• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Monument Valley 2 is on sale, but I haven't completed the first one and have no intention to.

I wish The Witness would go on sale.

Oct 25, 2017
How does the Witness play on a 7 (regular, not plus)? I really want to play the game and my commute seems like the right place, but I'm somewhat concerned about screen real estate.

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, thought FM 2018 Touch wasn't supposed to come out yesterday. Seems it's coming out tomorrow.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Planescape Torment is now on sale for $6.99

The digital board game Forbidden Desert, follow up to Forbidden Island, on sale for $1.99

The fantastic and original Age of Empires-inspired deck-building game Age of Rivals is $1.99

Tower of Fortune 2, iOS's finest hidden gem, is now $.99

David Sirlin's fighting game card game Yomi is on sale for $4.99

Kairosoft's Pocket League Story & Pocket Stables are $.99

More sales:
Dust: An Elysian Tale $2.99
Out There $.99
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 $4.99
Icewind Dale $4.99

Last edited:

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
I grabbed Arkanoid vs Space Invaders for $1 before heading to the train... only to find out the game downloads more on launch. I should know better by now, but I hate when games do that.

Game itself is pretty cool.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ooh, just noticed this thread. Nice. I'm gonna subscribe.

Planescape EE is on sale on Google Play atm. Has anyone played it on phones? How does it look? I have an S8+, and the thought of having one of my favourite games with me at all time is very tempting.

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven again recently. It's not your typical CYOA/interactive fiction games; it's more of an RPG, with tons of stats, equipment, character relationships, etc

Here's the amount of options you have very early in the first act

88DCY8O.jpg

HfA2hR1.jpg

Some stats

Going to try do my first playthrough as an amoral manipulative former-con artist

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh, just noticed this thread. Nice. I'm gonna subscribe.

Planescape EE is on sale on Google Play atm. Has anyone played it on phones? How does it look? I have an S8+, and the thought of having one of my favourite games with me at all time is very tempting.
Was looking at getting that myself, but can't decide between my iPad and my android phone.

It's cheaper on Android, but a review on the Play store mentioned that the game is an older version compared to the iOS and PC releases, but the development responded saying they're working on it.

But I think I might go for the iOS version since it'll probably play better on a larger screen that my iPad Mini has.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at getting that myself, but can't decide between my iPad and my android phone.

It's cheaper on Android, but a review on the Play store mentioned that the game is an older version compared to the iOS and PC releases, but the development responded saying they're working on it.

But I think I might go for the iOS version since it'll probably play better on a larger screen that my iPad Mini has.

If you have a choice, I'd definitely recommend playing it on a tablet. Any of these CRPG ports, like Planescape, Baldur's Gate, etc., have some tiny menus and text. I've heard they're playable on phones but I'd say it would be a far better experience the bigger screen you can play it on.

The only similar game that works well on phones is Ember, but that was made from the ground up on mobile.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks!

Speaking of hidden objects, are there more games that are worth buying aside Hidden Folks? I was looking to buy one for my kid (3) but the App Store seems to be overflown with crap and Hidden Folks is definitely hard for a child his age.

Little Things® Forever by KLICKTOCK https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/little-things-forever/id520762327?mt=8

Little Things Forever is a great fun hidden object game for kids and adults.

My fiancée and I played it years ago together and had a blast. We also played it with her 4 year old nephew (at the time) and he was able to pick it up with little to no issue.

We're fond of hidden folks, too, but Little Things scratches a more immediate "find things" itch.

Wholly recommended!

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
has anyone played hitman go?

how is it?

Im looking for some fun games for my note 8. no in game purchases!
One of the best puzzle games on mobile. Lara Croft Go is a better example of distillation, but Hitman Go is still an amazing debut of that concept. It and Lara Croft are the gold standards for how to translate a larger franchise to a mobile-friendly reinterpretation. They both capture the essences of their parent series while distilling that essence to turn-based puzzle form.

So in other words, Hitman Go is really good

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Tower Fortress is super fun and the controls work so well I made the buttons invisible just because it looks better, lol. This is exactly what I want from mobile gaming, or gaming in general (I might double dip on PC). I'm also loving Turn Undead! Nitrome games are consistently great.

omega

Nov 8, 2017
Madrid
Little Things® Forever by KLICKTOCK https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/little-things-forever/id520762327?mt=8

Little Things Forever is a great fun hidden object game for kids and adults.

My fiancée and I played it years ago together and had a blast. We also played it with her 4 year old nephew (at the time) and he was able to pick it up with little to no issue.

We're fond of hidden folks, too, but Little Things scratches a more immediate "find things" itch.

Wholly recommended!

Say no more, I've just bought it. Thank you very much!

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017

Hey, I didn't have the time to reply yesterday but thanks for this beautiful list of solid games, just what I expected from you ;-)
And I'm flattered you remember me !

So far, as the ipad reception has been quite chaotic and I was tired, I can just say that at first glance the little thing is quite superb. Fast loading and more memory, pen and paper rpg are a joy to read and comic books are... erm... glorious. Demanding games are now quiet too. Impressed. Just annoyed that I decided to install ios 11 and after the fact discovered that Appzapp is not compatible and that I'm now without a good pricing app on my brand new ipad.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I'm thinking of selling my iPad Pro and living without iOS for a year. I've been checking my Android phone and there's at least games like Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic, Final Fantasy Tactics, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Microsoft Solitaire, Card Crawl and Card Thief. Saw Mini Metro and Don't Starve are on there too so I bought them on sale. Thinking of Football Manager 2018 Mobile unless Touch is coming out for phones and not only tablets?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
There's some good sales but have to say overall the App Store Black Friday has been largely underwhelming. Most of the deals have been on things that are on sale regularly.

Maybe we'll see more Cyber Monday?

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am disappointed too. Most games were on sale before, even cheaper. Picked up Splitter Critters though.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Oh man, I'm thinking of selling my iPad Pro and living without iOS for a year. I've been checking my Android phone and there's at least games like Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic, Final Fantasy Tactics, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, Microsoft Solitaire, Card Crawl and Card Thief. Saw Mini Metro and Don't Starve are on there too so I bought them on sale. Thinking of Football Manager 2018 Mobile unless Touch is coming out for phones and not only tablets?
I'll be on iOS for a while since I bought my iPhone like 3 months ago, but honestly I'm thinking on going back to Android for my next phone. No complains about iOS at all, but I'm getting a bit bored, and the reason why I switched to iPhone was because the iPhone 5 line featured the only compact phones with nice specs. Now it's likely that the opposite will happen, Apple hasn't announced a SE 2 while Android is getting compact flagship phones (I'm mostly eyeing the Xperia phones). Some games are still iOS only, but on Android you can play some of the best mobile games that will forever be stuck in 32bit hell, and emulation is in itself a nice trade-off.

I wish I could justify owning an iPhone and an Android phone at the same time since I'm not really into tablets, lol.

Last edited:

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
I'll be on iOS for a while since I bought my iPhone like 3 months ago, but honestly I'm thinking on going back to Android for my next phone. No complains about iOS at all, but I'm getting a bit bored, and the reason why I switched to iPhone was because the iPhone 5 line featured the only compact phones with nice specs. Now it's likely that the opposite will happen, Apple hasn't announced a SE 2 while Android is getting compact flagship phones (I'm mostly eyeing the Xperia phones). Some games are still iOS only, but on Android you can play some of the best mobile games that will forever be stuck in 32bit hell, and emulation is in itself a nice trade-off.

I wish I could justify owning an iPhone and an Android phone at the same time since I'm not really into tablets, lol.

New iPhone SE2 with 4" coming out in 2018

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm damn, Hero Emblems is an iOS exclusive? Do we know if the sequel is coming out for Android too?

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Hey, I didn't have the time to reply yesterday but thanks for this beautiful list of solid games, just what I expected from you ;-)
And I'm flattered you remember me !

So far, as the ipad reception has been quite chaotic and I was tired, I can just say that at first glance the little thing is quite superb. Fast loading and more memory, pen and paper rpg are a joy to read and comic books are... erm... glorious. Demanding games are now quiet too. Impressed. Just annoyed that I decided to install ios 11 and after the fact discovered that Appzapp is not compatible and that I'm now without a good pricing app on my brand new ipad.

:)
Use this link for AppZapp. Not iPad native but works.

AppZapp Notify - Avvisi personali per le nuove app e le app scontate di ConIT AG https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/appzapp-notify-avvisi-personali-per-le-nuove-app-e/id845046425?mt=8

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it was overlooked the last time I asked, but why don't we collect & share our AppZapp user names how we used to share the Appshopper ones? It would be great to see what others watch and buy, I think.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Maybe it was overlooked the last time I asked, but why don't we collect & share our AppZapp user names how we used to share the Appshopper ones? It would be great to see what others watch and buy, I think.

I don't know how exactely it works but I'm Pitta.
Also my list isn't not very managed...I just dump there things I'm just curious about to check them when free because I know I won't really play them at the moment.
Generally I buy immediately what really interest me.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Since there were a few people asking about TDs, thought I'd mention that all the Kingdom Rush games are on sale for $.99.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Hadn't played with my iPad Mini in a while and was trying to remove a tiny bit of dust/dirt, but apparently it's UNDER the screen! Noooo!

Usually pretty meticulous when it comes to my devices, but I've had this one longer than most electronics I own so it's less of a big deal for me. If I switch my background to a dark one then I doubt I'll even notice it.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
GRID Autosport is out in NZ. Guessing it should pop up in the US later tonight.

Supposedly will run on a 6S but dev won't promise it to be smooth. Not sure if I'll take that chance.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
One of the best puzzle games on mobile. Lara Croft Go is a better example of distillation, but Hitman Go is still an amazing debut of that concept. It and Lara Croft are the gold standards for how to translate a larger franchise to a mobile-friendly reinterpretation. They both capture the essences of their parent series while distilling that essence to turn-based puzzle form.

So in other words, Hitman Go is really good

thanks. I grabbed both. 3 bucks for the two. Look forward to trying them.

Im also gunna grab roller coaster tycoon classic.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
How's Farming Simulator (2018) generally on an iPad? Is it the full in-depth version from PC or has it been altered in some way?

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought a Galaxy Note 8. Very new to mobile gaming. Any must-play roguelikes on Android? I downloaded some of the recommendations in the thread already.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm gonna finally buy Darkest Dungeon. But watching a little bit of a Let's Play, isn't it possible to name your own characters? It would make my quest so much more personal.