• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
I searched around and didn't see one of these threads yet, so I figured I'd get one started.

The premise is simple: post screenshots of your mobile device's homescreen setup.

Here are some general suggestions for keeping posts consistent and informative in this thread:
  • Smart device displays are rather high resolution these days, so please place your screenshots in quote boxes to keep the size of posts down. People can always click the pictures to see them in full-res.
  • If you can spare the extra time and effort, please name and/or link any custom widgets, icon packs, or wallpapers featured on your homescreen. This helps people discover new options for their own devices while also cutting down the number of "what is that icon pack?" posts that can clutter up the thread.
  • Don't worry about how your homescreen compares to others in the thread. Everyone has different preferences, so you're likely to see setups that run the gamut from bone stock to so customized that they barely resemble the OS that they're running on anymore.
  • All smart devices are welcome. If it runs on a mobile OS (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc.) it is welcome here.
Without further ado, I'll kick us off with my current setup:
5UlIyh2.jpg

Device: Nexus 6P
Launcher: Action Launcher
Wallpaper: Made it myself
Icon Pack: Lines

Currently rocking a single-page homescreen with a handful of widgets tucked into a panel that slides out from the right. The apps in my dock all reveal either widgets or other commonly-used apps with a swipe-up gesture on their icons; this is another feature of Action Launcher that I love. All other apps are accessed via an alphabetical jump-list that can be swiped out from the left.

The system navbar icons were customized using Custom Navigation Bar.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Just downloaded nova launcher. So much better looking than the stock LG look...

Phone: LG5
Nova launcher
Icon pack: Lines Free
Widget: Came with Lines Free
Wallpaper is my own photo

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to try out this Nova Launcher since everyone seems to be rocking it.

Moto G4 Plus
9f98f7a2fc.png

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
Some lovely screens in this thread. Here's my current KLWP that I've made on my Galaxy S8. pressing the info icon swaps between the audio cover art widget and a notifications/calendar area (calendar appointments display when there's no notifications). there's also a day/night mode. Also using Nova Launcher.

Last edited:

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017

This is what I'm using right now. Pretty basic, but still way better than my phone's default home screen.

Wallpaper: Source (Links to Pixiv, a Japanese art site that can be NSFW at times. The link itself is fine though)
Icon Pack: Shimu Lite
Clock: Chronus (Mostly just to have something with customizable colours)
Launcher: Nova Launcher

I have a question for anyone who's more experienced when it comes to customization. Is it possible to somehow "lock" the clock widget so that it shows on every page of the home screen. Right now, I just copied it on every one of the 3 pages, but that still means it shows a transition effect every time I switch a page (and I also have to change all 3 widgets if I want to change something). I'd just like the clock to show up on every page like it's part of the background.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Speak friend...and enter:

Device: Galaxy Note 4
Launcher: Nova Launcher
Icons: Camera, Instagram, Samsung internet browser, Reddit, Spotify, PocketCasts, App Drawer

Last edited:

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Nova launcher
Icon pack: Lines Free

Same setup as in my last post but on an LG V30. I'm in love...

Give me that bezeless future

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's a good place to find high res wallpaper for 1440p screens?

Bonus if they have stuff for the new 18x9 aspect ratio.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I'm using Nova Launcher as well, how do keep a single screen set up but use to.scroll the icons on one line?

In the Nova 'Dock' settings you can set how many dock pages you have. You can also set it to infinite so you can keep swiping left or right and specify how many icons you want on a dock page.

Jazzy

Oct 25, 2017
lb4iWOq.jpg

Action Launcher 3 with wallpaper from Zedge.
Basic icons and pixel navbar stripe.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I searched around and didn't see one of these threads yet, so I figured I'd get one started.

Single Android screen, interior of Sainte Chapelle in Paris. No apps over the picture. Seven entries in the dock, from left to right:
  • Telephone.
  • Folder full of commonly used apps.
  • Folder full of shortcuts to file folders for ongoing projects. I use the File Expert file manager app.
  • Calendar app.
  • Photos app.
  • Another folder full of commonly used apps.
  • Inbox (my current email app).
I like gesture shortcuts. Mine are:
  • Double tap: Chrome browser
  • Swipe down: Onepunch notes app.
Although I have other gestures, I never use them in practice.

Because I have a single screen, I've got the Home button set to open the app drawer.

My home screen manager is Apex.

If you'd like to see what it looks like, visit this wiki page:

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sainte_Chapelle_-_Upper_level_1.jpg