• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Rebellion has just released worldwide, no idea what it's like - https://itunes.apple.com/ph/app/assassins-creed-rebellion/id1164056434
Looks like a mix of Fallout Shelter, the parts of Assassin's Creed where you assign Assassin's on missions, and the chibi graphics of FFXV Mobile.
I've been playing it for months as part of a beta. It's a idle game, very little sim elements in it besides building/upgrading some rooms to make cool downs quicker and outfit your assassins that run missions more powerful.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best Tin Man Game/Choose your own adventure style game for Ios? I just saw some of those games are on sale and I was always intrigued to try one.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm obsessed.

e4Qv2vJ.png

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Damn Assassin's Creed Rebellion looks great on the new iPad Pros. First game I've played that properly supports it. Running at 120hz at native res it seems.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
first time on sale:

Oddmar $4.99 —> $2.99
Suzy Cube
$3.99 —> $0.99
Mushroom 11
$4.99 —> $1.99

on sale for the lowest price yet:

XCOM: Enemy Within $9.99 —> $1.99
Civilization Revolution 2
$9.99 —> $1.99
Thumper
$4.99 —> $1.99
Pigeon Wings
$0.99 —> $0.99
Gorogoa
$4.99 —> $2.99
Dandara
$13.99 —> $6.99

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $9.99 —> $2.99 (first time since Dec. '16)
Old Man's Journey $4.99 —> $1.99 (first time since Christmas '17)

OP
OP
More_Badass

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best Tin Man Game/Choose your own adventure style game for Ios? I just saw some of those games are on sale and I was always intrigued to try one.
Which have you played already, if any?

The best IMO would be:
- Sorcery series (all four, your choices and items carry over across games)
- 80 Days
- Zombie Exodus and Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven
- Ryan North's To Be Or Not To Be

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Im hearing that this one has IAP for heroes, coins and PREMIUM TOWERS :(

Yeah, looked at the list of IAPs on the App Store and it isn't pretty.

BTW, not only are IAPs once again listed on the App Store but they are there all at once (previously it seemed they wouldn't appear until someone purchased each one).

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
holy...there are a lot of cool-looking mobile games...then again not everything is on android...sad..

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

BTW, not only are IAPs once again listed on the App Store but they are there all at once (previously it seemed they wouldn't appear until someone purchased each one).

Yeah, it seems like the AppStore reintroduced that feature back again after so many years. Good.

Yep. It follows in the footsteps of Iron Marines. You don't need to pay attention to any of it to get through the game, but it's annoying that it's there.

Definitely annoying.

So...

I will wait for the Steam release...

Have A LOT on my plate already.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
holy...there are a lot of cool-looking mobile games...then again not everything is on android...sad..

I mean it's no real solution carrying two devices simultaneously, but the last iPod touch should suffice to enjoy most games (leave out extremely graphic hungry beasts like GRID Autosport). "Back in the day" the iPod touch was my alternative to an expensive iPhone.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
This is a silly question, but what's the closest thing to this year's Gorogoa? In terms of universal critical acclaim. I played Donut County already.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

Hmm, premium towers is a little concerning, but I believe this game has like double the number of towers compared to the past games (16 vs 8) assuming they're counting the final upgrade of the tower as a different tower.

I'll play it for a bit and check back in about it (I'm flying today so this'll be perfect for the plane).

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so I'm a few levels into Kingdom Rush Vengeance, and there's really not much to worry about, it's definitely still the Kingdom Rush that we know and love.

Main change is that you have a load out of 5 towers (instead of the 8 you always had in the past games, the 4 base ones X the 2 final upgrades), but once you unlock them all, you'll have 11 tiers to choose from (3 more than the past games).

Yes, there are 5 paid towers now, but they mostly seem like tweaks on towers that have been in past games, like one that causes enemies to become zombies (like the Necromancer in the second game), or one that's a mage death ray (like the one in the first game), or a tree one that does damage over time (kinda like the electric one from the first game).

The 11 free towers should offer plenty to play with if you don't want to buy the premium ones (I rarely ever bought premium heroes in past KR games unless there's a good sale).

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Potential Google Play haul:

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - £3.39
Monument Valley 2 - £0.75
Evoland - £0.89

That's good, right?

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
This looks very interesting. Only I understand that the final episode is not out yet, correct? And are the separate episodes IAPs?

They're all free so if you buy now you'll get the fifth and final chapter in January/February for free.

Edit:

The Tom & Jerry-inspired game by Amanita Design, Chuchel, is coming November 29 to iOS and Android!

Last edited:

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Chaos Reborn is on sale for $4.99 (from $9.99). Such a good game...that I need to get back to.

Chaos Reborn: Adventures by Big Blue Bubble
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chaos-reborn-adventures/id1361132034?mt=8

Speaking of that, the dev just answered me on toucharcade stating my only two gripes about the excellent game are being taken care of in a upcoming update (2019 tough).

Custom login (for device sync) and native iOS notifications.
Awesome.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Bought Pocket City for $1.99 excellent price! Seems a perfect fit for the iPad. Gonna look into Agent A.

Managed to also get some games for the phone:
Reigns: Her Majesty
Teeny Titans Go Figure
Monument Valley 2
The Room: Old Sins
All for 0.99 each.