawl look really fun - and they all seem to be from the same developer. Any impressions? How's the content and progression in those?

Solitairica

I played Pocket Card Jockey, it was amazing, and it's much closer to Solitairica than any of those three games you listed, and I have played all three.

Also, I'm having a great time playing Night of the Full Moon and recommend it highly. It's card based, but not solitaire.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Man, Slime Pizza is such a blast. Nitrome has some great games, but they are too arcadey with no real progression, so actual levels and progression is a nice change. I wish they would bring over that old hot air balloon game for the same reasons. Neutronized also makes some neat pixel games, super cat bros is one hell of a platformer for something with no jump button.

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
I'm not sure whether I've got a problem with Night of Full Moon. I'm stuck in chapter 2 with nearly 0 HP and nothing useful in the shop nor the tavern. The next fight is almost impossible since the enemy (a Frost Troll) has circa 35 HP and I have only 3 and none chances of recovering. Am I supposed to begin a new game? Does the game carry you through so many difficulties just to mercilessly leave you at a dead end? I don't like it, my fellow Reseterians >:(

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure whether I've got a problem with Night of Full Moon. I'm stuck in chapter 2 with nearly 0 HP and nothing useful in the shop nor the tavern. The next fight is almost impossible since the enemy (a Frost Troll) has circa 35 HP and I have only 3 and none chances of recovering. Am I supposed to begin a new game? Does the game carry you through so many difficulties just to mercilessly leave you at a dead end? I don't like it, my fellow Reseterians >:(

Yeah, you gotta start a new game or just allow yourself to get killed by the troll. It's a roguelike so expect to die. I know I haven't gotten to an ending yet.

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
Yeah, you gotta start a new game or just allow yourself to get killed by the troll. It's a roguelike so expect to die. I know I haven't gotten to an ending yet.

Okay, now I understand it. I like perma-death games and roguelikes such as Nethack, etc. What confused me here was the possibility of continuing from a saved file instead of the game telling me it was over and I was dead. Yeah, I know it may sound silly but I wasn't sure if I was missing something :_

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, now I understand it. I like perma-death games and roguelikes such as Nethack, etc. What confused me here was the possibility of continuing from a saved file instead of the game telling me it was over and I was dead. Yeah, I know it may sound silly but I wasn't sure if I was missing something :_

Yea, it's nice that you can get another shot at a fight, but often you just get to spots where there's no way your deck will win no matter how many times you try.

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
Yea, it's nice that you can get another shot at a fight, but often you just get to spots where there's no way your deck will win no matter how many times you try.
That's exactly my case. Before getting stuck I had a battle with a fire demon which took me about 5-6 tries to get rid of. Now I'm 'dead' with the frost troll :_)
Time to start over, this time with a better strategy now that I understand the mechanics. Thank you guys!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't heard of Slay the Spire but that looks awesome. Hope it gets ported to mobile someday.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hadn't heard of Slay the Spire but that looks awesome. Hope it gets ported to mobile someday.
After the game leaves early access, the dev will look into porting to Switch and mobile.

It is kind of similar to Meteorfall, just that you can choose your own way through the dungeon which gets generated each time you start. Each character has a starting loadout which you can expand during play. Also like in Meteorfall, fewer cards are mostly better to create a proper synergy.

Maybe the better question would be if Night of the Full Moon was similar to Meteorfall, because chances are you know that heh

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Night of the Full Moon has some similarities with Meteorfall, but it's deeper. Has more choices, more story and nice enemy variety. You have three choices at any one time. One or two are usually enemies to fight, which have levels to indicate how strong they are. The other choices can be chests, shops, etc. You go through different areas that are like pages in a book, which has a Little Red Robin Hood theme to it.

I kinda like it more than Meteorfall to be honest. It's also close to Dream Quest without the board and with way more polish.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone actually completed a run of Night of the Full Moon? I've taken all four characters to the final boss and have to start over. I was so close with the Nun, but
you have to kill the werewolf twice and it heals like crazy

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Been playing some Bring You Home. It's pretty fun, but a lot of it does seem to be trial and error and just being amused by the different animations that play out. Sure there is occasionally logic to follow, but sometimes I am just throwing things around until they work. I do like it though.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we'll soon see if Dandara lives up to the hype. Hope it drops early but with the multiplatform release, probably not.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Guess we'll soon see if Dandara lives up to the hype. Hope it drops early but with the multiplatform release, probably not.

I preordered Dandara again, i will try it and decide if i want it for iOS or for PS4... since i can get refunds i can try it out first and then decide what to do with it. 11 hours to go. Lets see. Will post impressions

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I am no native speaker I notice that the English translation in Night of the Full Moon is horrible. What a bummer. It does not really feel polished unfortunately. But well, it was only a buck.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered Dandara again, i will try it and decide if i want it for iOS or for PS4... since i can get refunds i can try it out first and then decide what to do with it. 11 hours to go. Lets see. Will post impressions

I ended up preordering as well after I got some cheaper iTunes credit. Looking forward to it!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
It seems that games that can be pre-ordered always come at the same time so no chance for that.

If I remember right, I think Thumper came around 10 pm EST the night before the release came. Guess I consider that "early" since other platforms don't release until midnight and sometimes not until the actual day of release where they have a set time for a store refresh.

Edit: Was looking back and Jydge and Cytus II also came out the afternoon (around 4:30) before the release day.

That said Dandara is a bit higher profile and not a port so they may time things different to make it all on the same day.

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Hum dont know what to think of this but i twitted that Dandara is coming at midnight and the developer liked my twit. So theres hope that comes out like every other preorder so far

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome Humble Bundle deal for people that have Android and don't have these games:

$1
Splitter Critters
Star Vikings Forever
Galaxy of Pen and Paper

BTA ($4.73 at the time of this post)
Oxenfree
Mushroom 11
Another Lost Phone

$5
Party Hard GO
Death Road to Canada

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/mobile-bundle-22?

Going to get the $1 tier having wanted to try Galaxy of Pen and Paper despite the not so hot reviews.

Last edited:

colinp

Oct 27, 2017

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Was reading the TA thread where a few people have downloaded Dandara. Guess it doesn't have screen rotation? Not a deal breaker but disappointing.

Sure it'll be fixed in an update

Frost Think it should be out by you. Have you had a chance to try it?

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Frost Think it should be out by you. Have you had a chance to try it?

Yes im playing it. Controls are very fluid. I believe it has some sort of aim assist. If you move really fast there is a green additional arrow that aims at the right platform if i am too far away. Prevents me from making mistakes. Expertly doneZ You can only move between silver platforms so far. Controls is like a twin stick shooter. Half of the screen to aim hold and load to shoot and the other half to move. They are very fluid. It is like Celeste where levels are divided in room and you have to go trough them. So far i encountered a few walls that can be broken with the normal attack so there is the metroidvania part. There are objects that add things like a map and some people that give you conversation. Save points are bonfires. I havent made my mind about Dandara yet. Seems good so far, interested in what else i will find here. I think i will keep this one, theres no reason to choose the PS4 version over the iOS version. Devs told me that an update with auto rotation is on review and should come out very soon. I will keep playing lol

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Yes im playing it. Controls are very fluid. I believe it has some sort of aim assist. If you move really fast there is a green additional arrow that aims at the right platform if i am too far away. Prevents me from making mistakes. Expertly doneZ You can only move between silver platforms so far. Controls is like a twin stick shooter. Half of the screen to aim hold and load to shoot and the other half to move. They are very fluid. It is like Celeste where levels are divided in room and you have to go trough them. So far i encountered a few walls that can be broken with the normal attack so there is the metroidvania part. There are objects that add things like a map and some people that give you conversation. Save points are bonfires. I havent made my mind about Dandara yet. Seems good so far, interested in what else i will find here. I think i will keep this one, theres no reason to choose the PS4 version over the iOS version. Devs told me that an update with auto rotation is on review and should come out very soon. I will keep playing lol

Sounds good. Hope to be playing in about an hour and a half.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
As far as controls, they feel expertly made for iOS. So good. So fast and fluid. Now i am very intrigued to see the game itself. So far so good.

What a start to 2018: Celeste, Iconoclasts, SteamWorld Dig 2 and Dandara...

Yep. Great time for platformers. Would love to see Hallow Knight ported to other platforms as well (though I doubt mobile would be one of them).

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Yep. Great time for platformers. Would love to see Hallow Knight ported to other platforms as well (though I doubt mobile would be one of them).

Yeah i played on PC and i doubt is coming. Same with Celeste or Iconoclasts or SteamWorld Dig 2. There are too complex and would require some real skills and too many buttons to work on iOS. Some things are meant to be played on their intended systems. Lucky for us we have different systems to enjoy all the possibilities.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where's February thread?

Awesome Humble Bundle deal for people that have Android and don't have these games:

$1
Splitter Critters
Star Vikings Forever
Galaxy of Pen and Paper

BTA ($4.73 at the time of this post)
Oxenfree
Mushroom 11
Another Lost Phone

$5
Party Hard GO
Death Road to Canada

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/mobile-bundle-22?

Going to get the $1 tier having wanted to try Galaxy of Pen and Paper despite the not so hot reviews.

Death Road to Canada is worth $5 alone, it's normally $10.99.

Android version benefits from having so many more physical controller options, too. Phycial controls are definitely the way to go with that game.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Dandara is live in the US. Guess it was out at 11 EST but for some reason wouldn't download. Then I checked now my email and it said it was available and it would download when I clicked that link.

Edit: Played for over and hour and really like it so far. I like the more flick type mechanics than slingshot. Faster and makes it feel more like a platformer. The "platforming" itself isn't hard but have to time things right when it comes to the enemies and bullets they fire.

Past one boss so far so think I'm still early in the game. Would be nice to have a % of the map that you've completed. And, of course, screen rotation.

Overall happy with it even charging the same as other platforms. Hope it does well.

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Dandara is live in the US. Guess it was out at 11 EST but for some reason wouldn't download. Then I checked now my email and it said it was available and it would download when I clicked that link.

Edit: Played for over and hour and really like it so far. I like the more flick type mechanics than slingshot. Faster and makes it feel more like a platformer. The "platforming" itself isn't hard but have to time things right when it comes to the enemies and bullets they fire.

Past one boss so far so think I'm still early in the game. Would be nice to have a % of the map that you've completed. And, of course, screen rotation.

Overall happy with it even charging the same as other platforms. Hope it does well.

Screen rotation should be in as a patch just went live.