• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Played a demo of this on Xbox One and hated it. But good to see another big port.

Well the game's also well known for running like crap on every device including PC. So this is going to be interesting technically. Gameplay wise though, I absolutely couldn't care less about those types of games so it's not for me :)

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Well the game's also well known for running like crap on every device including PC. So this is going to be interesting technically. Gameplay wise though, I absolutely couldn't care less about those types of games so it's not for me :)

Yeah, it's not my kind of game either, regardless of performance.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
If you got into the Fortnite beta, invites just got sent out. Going to www.fortnite.com/iOS on a mobile device now links to an App Store entry to download, but you have to sign in with the same Epic account you used for pre-registration.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Just was coming here to post about Fortnite. Have to see how big of a download it is.

Edit: 2 gigs

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I was able to play the game even without the mail so you might want to try it too if you're interested. It's good for a first beta but I'm sure they'll improve fast given the turnaround on the PC/console version.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got no invite for Fortnite.. does anyone of you have a spare friend invite?

Last edited:

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I got no invite for Fortnite.. does anyone of you have a spare friend invite?

There are no friend invites available yet but you can try to launch it even if you didn't receive one. Mine worked that way. I suspect that if you've ever played the game on PC/Console, it might let you in anayways.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are no friend invites available yet but you can try to launch it even if you didn't receive one. Mine worked that way. I suspect that if you've ever played the game on PC/Console, it might let you in anayways.
Well, I logged in with my Xbox account but was greeted with an "join the waiting list" screen. Bummer. Guess I have to wait then.,

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Same, I'm really enjoying it too. I think it sits at a nice spot where their is challenge in finding the more hidden solutions and beating the level times but it is also quite a zen game where their is very little punishment for failure and I'm encouraged to take my time and experiment.

Yes, the game is ACE. Mobile friendly, fun, expertly made by an excellent developer. An all around gem

(Didnt see your answer sooner sorry. Batter late than never)

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Friend invites are now available in Fortnite. I'm at an event with my son so may not get to it right away but if anyone wants me to send an invite, feel free to PM me your email address.

campbell

Oct 27, 2017
Friend invites are now available in Fortnite. I'm at an event with my son so may not get to it right away but if anyone wants me to send an invite, feel free to PM me your email address.

I have two burning a hole in my pocket. PM me if you want one.

Edit: I'm out.

Last edited:

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take a code if you've got a spare. I've never played Fortnite and am interested in seeing what everyone is excited about.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
How's the Witness?

I tried it and liked it on PS4, but it made me nauseous and got a refund. Would like to try it on iOS since I probably won't have the same issue.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I am tempted by Evoland 2. I played it a bit on Steam, but it would be nice to have on mobile. At the same time, I do that for many ports (if price is right, i.e. not Civ 6 or Square games not on sale) and never play them. Read Only Memories would be the same. Oh well, going to put it into my iOS Note List for Games (since Apple killed wishlist for some god forsaken reason).

It's definitely worth the five bucks.

Indeed, $5 is cheap. I am still annoyed by the fact they don't have a separate full price version though since you can't family share in game purchase unlike a full priced title. Bought it separately for $5 for the kids ipad last time it was on sale and I am still kind of peeved about it.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
How's the Witness?

I tried it and liked it on PS4, but it made me nauseous and got a refund. Would like to try it on iOS since I probably won't have the same issue.
I like it, but then again I didn't have nausea issues with it on PC, so I'm not sure if that has improved.

The game has two visual settings that might help, one removes vignetting and the other adds a reticle (which I think I've heard can help a bit with motion sickness).

It's pretty frame-on my old iPad Mini 2, but perfectly playable since it's a slow paced game. Visuals are a bit iffy on that old iPad too, and this game is definitely a looker when on more powerful devices.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two sales which maybe slipped past:

You can get both "Lost Phone" games for the price of one. Maybe you can even get the other one free if you bought one full price before.

Also, the Total War Collection is 30% of at $12.

Indeed, $5 is cheap. I am still annoyed by the fact they don't have a separate full price version though since you can't family share in game purchase unlike a full priced title. Bought it separately for $5 for the kids ipad last time it was on sale and I am still kind of peeved about it.
One workaround for that is to sign in on their device with your account, restore purchases in the app and then sign out again.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017

Received the invite from you. Thank you very much.

Haven't played a game yet. Just wanted to ask here, why the heck is my character a woman and how do I change it and my looks?

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Received the invite from you. Thank you very much.

Haven't played a game yet. Just wanted to ask here, why the heck is my character a woman and how do I change it and my looks?
As far as I know, you spawn as a different character every time, including women. There are skins though, which change your looks completely if you apply them. For example, if you are an Amazon Prime member and also happen to have a Twitch account, you can opt in for a Twitch exclusive skin which is male.

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know, you spawn as a different character every time, including women. There are skins though, which change your looks completely if you apply them. For example, if you are an Amazon Prime member and also happen to have a Twitch account, you can opt in for a Twitch exclusive skin which is male.

I see. Thank you very much.

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
Would love a Fortnite invite if there are anymore out there. Will pay it forward if I get any. Just recently started playing on Xbone and really enjoying it.

Last edited:

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Two sales which maybe slipped past:

You can get both "Lost Phone" games for the price of one. Maybe you can even get the other one free if you bought one full price before.

Also, the Total War Collection is 30% of at $12.

One workaround for that is to sign in on their device with your account, restore purchases in the app and then sign out again.
That's a great idea. Going to give it a try with another game or two.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Nobody will care but I was re visting my past 'goty' lists (not that I'm a fan of them) and I realized I did an immense errror with Kingdom New Lands, which should have been placed way higher, if not on top.
I blame the fact I was distracted by other commitments/beta/various impediments back in the days and I feel I'm giving it proper justice/gameplay time just now.

It's probably one of the best games I played, and I don't even like that much 4X.

Finally unlocked a tons of new stuff in island 4, it's incredible how many things they add later on probably knowing very few people will see those.
Islands feel almost a puzzle with multiple solutions now, and they managed to step up difficulty noticbly every island avoiding frustration with new secrets to discover every time, secrets that ease a lot the previous difficult parts (opening new ones, of course).

So elegant and atmospheric, even a year later.
Superb.

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Don't sleep on The Witness, guys. I bought it last night and played it on my iPhone 7 for over an hour. Quite smooth most of the time and very polished movement system (though I did have to reverse the default controls). I already have it on Steam but solving puzzles using touch is easier and faster imo. It's also an ideal pick up and play game so I think I'll keep playing it on my phone despite having the option to install it on my iPad.

I don't know much about this. How different is it to Fortnite?

I read this article earlier, seems to explain it.

Haven't played either game yet myself though.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know much about this. How different is it to Fortnite?

It's really different gameplay-wise with no building and a more realistic shooting. Graphically, it's way above Fortnite on iOS right now with better textures, effects and running at 60fps. It's one of the best looking game on the platform. Controls are also customizable. It's a shame that they didn't wait for the 0.4.0 update that's already live on the Chinese version because it's an even bigger improvement. The biggest downside of course if the lack of crossplay if you play with friends and the number of bots in the first matches.

In the end, both are great and both are free!

Edit: Well, PUBG Mobile (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds) is now also available in Europe so that's pretty much the whole world covered: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/pubg-mobile/id1330123889?mt=8

Last edited: