• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
While not a fan of these type of games especially on mobile, I must confess that while I deleted Fornite almost immediately, had no clue what I was doing despite loving the 'look', I actually enjoyed my first PUBG game a lot...too bad we were just 4 player standing in a tiny space in the end and I had to close the game (with 12 kills tough :P)
It's SUPER FLUID and actually not bad looking on a iPhone X. Surprisingly it didn't slaughter my battery too.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
While not a fan of these type of games especially on mobile, I must confess that while I deleted Fornite almost immediately, had no clue what I was doing despite loving the 'look', I actually enjoyed my first PUBG game a lot...too bad we were just 4 player standing in a tiny space in the end and I had to close the game (with 12 kills tough :P)
It's SUPER FLUID and actually not bad looking on a iPhone X. Surprisingly it didn't slaughter my battery too.

Yeah and PUBG's magic trick is building up your confidence with plenty of bots in the first matches (almost exclusively bots at first). That's a genius way to catch more players and to get some crazy retention rate.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Yeah and PUBG's magic trick is building up your confidence with plenty of bots in the first matches (almost exclusively bots at first). That's a genius way to catch more players and to get some crazy retention rate.

Oh.
They were only bots?
That's explain a lot then (especially how I survived that long :P).

Anyway, I liked even the controls (generally I hate 3D action games on mobile).

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Oh.
They were only bots?
That's explain a lot then (especially how I survived that long :P).

Anyway, I liked even the controls (generally I hate 3D action games on mobile).

Eheh, mostly were just bots yeah. You can see that because they generally go in straight lines and fire automatically once you start shooting. Speaking of controls, it's even better in the 0.4.0 update (plus it adds 3D touch support) and the game eats even less battery. You should see it live soon since the Chinese version has been updated last week.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Death Coming is really clever and super fun.
The second level (the factory) had me smiling the whole time while I was solving the puzzles.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Preorder price for Candleman just dropped to $2.99. I have it on Xbox One and it's a fun and unique platformer with the candlelight mechanic. Three bucks is a steal.

Candleman by 中手游 https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/candleman/id1258488476?mt=8

Also, if you'd rather read about the Fortnite comparison, there's this:
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-x-vs-x-iphone-x-vs-xbox-one-x

Sad to read how huge of a difference there is between the iPhone X and my lowly 6S. Guess it's time to upgrade! Have probably about six months before I qualify for an upgrade with AT&T though. :(

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Guys don't sit on Death coming.
It's like hidden folks but with more game and with more puzzles....killing everyone is damn difficult (but still hilarious).
Each level is better than last one and adds a lot of new mechanics.
First level is very simple (just tap here and there) but later ones have you study all little people lives and plan their deaths accordingly. :P

The dictator factory level is hilarious, but the ancient museum one is getting even better.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Fortnite has more users and is generating more money that PUBG. Also, played some games with friends after a hiatus and wow, the game is even better now. Has improved a lot since the last time we played. Epic knows their game. Graphics, animations, weapons, weight,... everything. So... Fortnite >>>> PUBG. Now im going to play the iOS version and see how it goes and try the mobile PUBG as well. Lets see...

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Don't really care about player counts or what is grossing more. I still prefer PUBG over Fortnite on console at least. Admittedly PUBG needs a lot more work.

But PUBG just feels more tense and gets my adrenaline going more than Fortnite. Everyone is different though.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Yep, everyone is different. You and i, i and you have similar iOS tastes and even is those we can differ. Same with consoles games. You have a One i have a PS4. But we do like similar games.
im a little drunk. Maybe more than i think lol

Also, i forgot tomorrow Ni No Kuni 2 is out so i wont try them at all. Maybe at a future date

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, everyone is different. You and i, i and you have similar iOS tastes and even is those we can differ. Same with consoles games. You have a One i have a PS4. But we do like similar games.
im a little drunk. Maybe more than i think lol

Also, i forgot tomorrow Ni No Kuni 2 is out so i wont try them at all. Maybe at a future date

I have a PS4 too. :)

Also getting Ni No Kuni 2 and looking forward to it!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if there is a Shadowrun Legends has an Apple TV app? The normal one doesn't list ATV but if they have it on Android TV devices like Shield maybe there's hope.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I didn't know about the raid until I was level 8 . how's playing on a touch screen device?

I played a TON of Unkilled, Dead Trigger, and Dead Trigger 2 (also by Madfinger). The controls are virtually identical, and I loved those games. I'm a bad metric for judging the controls as a result, haha.

Personally, I just play with auto-fire on and the game feels fine. My only gripes are battery drain and lack of chat functions. In that raid, it's SO difficult to explain to new players how that last room works (hitting the switches in 4231 order while NONE of them are active). A mini-guide would be helpful in game, but whatever.

Baconbitz

Oct 27, 2017
What do you guys do when a game or is pulled from the app store/unplayable on new version of iOS? I'm a little angry because I did buy the game. It's no longer available on the iTunes store. Even so, it's not playable anymore. Only problem for me is that I don't have the .Ipa file.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys do when a game or is pulled from the app store/unplayable on new version of iOS? I'm a little angry because I did buy the game. It's no longer available on the iTunes store. Even so, it's not playable anymore. Only problem for me is that I don't have the .Ipa file.

Is it not in your purchase history to redownload?

Baconbitz

Oct 27, 2017
Is it not in your purchase history to redownload?
No because it's been pulled. I get the idea that the dev of the game (Adeline) didn't want to update the game (too difficult?) to 64 bit. I was just wondering if anyone had games that haven't been updated and how they play those games.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
No because it's been pulled. I get the idea that the dev of the game (Adeline) didn't want to update the game (too difficult?) to 64 bit. I was just wondering if anyone had games that haven't been updated and how they play those games.

Games are sometimes pulled but still accessible in your purchase history. Have many games like that.

Oct 25, 2017

I just had this trying to play Shining Force. In that case, Sega had pulled a bunch of their stuff several years ago. It was in my Purchase history with just the name, no icon, and I couldn't click on it. I assume I'm just SOL.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
You either need to not update your device to whatever update the 64bit requirement was (10,i think?), or not play them anymore.

Peggle Classic (the iOS port of Peggle and Peggle Nights) never got the update and was thankfully the only game I had to lose when I updated. Still sucks, but at least I have them on PC (but it really should be playable on iOS, it can't have taken that many resources to update to 64bit).

Peggle Blast is the F2P one that Popcap/EA DID update, but it has a play limit and timers and IAP stuff that I got sick of after a while (but my fiance played through the whole thing, she got really hooked). I'm sure it's the reason they didn't update Peggle Classic, they probably get 1000x the revenue from Blast than from Classic (which was just a one time purchase).

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Towaga just got updated with full iPhone X support too.
At 60 FPS it's really a joy to play, super atmospheric setting too.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just had this trying to play Shining Force. In that case, Sega had pulled a bunch of their stuff several years ago. It was in my Purchase history with just the name, no icon, and I couldn't click on it. I assume I'm just SOL.
You'd need a 32-bit capable iOS device and OS for those situations.

Baconbitz

Oct 27, 2017
You either need to not update your device to whatever update the 64bit requirement was (10,i think?), or not play them anymore.

Peggle Classic (the iOS port of Peggle and Peggle Nights) never got the update and was thankfully the only game I had to lose when I updated. Still sucks, but at least I have them on PC (but it really should be playable on iOS, it can't have taken that many resources to update to 64bit).

Peggle Blast is the F2P one that Popcap/EA DID update, but it has a play limit and timers and IAP stuff that I got sick of after a while (but my fiance played through the whole thing, she got really hooked). I'm sure it's the reason they didn't update Peggle Classic, they probably get 1000x the revenue from Blast than from Classic (which was just a one time purchase).
It is just stupid that you can pay for a game and then after an update it gets pulled. With some work, you can still play really old Windows games.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Hah you have the best of two worlds. Maybe missing a Switch to have it all. Im tempted by the Switch since all the indies are releasing there lately. And indies are the best.

Also, how are you finding Ni No Kuni 2?

Not too far into it yet but I like it so far. Good action RPG. Haven't gotten to the city building part of it yet (though I'm not a big fan of that kind of stuff it sounds fairly simple).

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Guys don't sit on Death coming.
It's like hidden folks but with more game and with more puzzles....killing everyone is damn difficult (but still hilarious).
Each level is better than last one and adds a lot of new mechanics.
First level is very simple (just tap here and there) but later ones have you study all little people lives and plan their deaths accordingly. :P

The dictator factory level is hilarious, but the ancient museum one is getting even better.

Picked this up on your advice. Only finished the first level but it's really fun and darkly humorous. Definitely recommend it at the measly $2 they're asking for it.

Clever game.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Not too far into it yet but I like it so far. Good action RPG. Haven't gotten to the city building part of it yet (though I'm not a big fan of that kind of stuff it sounds fairly simple).

My indie sense did half good with this one. Told me to cancel my purchase and play Hollow Knight (bought it in the last Steam sale along with Ori) since i upgraded to Win10 two days ago and can play it with a DS4 wiressly now, so i did. But today TeamCherry announced new content so i dont know if i should go go a store and buy Ni No Kuni 2 at all now or start with Ori and buy NNK2 at a later date

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Picked this up on your advice. Only finished the first level but it's really fun and darkly humorous. Definitely recommend it at the measly $2 they're asking for it.

Clever game.

Cool, tell me how do you like the second world.
Killing everyone for the gold medal is damn hard and a real brain teaser, but I like the game lets you proceed nonetheless, only constraints being you have to kill a certain minimum number of people including 3 specific ones.
It's cool you can tap on almost everyone/everything and there is always a mini story about it.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
My indie sense did half good with this one. Told me to cancel my purchase and play Hollow Knight (bought it in the last Steam sale along with Ori) since i upgraded to Win10 two days ago and can play it with a DS4 wiressly now, so i did. But today TeamCherry announced new content so i dont know if i should go go a store and buy Ni No Kuni 2 at all now or start with Ori and buy NNK2 at a later date

That's a tough call but Ori is one of my favorite games of all time so if you don't think you'd play NNK2 anytime soon, I'd just wait and play Ori.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Bragging time.
I feel like I'm the ruler of the universe....I've just fully completed Kingdom New lands (currently on the bonus level, Skull island).

What an incredible game.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
That's a tough call but Ori is one of my favorite games of all time so if you don't think you'd play NNK2 anytime soon, I'd just wait and play Ori.

Ori and the Blind Forest it is then

Bragging time.
I feel like I'm the ruler of the universe....I've just fully completed Kingdom New lands (currently on the bonus level, Skull island).

What an incredible game.

Skull Island is not optional, is the last most challenging island. One left sorry

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Island is not optional, is the last most challenging island. One left sorry

Well what I meant is that I actually saw the ending credits, and unlocked everything.
Skull island was just recently added and as far as I know is a timed super challenging island with no new things to discover (you can't even build the boat).
Only thing you'll unlock I think is the skull banner if you beat it before time runs out (not sure tough...I saw a huge sandglass that I think freeze time but I'm not sure)...but anyway I've already cleaned the right part but the huge portal...so I'm on my way to conquer it too :)

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Well what I meant is that I actually saw the ending credits, and unlocked everything.
Skull island was just recently added and as far as I know is a timed super challenging island with no new things to discover (you can't even build the boat).
Only thing you'll unlock I think is the skull banner if you beat it before time runs out (not sure tough...I saw a huge sandglass that I think freeze time but I'm not sure)...but anyway I've already cleaned the right part but the huge portal...so I'm on my way to conquer it too :)

Envy flow trough my veins now

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Envy flow trough my veins now

If it can be of help, I've just been slaughtered.
Problem of the island is that it's too small and basically without people to hire.
Thinking of redoing island 5 just to bring in skull island the baker, though I'm not sure it's possible (I had it but forgot to board him, if possible).

Amazing game anyway, super deep and with tons of possibilities, and always different...you are always on the move.