• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017

Picked this up last night and it's really fun. Strategy is a bit different in that cards like spells and health are intermixed with the enemy cards in a line.

You can change the order in which you gain the spells/health/boosts along with when you want to fight the enemy. Attacks are die based like D&D. You can also buy equipment to increase your attacks and shield strength. And streaks of enemies and/or other cards can give you bonuses.

Seems simple at first but as things get tougher, it really takes some forward thinking and planning to succeed.

Last edited:

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Echo was a nice adventure game that was released in 2013, more than 5 years ago. Seems like Kickbackstudios have been working on a huge update since then. It features support for new devices, new animations and so much more:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lost-echo/id69304509

And apparently they removed it from the US store..

Edit: actually it's still there, just didn't come up from your link.

Lost Echo by KickBack
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lost-echo/id693045097?mt=8

Mike D

Nov 2, 2017
Lost Echo looks so good, may have to pick it up. The Holy Potatoes games are on sale, I bought the bundle that includes both games for 3 bucks.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Any recent great shoot'em'up I might have missed?
Realistic graphics, better if side scrolling.
Something like Sine Mora Ex (still my fav one, replaying it now...absolutely gorgeous) would be perfect.
Anything maybe announced?

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Any recent great shoot'em'up I might have missed?
Realistic graphics, better if side scrolling.
Something like Sine Mora Ex (still my fav one, replaying it now...absolutely gorgeous) would be perfect.
Anything maybe announced?

They don't have realistic graphics but Steredenn and Black Paradox are good side scrolling shumps. The latter is more or less a reskin if Steredenn and probably has less content but for some reason I prefer it. Maybe it's the 80s vibe it has. :)

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Really craving more Elder Scrolls: Blades news.

It's pretty much the main upcoming mobile game that I'm looking forward to (don't really know about what other mobile games are due for 2019).

Hope we don't have to wait for E3 or later before Blades comes out (or at least gets more news), but I know they want to bring it to pretty much every console, so maybe it's taking longer of they're planning a simultaneous release.

Pitta

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
They don't have realistic graphics but Steredenn and Black Paradox are good side scrolling shumps. The latter is more or less a reskin if Steredenn and probably has less content but for some reason I prefer it. Maybe it's the 80s vibe it has. :)

Thanks, I already had them in my radar (Black Paradox in particular) but even if I like pixel art a lot, I was looking at something more 'flashy'.
I'm replaying Sine Mora again, still awesome....I wish they updated it with the EX version for latest devices.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you to the mod who changed the title to 2019!

I'm thinking the subtitle may have to change too. How does "Mega thread, Mega backlog!" sound?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Really craving more Elder Scrolls: Blades news.

It's pretty much the main upcoming mobile game that I'm looking forward to (don't really know about what other mobile games are due for 2019).

Hope we don't have to wait for E3 or later before Blades comes out (or at least gets more news), but I know they want to bring it to pretty much every console, so maybe it's taking longer of they're planning a simultaneous release.
This year, I'm personally looking forward to:
-Void Tyrant
-Witcheye
-Where Cards Fall (hopefully)
-Diablo Immortal
-Moonraider
-Bscotch's next game
+ A lot more I can't think of right now

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, Diablo, definitely hope that's a good one.
The reveal of the game made it sound like the game was basically done and was gonna release early 2019 with a beta a few months before. I'm thinking they might have delayed the beta and release to either rework some elements of the game after the backlash or to give time until the vitriol dies down.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
The reveal of the game made it sound like the game was basically done and was gonna release early 2019 with a beta a few months before. I'm thinking they might have delayed the beta and release to either rework some elements of the game after the backlash or to give time until the vitriol dies down.
More than likely.
Similarly, I feel like Bethesda probably wanted to get some distance between Fallout 76 before they release Blades, either that or they needed as many people as possible to work on fixing Fallout 76.

jefjay

Oct 25, 2017
After Activision Blizzard's shenanigans last week they stated Blizzard will have no major releases in 2019. Including pushing back Diablo Immortal.

I'm curious, although highly skeptical, of Nintendo's mobile games: Mario Kart and Dr. Mario. Though what I'd really like to hear is if Slay the Spire is planned for mobile. Before the Switch release drops... whenever that is.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
After Activision Blizzard's shenanigans last week they stated Blizzard will have no major releases in 2019. Including pushing back Diablo Immortal.

I'm curious, although highly skeptical, of Nintendo's mobile games: Mario Kart and Dr. Mario. Though what I'd really like to hear is if Slay the Spire is planned for mobile. Before the Switch release drops... whenever that is.
Slay the Spire will be amazing on mobile. I'm actually currently playing Night of the Full Moon because I need that card-rogue like fix right now. Also, probably gonna redownload Meteorfall after that since it was just updated with a new character and a daily run mode recently.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
Slay the Spire will be amazing on mobile. I'm actually currently playing Night of the Full Moon because I need that card-rogue like fix right now. Also, probably gonna redownload Meteorfall after that since it was just updated with a new character and a daily run mode recently.

If you like Slay the Spire, you really should give Silent Abyss a shot. Very similar but has a two character party which honestly adds a bit more strategy. Great game and only a buck (plus $1 each for three additional characters if you want them).

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Snakebird Primer, an easier take on the difficult puzzler Snakebird, is out now on Apple TV (weirdly enough but should be out soon on iOS):
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/snakebird-primer/id1440486512

And Android:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NoumenonGames.SnakeBird_Touch_Primer
Oh that's great to hear. I saw Giant Bomb did a quick look for that game but I didn't even watch it because of how insanely hard the first Snake bird was. Don't even think I made it past the 3rd or 4th level.

Very well made game, but just too challenging for me personally so this might be perfect (unless this is too easy, haha).

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
If you like Slay the Spire, you really should give Silent Abyss a shot. Very similar but has a two character party which honestly adds a bit more strategy. Great game and only a buck (plus $1 each for three additional characters if you want them).
Yeah, that's in my backlog currently. Definitely excited to try that one out as well.

Feb 10, 2018
I hope elder Scrolls blades is well optimised for android phones, I know my android is capable of it.
I hate that there is exclusive optimisation deals, like fortnite favours Samsung over other android phones.

Oct 27, 2017
Glad you said that. I haven't bit yet. Was hesitant on the controls. Maybe when the price drops.

What didn't you like about it?

The gameplay is suuuuper basic. Graphics are sub par and also seem scaled on iPhone XS Max.
Even with more weapons and the unlocks I can't see it improving much. The balance means it takes hours of play until you get anywhere close to interesting unlocks. The swipe mechanic to move your character feels poor and uninteresting.

First game in a long time I've been tempted to get a refund on. Wish I'd spent it on snakebird primer instead.

awp69

Oct 25, 2017
The gameplay is suuuuper basic. Graphics are sub par and also seem scaled on iPhone XS Max.
Even with more weapons and the unlocks I can't see it improving much. The balance means it takes hours of play until you get anywhere close to interesting unlocks. The swipe mechanic to move your character feels poor and uninteresting.

First game in a long time I've been tempted to get a refund on. Wish I'd spent it on snakebird primer instead.

That sucks. Thanks for the impressions!

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Dead Cells will show up at that Google Conference in March, I'm still curious what Devolver has in mind with that game.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
PikPok just released our latest update for Into the Dead 2, this time supporting a large 2 week event for the Ghostbusters franchise. Trailer to give you a sense of what we have done here

Into the Dead 2 is a free to play game, but you can access and play through the full Ghostbusters campaign for free.

Killercow

Oct 26, 2017
PikPok just released our latest update for Into the Dead 2, this time supporting a large 2 week event for the Ghostbusters franchise. Trailer to give you a sense of what we have done here

Into the Dead 2 is a free to play game, but you can access and play through the full Ghostbusters campaign for free.

That's really neat! Nice crossover and seems like a lot went into making it its own thing.

In sadder news, massive layoffs happened at FireMonkeys and Real Racing 4 is cancelled, seems like FireMonkeys (which developed the excellent Dead Space for Mobile) won't be putting out a new game anytime soon:
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2019/02/eas-australian-studio-hit-by-massive-layoffs/

Last edited:

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I just got an iPad after being out of the tablet game for a while, is there a list anywhere of the best games that are exclusive to iOS ? Curious to try out some games that I have never been able to before ( as always had android)