• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hoo boy Netmarble. Dunno if their devs are aware with what's happening in the industry. They released a 'Loot box' in Marvel Future Fight called Ultimate Hero Chest and you can get three of the new update Heroes there... and only there. Not in Biometrics sub or anywhere else. Just in that box. The catch is, other Heroes can also be obtained in the box so it's a massive RNG box.

Now the community is on a riot.

I don't think it'll be as big as BF2 but it weirds me out that it's another game from a Disney owned franchise. @@
Future Fight being influenced by Contest of Champions. I would have thought it would be the other way around with Netmarble running both of them but hey, I'm not really a betting man.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Is the FF15 mobile port still supposed to be out sometime this year? I can't remember what Square said.

Been playing AC a lot. Think I'm starting to cool on it a bit, I do like it though. Fun and relaxing if quite mindless.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, according to the FF15 ATR thing going on right now the mobile version has been pushed back to sometime during the winter season.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
The new Carcassonne released on Android and Steam. $1.99 for the first 30 days after that it will go up. The Abbot expansion is free with a login with your Asmodee account, the River can be bought for 99 cents.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asmodeedigital.carcassonne

Whoa. Does this affect Coding Monkey's Carcassone on iOS at all? Which of course is a fantastic version, but never had many expansions. I wonder how the Asmodee version will be supported.

Oynox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoa. Does this affect Coding Monkey's Carcassone on iOS at all? Which of course is a fantastic version, but never had many expansions. I wonder how the Asmodee version will be supported.
Coding Monkey have the exclusive right for Carcassonne's distribution on iOS afaik. Also, they are working on new expansions for the next year. I am pretty sure that we will never see cross play multiplayer though. I guess Asmodee is quite pissed that they cannot sell their Carcassonne on iOS.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
Coding Monkey have the exclusive right for Carcassonne's distribution on iOS afaik. Also, they are working on new expansions for the next year. I am pretty sure that we will never see cross play multiplayer though. I guess Asmodee is quite pissed that they cannot sell their Carcassonne on iOS.
While I get why they would be upset, I'm happy with Coding Monkey's (this isn't like Ubisoft's terrible Tetris versus Sega's Puyo Puyo Tetris...). Especially if they plan on new expansions. Not having cross play is a loss, but this being Asmodee is their Carcassonne asynchronous?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Looks great. Have you tried it? If so, whats the iap for?

Played a bit of the Android version because I was worried about the IAPs. It's F2P on Google Play, but also early access (not officially released).

Gameplay is fun. Better than Ocmo IMO. But so far the levels are almost too short.

That version is also a little rough and has ads which will be removed with any purchase. Those purchases are for currency that you can buy powerups with.

Not sure about the iOS release. I imagine there are no ads with it being paid but probably similar IAPs with coins.

Will play a bit more but not sold on it enough yet to get the iOS version.

I am thinking about getting this, which looks like a cool twist on tower defense and dual-stick shooters.

Cereus by Casey Weeks https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cereus/id1283767492?mt=8

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I am thinking about getting this, which looks like a cool twist on tower defense and dual-stick shooters.

Looks interesting. Had no idea what it was like until I found a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRi70QGRcA

You protect the center of the screen by doing one of three actions. Tapping on enemies to kill them, swiping to make line barriers that block enemies, and tapping and holding to drop an AOE bomb.

I'll wait to see some more impressions before jumping on it, but it does look solid.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
GRID™ Autosport di Feral Interactive Ltd https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/grid-autosport/id1179421849?mt=8

Out worldwide.

EDIT: beaten.
This game needs a thread of its own. The entire Grid game was ported to iOS, that's insane. Interested to know if it has any graphics options? IIRC when they ported Bioshock over a few years back it didn't turn out to be so pretty. It's great to see PC/console ports to mobile, Feral said they have more games coming for mobile.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really wish Digital Foundry would do some videos on those new console ports (The Witness, Talos Principle, Grid).

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I saw it some time ago but still clueless about what to do in that game. Seems like a clicker to me

It's definitely not a clicker. It's kind of a puzzle game. The mechanics are pretty simple but it's more about everything that happens around the mechanics.

I got it and played one game. I didn't really understand what was going on. Feeling a little disappointed now...

Can you explain what i'm meant to be doing?

How long did your first game last? Fundamentally you're just tapping onions but try to get double crosses and just keep playing until things start to happen. It's bonkers. I love it.

Might not be for everyone though.

I wouldn't say I understand it just yet. I do love it, though. Ahahaha

Guv_Bubbs

Oct 25, 2017
NZ
How long did your first game last? Fundamentally you're just tapping onions but try to get double crosses and just keep playing until things start to happen. It's bonkers. I love it.

I got up to the second boss maybe? Or third.

I guess I wasn't sure of the balance between tapping everything and trying to make double or better.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Played a bit of the Android version because I was worried about the IAPs. It's F2P on Google Play, but also early access (not officially released).

Gameplay is fun. Better than Ocmo IMO. But so far the levels are almost too short.

That version is also a little rough and has ads which will be removed with any purchase. Those purchases are for currency that you can buy powerups with.

Not sure about the iOS release. I imagine there are no ads with it being paid but probably similar IAPs with coins.

Will play a bit more but not sold on it enough yet to get the iOS version.

Watched a gameplay video and wasnt very fond of what i saw

It's definitely not a clicker. It's kind of a puzzle game. The mechanics are pretty simple but it's more about everything that happens around the mechanics.

Looks good and seems fun. Im in! Downloading

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
Does it have the (simple yet effective) humor of GDStory? It all looks so sterile... a big part of GDS for me was its charme, looking at the trailer the gameplay is more or less the same? Does it add much depth?

It takes a lot of element from Game Dev Story including the actual history of the consoles and that's where you'll find some humor. Otherwise it adds a bit more depth with different upgrades and another leveling system but that's pretty much it so far. It's still quite addictive.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, ya like Kairosoft?

Anime Studio Story is on sale for $1.99. If you liked Game Dev Story this one is basically the same game.

Mega Mall Story is on sale for $1 and it's probably my favorite Kairosoft game after Game Dev and quite different from most of their offerings. Reminiscent of Tiny Tower but not F2P bullshit.