• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the monthly mobile gaming thread, where we discuss the best and most interesting titles coming to iOS and Android each and every month. From sales, to exciting new releases, to promising games in the works, mobile gaming is vast and growing medium, with entries in genres of every fashion, premium and free alike.

The main post will contain recommended games that released during the previous month. All the games listed will have been highlighted by the ERA community in one way or another. This way you can keep tabs on the best games and at the same time curate an excellent resource to look back on to find games you may have missed.

Additional resources for games released during 2017, 2016, and prior will be available soon.

_____________________________________________________________________________​

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
CMbcD46.png
J9V2bpw.png
Fjl81nF.png

Warhammer Quest 2
App Store
Site | $4.99

In Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times, you will lead your warriors across a war torn land and into dungeons for wealth and glory! Swing swords, fire arrows and cast spells as you fight through the denizens of Chaos. Success in battle is rewarded with new weapons, armours, skills and treasure.
Be on your guard as you travel through a world in turmoil. The road holds danger for the heedless traveller, but rich rewards for the wary. Visit towns to barter in markets, level up your warriors and discover new quests.
520x293bb.jpg
Campfire Cooking
App Store
Site | $3.99

Campfire Cooking is a puzzle game about relaxing moments in nature, as you prepare meals over a warm fire. Discover the joy of cooking on a stick and test your problem-solving skills with some challenging campfire puzzles! The latest creation from Layton Hawkes is guaranteed to make you feel clever, hungry and eager to book your next woodland escape.
520x293bb.jpg
The Talos Principle
App Store | Google Play
Site | $4.99

With the innovative tap-and-swipe control system that immediately feels natural, an engaging story and challenging puzzles The Talos Principle is a full-fledged game with over 20 hours of content and entertainment, be it a short challenge for the brain or an entire afternoon filled with exploration and excitement. To round the experience out - the combination of Metal API and the cutting-edge Serious Engine ensures jaw-dropping graphics and amazing performance on iOS devices.
520x293bb.jpg
Halcyon 6
App Store
Site | $6.99

On the edge of Terran space lies Halcyon 6, a derelict starbase left behind by a mysterious precursor race. Your mission is to reclaim the derelict station and rebuild it.A mysterious alien force is making a beeline towards Earth and this starbase is the best chance for the New Terran Federation to establish new alliances, research new technologies and otherwise figure out a way to stop the impending invasion. Using only the resources you can salvage from the derelict station and gathered from nearby star systems, it's up to you to rebuild the starbase to lead the Terran Republic's scientific research, exploration and diplomatic efforts on the edge of known space.
520x293bb.jpg
Underhand
App Store | Google Play
Site | Free
Underhand is a CCG (Cultist Card Game) that puts you into the role of a cult leader. Your job is to manage your cult's resources effectively as you respond to different event cards drawn from the deck. How you respond to these events will determine how far you'll go-- will you succeed in summoning one, or maybe even all of the Ancient Ones? Or will you be just another would-be upstart falling prey to the trials and tribulations of time? Only you can decide!
392x696bb.jpg
Turn Undead
App Store
Site | Free

Take on Dracula and his legion of monsters in this turn based action puzzle platformer.
520x293bb.jpg
Dragon Hills 2
App Store | Google Play
Site | $2.99

Slide down the hills jumping into and out of the ground, crashing and destroying everything on your way in this action-packed adventure.
Discover thrilling and magical lands filled with zombies, giants, dragons and tons of surprises.
520x293bb.jpg
Push
App Store | Google Play
Site | $0.99

New puzzler from the creators of "Klocki", "Zenge", "Hook" and "Art of Gravity".
Like our previous games, its intended to be a relaxing experience, thus there are no points, stars, tutorials, move counters.
Your goal is to push all the buttons.
How do you do it? Well, thats the puzzle...
520x293bb.jpg
Night of the Full Moon
App Store | Google Play
Site | $1.99
Night of the Full Moon is a premium indie trading card game adapted from the story of Little Red Riding Hood with a tribute to Grimm's Fairy Tales. The exciting story will be revealed as you progress through various card battles with unique monsters, and the game's ending will be different based on the choices you take in the game. Come and start your adventure!
392x696bb.jpg
Returner 77
App Store
Site | $4.99

You are the last of 77 chosen survivors. You left Earth in the last days of the Crystal War. Your task was clear: return when the Earth is livable again and rebuild mankind. But why is your space pod docked to the alien spaceship? And what happened on Earth?
As you explore the alien spaceship, deserted and unfamiliar, you find video messages left behind by Colonel Ling - your only link to the human race which will die without you.
But who is she? What happened to her? And can you find her?
It is a thought-through, mystery-packed, page turning and emotional adventure.
Statues-No-Logo.jpg
Engine-Puzzle-No-Logo.jpg
Icey
App Store | Google Play
Site | $2.99
ICEY is a 2D side-scrolling action game. As you follow the narrator's omnipresent voice, you will see through ICEY's eyes and learn the truth about her world.
520x293bb.jpg
Cmplt
App Store | Google Play
Site | Free

Can you g_ess what's missing?
C_mpl_t_.
125 handcrafted pixel puzzles.
392x696bb.jpg
Into The Dead 2
App Store | Google Play
Site | Free
Journey through the zombie apocalypse in a race to save your family. Arm yourself with an arsenal of powerful weapons and do whatever it takes to survive. Maim, mow down, and massacre the Dead - anything to keep moving! In a world where no one is safe, how far will you go to make it out alive?
520x293bb.jpg
Kick Ass Commandos
App Store | Google Play
Site | $2.99

Lock and Load! It's time to Kick Ass. Grab your machine-gun, flamethrower, rocket launcher and grenades. Assault the enemy bases and free commandos to join your team while you destroy everything in sight.
The enemy has grown bold in spreading their highly-addictive Krystal Yayo across the global, which is turning everyone into mindless, zombie like hordes. If the enemy is not stopped soon and all the Krystal Yayo destroyed, the world as we know it will be no more. You have been chosen to lead the ultimate mission across the global to rescue your comrades, wipe out all of the enemy's production of Krystal Yayo, and kill everyone else you encounter!
Good luck commando!
520x293bb.jpg
Loot & Dodge
App Store | Google Play
Site | Free

Swipe to loot. Swipe to dodge.
LOOT AND DODGE.
392x696bb.jpg

UPCOMING RELEASES

Memoranda (iOS) - November 1st
38CYXGil.jpg

Monument Valley 2 (Android) - November 6th
ErBPtyyl.png

Foolball (iOS) - November 9th
snMjR3Gl.jpg

Duke Dashington Remastered (iOS) - November 9th
RilZpPgl.png

Catan Universe (iOS/Android) - November 15th
pEI9ivkl.jpg

Game Dev Tycoon (iOS/Android) - November 28th
KA7Uabrl.png

Brave Hand (iOS/Android)
n9XxX3Gl.jpg

Cally's Caves 4 (iOS)
spO4TIrl.jpg

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so thankful you're here, More_Badass! Really appreciated your curation of this and indie games back at the old place.

Excited for what this thread brings.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks as usual and I'm hoping we'll all end up on the same board!
(Thanks to Pitta as well for the code!)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I got an email from Ironhide Games Studio regarding new content coming to Iron Marines already:
On November 9th we'll be facing some new challenges and with them some difficult missions.

We'll have to fight over 4 more stages! Hacking Rob070 backup system to discover his darkest secrets. We'll also have to adventure in some undiscovered Sagan-1 lands. All we know is that the Fell are involved!

Luckily for us we have some new allies by our side!

There are 2 new premium heroes: Paifeng, the Monastic Warrior and Trabuco, word says he is the hardest and toughest alien (yikes!).

Heads up! This is just the beginning... The Iron Marines team is fixing some last minute bugs and working hard for the next big expansion!
Only 4 new stages coming on the 9th, but I wasn't expecting to get anything that soon, so that's pretty cool. Iron Marines felt a bit lacking in content compared to the Kingdom Rush games (even compared to their base compaigns), so I'm definitely looking forward to having some new missions. Hopefully they'll be longer or at least tougher tactically. I feel like most of the regular stages I choose the same units I usually pick and do just fine without having to vary up my strategies.

I haven't liked many of the heroes in Iron Marines (out of the 4 free ones and the 3 I bought in a pack, I only really kinda like about half of them, with only one being a favorite), so I do wish at least one of the new heroes was a free one, but at least the new missions will be free.

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
Having only lurked for years before, I now feel the strong urge to let you guys know just how much your enthusiasm has fueled my iOS gaming passion over the course of the last five or so years. Having you cluttered all over the web would have been a nightmare and put a huge dent into this hobby. So Pitta , More_Badass and the rest of you guys, I salute you!

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
More_Badass!!!! I was asking where the Ios thread was yesterday and couldn't get any info. I feared you were gone and it was dead. Ive lurked the thread for years and was a sometimes poster - thank you!!! Truly feels like home now with this thread up.

On Topic: I never bought Halcyon 6 on Steam, though I vaguely remember drama about it being unfinished or not great. Is this wrong? Can anyone recommend it? I love the idea and watched a video. Just making sure since it isn't super cheap.

Also: anyone like Kairosoft games? I somehow missed High Seas Saga release and have been playing it. Having a lot of fun. If you like Kairo games you know what you are getting :)

Lastly, I wish Kairosoft would make Game Dev Story 2. It has been begged for, for years and I've never seen any news about it happening :/

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
On Topic: I never bought Halcyon 6 on Steam, though I vaguely remember drama about it being unfinished or not great. Is this wrong? Can anyone recommend it? I love the idea and watched a video. Just making sure since it isn't super cheap.
I reviewed it over on Pocket Gamer
While Halcyon 6 doesn't do anything particularly new, its sci-fi strategy is very well executed.

And yes, these threads will live on! Mobile gaming is only getting better.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I reviewed it over on Pocket Gamer

And yes, these threads will live on! Mobile gaming is only getting better.

Thanks! I had no idea you were on Pocketgamer. I go there and TouchArcade when I have to but mostly stick to this thread or have for years at least =) Agreed! I wish more of the gaming community would embrace mobile not as some horrible thing that will take over and ruin their console games, but as a complement to their other games. There are experiences on mobile that are unique to the platform and I just go wherever the good games are (which happens to be, ALL platforms to varying degrees lol)

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! My watched threads list feels complete. Thanks for the op.

Has anyone played Campfire Cooking? I have a love/hate relationship with Stephen's Sausage Roll (as I think everyone did:) This obviously reminds me of that, but is the game quite as tough?

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! My watched threads list feels complete. Thanks for the op.

Has anyone played Campfire Cooking? I have a love/hate relationship with Stephen's Sausage Roll (as I think everyone did:) This obviously reminds me of that, but is the game quite as tough?
No, it's not. It's similar in the sense of needing to maneuver an object to cook both sides, but the mechanics are very different. In Campfire, the marshmallows are held on poles you manipulate; same can only be moved in certain directions, other can be rotated around corners, and the size and shape of the map plays a crucial role in how you can move poles. Other mechanics are introduced with each chapter, and overall the game had been decently challenging but fair.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that Turn Undead game has way too many ads to be enjoyable. And no option to get rid of them. Ashame. Deleted.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, interesting. I assumed it was F2P with IAP to remove ads - guess not. I think an ad pops-up at the end of each level.

They also pop up when you die. And it's a little clunky in controls so I was dying a lot at first. But still don't like forced video ads in particular, even if they are at just once a level.

This on the other hand is kinda fun. And has a $1.99 IAP to remove ads. Haven't played enough yet to decide to get that. Does seem a bit light on content considering how short the levels are. That said I'm sure the difficulty picks up enough to make it last longer than it looks.

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
They also pop up when you die. And it's a little clunky in controls so I was dying a lot at first. But still don't like forced video ads in particular, even if they are at just once a level.

Nitrome couldnt add the IAP in time for halloween so is in the pipeline (said on Twitter). I like it. Ads are there but they arent video ads just plan ads that can be removed with a single tap and not having to wait. Theres that at least. But there are a ton of them i agree maybe too many

This on the other hand is kinda fun. And has a $1.99 IAP to remove ads. Haven't played enough yet to decide to get that. Does seem a bit light on content considering how short the levels are. That said I'm sure the difficulty picks up enough to make it last longer than it looks.

Agreed! Im liking it a lot

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Nitrome couldnt add the IAP in time for halloween so is in the pipeline (said on Twitter). I like it. Ads are there but they arent video ads just plan ads that can be removed with a single tap and not having to wait. Theres that at least. But there are a ton of them i agree maybe too many

That's odd because there were most definitely video ads for me. That's why I hated it so much. Having to wait 10-30 seconds every time.

Maybe it depends on the region where the ads are being sourced?

Might revisit it if they ad an IAP to get rid of them.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
That's odd because there were most definitely video ads for me. That's why I hated it so much. Having to wait 10-30 seconds every time.

Maybe it depends on the region where the ads are being sourced?

Might revisit it if they ad an IAP to get rid of them.

Maybe? That still sounds weird but possible since we dont hace unlimited cellphone data here. The game is great dont miss it. I will post when the update is ready to be downloaded

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Tower Fortress submitted, coming in November.

Crashbots coming November 2nd. Beta tested and is a new take on runners. Mighty good.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's not. It's similar in the sense of needing to maneuver an object to cook both sides, but the mechanics are very different. In Campfire, the marshmallows are held on poles you manipulate; same can only be moved in certain directions, other can be rotated around corners, and the size and shape of the map plays a crucial role in how you can move poles. Other mechanics are introduced with each chapter, and overall the game had been decently challenging but fair.
Cool, thanks. That sounds good. I was hoping for a game I felt I had at least some chance at.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
YES - welcome everyone! Was waiting for this to open up.

I've got my iPhone X on pre-order and some exciting stuff on deck:

Arena of Valor - November. Finally the GOAT mobile MOBA hits US. So stoked.

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp - November. Finally, a mobile Sims game that doesn't look terrible.

Catan Universe - November. I really hope this is good & robust, would be an easy way to get MP games with a lot of friends.

2018:
Scythe & Terraforming Mars are apparently coming to iOS - both are AAA board games and look great:

pic3432728_md.jpg

along with some other great titles like Zombicide:

ad-zomb-scyth-terra.jpg

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Scythe is based on the awesome world of 1920+, which is The Great War with mechs

There's also a console/PC RTS in the world based on that

jakub-rozalski-1920-scythe-finall-27art.jpg

uxpoiZ0.gif

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I made it in! Yay yay! Need to fix my avatar but I'll do that later...

Yeah the ad thing in Turn Undead is a bit annoying. Though I only had movies play when I died and I wanted to continue from where I left off instead of restarting the level over again.

Last edited:

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I need help! I'm getting a new iphone and either going to get an 8+ or an X. I use my phone mainly for mobile gaming. Is there a clear choice as to which i should get for games??

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
I need help! I'm getting a new iphone and either going to get an 8+ or an X. I use my phone mainly for mobile gaming. Is there a clear choice as to which i should get for games??

Well, X obviously would be nice but really either would be fine. Heck, I'm on an 6S+ and there hasn't been any game it wouldn't run. Don't see there being much anytime soon either.

Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of mobile games here, especially RPGs and tactical RPGs. I was absent from the other site for years, so I guess this is "Hello" for me.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Both phones have the same processor but the X has a bigger screen and higher quality display. I mean, if you have cash to burn then the X is probably the best option but I personally think the 8+ might be a more fiscal option.

Ketch

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Everything is right in the world. Thanks for yet another great OP MB, keep that mobile game train going.

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
Woo! I'm approved and happy to be part of the iOS gaming community here.

I've been captivated by Warhammer Quest 2, and it's been getting the bulk of my iOS gaming hours. With Mario and a new Switch, it may taper off for a few weeks but I look forward to continuing with WQ2.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all need to check out Simulacra, it's a good Halloween game. IMO the best "you're searching through someone's phone" game yet within that subgenre

Basil

Oct 27, 2017

Probably the 8 plus. You have better battery life and the screen is larger once you minus the ears from the X. I'd suggest you head into an Apple store to try the X next to an 8 plus next week and see which you prefer, as they usually have a number of games on their store devices. Delaying your decision until you see them in person will probably mean a longer wait for X if that's what you ultimately decide upon, but they're already out of stock anyway so the difference will probably relatively small.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Thanks for all of the advice. I have the cash to burn but was worried about that notch thing for gaming. I guess if the insides are good on both I'll go check them out in an Apple store. I wonder how much the OLED display will make a difference for graphics

Oct 27, 2017
Lovely to get to this new home and very pleased to see a lot of familiar avatars.
This month I've become totally obsessed with Time Recoil. It's like Hotline Miami / Mr Shifty. Definitely scratches that twitch itch for me.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Big fan of mobile games here, especially RPGs and tactical RPGs. I was absent from the other site for years, so I guess this is "Hello" for me.

I remember and always enjoyed your posts from the other site. Very happy to see you around these parts now. Welcome home. ;)

Are you into Warhammer Quest 2 these days? I've been a bit busy these past few days and haven't gotten to play as much but I hope to get back into it tonight. Cool to see it updated though, and hope t solves the issues people have been having with it crashing.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Any good idle/clicker games released recently? Android or iOS. I've found those types of games are best for wasting the short breaks here and there at work.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I liked but never finished "A normal lost phone", how different is the game from that one?
Sara Is Missing and Simulacra are like Her Story in that they're FMV and really try to mirror the look of a phone (similar to how Her Story replicates a desktop)

Simulacra even has a fake internet browser and Facebook/Twitter-style app. And it's a straight up unnerving horror mystery.