• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the monthly mobile gaming thread, where we discuss the best and most interesting titles coming to iOS and Android each and every month. From sales, to exciting new releases, to promising games in the works, mobile gaming is vast and growing medium, with entries in genres of every fashion, premium and free alike.

The main post will contain recommended games that released during the previous month. All the games listed will have been highlighted by the ERA community in one way or another. This way you can keep tabs on the best games and at the same time curate an excellent resource to look back on to find games you may have missed.

Additional resources for games released during 2017, 2016, and prior will be available soon.

_____________________________________________________________________________​

FEATURED NEW RELEASES

64ptskc.png
bqjYejN.png
8lIUiV4.png

Tiny Bubbles
App Store | Google Play
Site | $4.99
Play with squishy clusters of soap bubbles in this mesmerizing new puzzle game. Inflate, mix, match, pop, and win with hundreds of super fun goals to complete. Using a proprietary Molecular Dynamics Engine, the game's physics plays like no other game. Color-blind option available.

screenshot4.jpg

Zero/Sum
App Store
Site | $1.99
On the eve of discovering a mathematical cure for cancer, your mentor, Professor Claire Liddy, is murdered. Fortunately, before she died, the Professor was able to erase many of the plus and minus signs with her bloody hands, saving the cure from falling into the hands of her killers. Now it is up to you to fill back in the missing parts of the equation and resolve your professor's cure. It's up to you to cure cancer -- AGAIN!

GIF+4.gif

Pocket Run Pool
App Store
Site | Free
The return of arcade pool from the creator of Really Bad Chess and Flipflop Solitaire. Pocket-Run Pool combines 8-ball pool with the thrill of a chasing the perfect highscore. In Pocket-Run, your goal is to sink all the balls, but where and when you sink them is what matters most! With each pocketed ball, you're awarded points based on the pocket you sunk. So sink carefully, but watch out, with each miss or scratch you lose a life — run out before you finish the table and it's game over. Compete against yourself, the world, or the bank in a variety of thrilling game modes! Can you make the perfect pocket-run? Arcade pool is back!

en_sc5.png

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
App Store | Google Play
Site | $17.99
An intricate and evocative tale of fates woven by gods and mortals, steeped in Norse mythology, punctuated by groundbreaking combat, and brought to life by a soundtrack considered among gaming's greatest. Behold the origin of the VALKYRIE PROFILE franchise for yourself.

Icaj7lq.jpg

Feist
App Store | Google Play
Site | Free
Feist is a multi-award winning, beautifully handcrafted action game. It follows the story of a fragile little fur creature and its desperate attempt to rescue its mate from the clutches of a pack of malicious predators. The journey to the heart of a mysterious forest soon becomes a savage and merciless fight for survival as everything in this mesmerizing but deadly environment wants to eat you.

Feist_5_1920.jpg

Animal Super Squad
App Store | Google Play
Site | $4.99
Animal Super Squad is a physics-based adventure game that lets you play as your favorite animal. Speed through a world full of dangers and bananas. Or forget all that nonsense and just play other people's stuff.

loeLYVu.png

Eden Obscura
App Store | Google Play
Site | Free
Welcome to a paradise of sound and life. Journey to the garden of sound and life, a mysterious and artistic place full of the extraordinary! Eden Obscura, named after the historic camera obscura, is quite literally "light" entertainment; it uses the camera in your phone to create interactive visual effects while you jump around the screen gathering pollen to grow surreal artistic plants and landscapes in a world that is like no other. Vibrant colors combined with eclectic and sophisticated electronic music take you on an artistic and mind expanding journey, while at the same time it is quite simply a ton of fun to play.

TnwWm9g.png

OTHER NOTABLE RELEASES

Super Hydorah(iOS) - $6.99
Homo Machina(iOS, Android) - $2.99
Magibot(iOS) - $3.99
Stories of Bethem: Full Moon(iOS, Android) - Free
Gleam of Fire(iOS) - $3.99
Dungeon Maker : Dark Lord(iOS, Android) - $2.99
Kontrast(iOS) - $0.99

UPCOMING RELEASES

-

PREVIOUS THREADS

Mobile Gaming May 2018 | Mayday! Too many games to play
Mobile Gaming April 2018 | Portable Battle Royale
Mobile Gaming March 2018 | A lovely month for gaming on the go
Mobile Gaming February 2018 | A Thumping good time!
Mobile Gaming January 2018 | New ERA, new year, and so many new games
Mobile Gaming December 2017 | A Frosty X-mas Season
Mobile Gaming November 2017 | Giving thanks for iOS and Android alike

Thanks to Saucycarpdog for the thread title this month

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

And its fantastic. A remake of a classic. Pure arcade action. Support from iOS 9 and up. New graphics, new control method (like a dual stick shooter), new enemies, a boss fight,... the music is awesome i see myself humming it. A classic is back. This was one of my very top favorite games back then until the appocalyspse happened. Glad to have it back with the orange dot next to it!

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone play Eden Obscura? I liked the game, but I've seen nothing mentioned anywhere. A google search finds mentions of the game coming, but nothing about its release.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
ehh not feeling anything in particular this month. I'm still mostly playing steredenn whenever I'm free. Has there been any similar games since it released?

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Damn I got confused as well.

I was already drooling over Gears Tactics on iOS.

Instead we are getting a most probably free to play huge heads puppets collecting game?

What a letdown.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Elder Scrolls Blades from the Bethesda E3 conference looks like it could be seriously good.
Elder Scrolls dungeon crawling (with some above ground stuff too), city building (or fixing/customizing), PVP (I think they said it did), coming to mobile VR and other systems (and will have cross save compatibility I think they said).

If they can get the F2P monitization right it could be seriously fantastic. The trailer had a menu shot that showed two currencies (probably the usual "one you get in-game and one you only get with real money" system). If they can avoid putting timers or stuff that forces me to wait-to-play this could potentially be my dream mobile game.

Im sure the city building stuff will have timers, but if they can keep it in just that portion of the game and let me dungeon crawl whenever I want, I could live with that.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
(Answering about Hollow Knight but for some reason quotes didn't make it)

I see.
I'll probably played too little then...but especially with platformer/metroidvania I always thought if I completed Aquaria, Dust:ET, Oddmar, Lost Socks, Forma.8, Sine Mora, etc...I can play anythingwith virtual controls, if done right.
There is always the MiFi controller option anyway.
Still want it tough :)

I know I'm the only one in the world, but I always thought way more unplayable 3D FPS on touch controls (Infinity Blade and Witness the only exceptions...hopeful on ES:Blades).

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So, I'm going to be in a situation where my commute will change and I'll be in a position to use my cellphone to game on. I have a Moto E4. (Yes its weak but it was cheap)

I'd like a couple of recs if you all have some ideas. Controller support is great and any game that features an actual plot or story is great too. I can spend a bit but not too much.

I'm into adventure, action, racing, rpg games, puzzle games, strange stuff and sports too.

Last edited:

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Dungeon Maker is really fun guys. The MT are only stuff you can unlock normally through playing. Normal Unity jank is all over, but it's a really fun experience.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's crazy how little love/responses this thread gets. But thanks for putting it out monthly and putting in the effort!

Downloading Ark now. Couldn't get into it on PC, but last time I played was about a year and a half ago. Hopefully there's a better tutorial on mobile.

Not a fan of the new Platinum game. Changed regions to download it, but it seems pretty bad. Its a shame too cause I was really excited for it. Definitely doesn't feel like a platinum game though.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how little love/responses this thread gets. But thanks for putting it out monthly and putting in the effort!
This month is particularly quite, most likely because of E3 and the lack of quality releases. This and the last week nothing of interest to me was released.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have anoyone tried ARK yet? Its out on iOS today

Tried it and played for about an hour. Came back later and found of that 30 mins of my progress had been lost.

For example one of the first quests is to build a campfire. I had done that and the next 5 quests. When I came back it asked me to build a campfire again despite me being able to see the campfire I had previously built.