• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
That Silent Abyss is really good. There's no story and it isn't quite as slick as those but fun gameplay. The two hero party mechanics give it some more dimension. And a very nice variety of cards and buffs.

Easy recommendation for $.99 for fans of Slay the Spire and Night of the Full Moon.

Anyone else check it out yet? Betting Pitta woild like it especially.

Last edited:

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
"Played" Her Story now on my iPad. I think it took me over an hour to get the conclusion but in them first videos I was already intrigued by whatever the hell happened.

The actress is quite good, great performance. And the game isn't creepy, it is actually a very entertaining experience. Very well written.

amazing how the "sisters" have different ways to express themselves over the same matter. While one couldn't care less about something, the other seems to give huge importance.
Will keep it installed so my girlfriend plays it someday.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
No!
Should I?
I've been a bit out of the loop recently...life, playing miniatures and on the Switch with my son had all my free time last weeks.

I think so. Nice little card strategy rogue-like that's a bit of mix of Slay the Spire, Night of the Full Moon and Darkest Dungeon. No story but two character party, good card variety and challenge. A steal for $.99 (with two $.99 IAPs if you want to more classes).

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I think so. Nice little card strategy rogue-like that's a bit of mix of Slay the Spire, Night of the Full Moon and Darkest Dungeon. No story but two character party, good card variety and challenge. A steal for $.99 (with two $.99 IAPs if you want to more classes).

Thanks, will check it out!!!

Twinfold is still my iOS obsession.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Been playing The Witness with the controller I got for Christmas.

Really phenomenal port, the game is absolutely gorgeous and barely has any compromises (just a slightly low quality in shadows, but not when it comes to puzzles involving shadows). Really not a fan of its touch movement controls (especially with how important positioning can be in the game), but with a gamepad it's perfect.

I've already played through it on PC but never 100%ed it. Even remembering the vast majority of the puzzles gimmicks, it's been long enough that some of the puzzles are still tricky (I still hate the tetris puzzles, haha).

I also played a bit of Talos Principle, but while it's port is solid, it isn't nearly as impressive of a port as The Witness. Graphics are lower quality and performance isn't as solid. Haven't decided if I want to keep going with it on iOS or play my PC copy if it.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, will check it out!!!

Twinfold is still my iOS obsession.

The more I play Silent Abyss, the more I love it. Such a great little game. I think I now like it more than Night of the Full Moon. Way more strategy involved. Clearly Slay the Spire inspired but the two character party gives you a ton more to think about as you are playing.

Can't believe how little they are charging for this gem!

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
What are people's favourite pick up and play games when you have a few mins and want to play something quick?

Some more portrait games that I play in quick bursts:

Piffle
Marbloid
Spitkiss
Miyamato
Pocket Run
Slydris 2
Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Tiny Bubbles
OK Golf
Minesweeper Genius
Night of the Full Moon

Marbloid and Slydris 2 are in my current rotation for arcade fixes. Miyamato and Night of the Full Moon are a bit longer games but each round is short.

Edit: oh and started playing Hit the Light as well. Fun take on the brick breaker genre.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018
Is there a more general mobile gaming thread?

That's not only for a few months?

I'm looking for a horror resident evil 2 style game on android. Thanks.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it is on Android but Bendy and the Ink Machine is also a fun horror game (PC port) if not as serious.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love these threads (main reason I come to ResetEra, daily), so I hope this suggestion isn't taken in the wrong way. I think we should just do a yearly thread and each month, or whenever More_Badass has time, update the first post with some of the recent greats. Most of the months have ended up shifted due to updating them being a time consuming process. Also, having them as one or two months sometimes breaks up some ongoing discussions. Since it is January 2019, maybe it wouldn't be a bad time to start a yearly thread? Sorry, if this is an unpopular idea.

Last edited:

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I love these threads (main reason I come to ResetEra, daily), so I hope this suggestion isn't taken in the wrong way. I think we should just do a yearly thread and each month, or whenever More_Badass has time, update the first post with some of the recent greats. Most of the months have ended up shifted due to updating them being a time consuming process. Also, having them as one or two months sometimes breaks up discussions. Since it is January 2019, maybe it wouldn't be a bad time to start a yearly thread?
I dont disagree, especially lately the thread has been fairly slow, and a yearly thread would probably get more people to subscribe to it for longer (I personally forget to refollow the thread sometimes when it gets a new one).

Threadmarks could also be used as a way to track monthly summaries as well.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On another topic, some 2019 hopefuls:
- Caves of Qud (mentioned that an iOS TestFlight might come slightly before PC version leaving Early Access).
- Dead Cells (had that odd pre-order entry on Google Play that was taken down since).
- Slay the Spire (ports suggested after full PC release)

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Into The Breach comes to mobile this year. I bought it on steam but the whole time I was like why isn't this on my iPad.

JCho133

Dec 13, 2017
Wait it would seem my profile picture was deleted.... hmmmm. Anyone remember what it was? I think it was Samus.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
I love these threads (main reason I come to ResetEra, daily), so I hope this suggestion isn't taken in the wrong way. I think we should just do a yearly thread and each month, or whenever More_Badass has time, update the first post with some of the recent greats. Most of the months have ended up shifted due to updating them being a time consuming process. Also, having them as one or two months sometimes breaks up some ongoing discussions. Since it is January 2019, maybe it wouldn't be a bad time to start a yearly thread? Sorry, if this is an unpopular idea.

I like this idea, too.

Deleted member 49574

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2018
Norway
Not sure if it is on Android but Bendy and the Ink Machine is also a fun horror game (PC port) if not as serious.

Yup it is on Android

This is a good idea

Punished Goku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like this idea More_Badass

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Agreed.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. This is the most activity this thread had had in weeks. It can get lonely in here, lol.

Terandle

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Apple would release a case for the iPhone with dual joysticks, dpad, and buttons. All the fortnite kids would buy it giving it the install base needed for real developer support. Nintendo could bring over it's games since they seem to love mobile these days.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I really wish Apple would release a case for the iPhone with dual joysticks, dpad, and buttons. All the fortnite kids would buy it giving it the install base needed for real developer support. Nintendo could bring over it's games since they seem to love mobile these days.

Razer is working on it for the Xbox 2 release, as streaming to your phone will be a feature

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
I approve the idea of yearly threads. The OP could contain absolute classics which are regularly recommended to newcomer as well as the highlights of the past year. As mentioned, threadmarks could be used to highlight monthly (or weekly) releasing games.

It's comprehensible that it is a a lot of work doing those monthly threads and while it is lovely when we have them, it would be possible to continue in another fashion I believe.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Steredenn still doesn't have X support even with this huge update? Oh well, guess I'll stick with Black Paradox.