• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess with that G Gundam thread popping up the other day and with the 40th anniversary right around the corner, I've just been in such a strong mood for it lately. So with that said, I figured that maybe we should all share some of our favorite moments from 4 decades worth of television, movies, and the like within the franchise. Pretty much everything counts -- whether it's the OG anime series or *chuckles* G-Saviour of all things.

For me personally, one of my all-time favourite moments somehow was when the Unicorn Gundam debuted for the first time in the OVA. I feel like this gonna be somewhat controversial considering all the other stuff that's happened in the UC shows, but I think it really hammered home for me because:
  • I watched the first episode of Gundam Unicorn around very big and exciting life changes at the time, so I have a lot of sentimentality towards it as well actually.
  • At the time I watched it, I was kind of put off by everything Gundam-related since SEED Destiny. I saw some of 00 throughout its run, but that never clicked with me either. This moment though... it just made me fall in love with the thing over again. And I say that as a person who didn't even grow up with the UC timeline.
  • On that note, the OVA itself was also a big part of why I either started digging deeper or revisiting more of the main timeline series I had missed out or barely remembered as a kid throughout the years.
Finally, let's face it: the music and visuals of that scene were hype as fuck.

giphy.gif

tumblr_n5zsbsoQes1t06ubmo1_400.gif

Your turn ERA. I am also expecting many Bright-slaps and Kira hacks.

Fuck Riddhe

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, too many to share. 0079 TV is the GOAT, though.

A lot of my favorite moments don't really have clips floating around, but Zeta has a bunch of my favorite action sequences and MS designs.

Foxtastical

Oct 27, 2017
For me, 0080 hits the strongest still. I dunno, the video from Bernie always gets me. I love Hayter's voice over in it and everything.

"By the way, say hi to Chris."

Got lots of Gundam memories, I'll share more later.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't find the video, but I would watch a 1 hour loop of katz death scene and love every second of it.

Same with Heero telling Relena that he is going to kill her

treble

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've always wanted to get into Gundam. Is there a place to easily watch the original series? I've only seen the version on Netflix.

Oct 28, 2017
Some 0079 spoilers

Your turn ERA. I am also expecting many Bright-slaps and Kira hacks.
Yup.
p8UHatL.gif

Legit personal top moments right now would be [Gundam ZZ spoilers!] the Dublin colony drop arc and [Chars Counterattack] the Axis shock is definitely very memorable, but I'm still new to the franchise in general.

That said Moon-moon exists and Elpeo Ple is literally named after a series of loli hentai. Like, why.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to find the scene of Wing Zero blowing the fuck out of Mariemaia's shelter at the end of Endless Waltz but apparently Bandai doesn't want me to. So...

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've always wanted to get into Gundam. Is there a place to easily watch the original series? I've only seen the version on Netflix.
Though not the entire 50-something episode anime series itself, the GundamInfo YouTube channel makes the full compilation movie trilogy version available to watch during special occasions.

I'd imagine they would do so again once the actual anniversary hits, so you can keep an eye out.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The ending of 0080 is the only piece of media to actually make me cry. War In A Pocket will always be a favorite.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Mostly familiar with Gundam Wing, haven't watched many of the others.
One of my favourite scene is from Endless Waltz(besides "Roger that").

Gundam Wing also has one of my favourites OP

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I got the MSG movie trilogy set for Christmas. Been looking forward to diving into them after watching The Origin but just haven't had the time.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gundam Iron Blodded Orphans is one of my favorite gundam series in a long time. The focus on real artillery instead of lasers was a welcome change. Mikazuki was also abadass protagonist.

Also Vidar was such a cool suit before it got those extra parts.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I think I started Gundam with when they choose to broadcast Wing but never manage to follow more than a few episodes.
Watched Seed and Destiny in full, it was kind of nice.
Unicorn is on Netflix, if you haven't watch it, just close your browser and just DO THAT NOW!
WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE.

So you watched Unicorn already?
There's Iron Blooded Orphans on Youtube for some goddamn reason, full 2 seasons subtitled in more languages than I care to count (and even English dub too if you're into that).

If I had to choose a highlight, it would be the Earth reentry battle in each and every Gundam I watched.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory is probably my all time favorite. At only 13 episodes though, it's hard to compare to the full on shows.

Gundam 00 might be my favorite non-UC show, but it's been awhile since I've seen it.

Just got the first 4 volumes of the Gundam The Origin manga. Can't wait to read more, it really surpassed my expectations.

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't find the video, but I would watch a 1 hour loop of katz death scene and love every second of it.

Same with Heero telling Relena that he is going to kill her
Yazan Gable and an asteroid did the best thing in the series.
It's been a while since I watched Zeta so my memory is hazy, but I wasn't aware Katz was disliked that much lol

If anything, he kind of felt like white noise to me for the most part, but again, it's been a while.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely loved SEED as a teen ( I guess I was part of the target audience lol). Back then didn't really even hate Destiny that much because I was such a SEED fanboy. Other great gundam shows that I have watched since are The 08th MS Team, Iron Blooded Orphans and Build Fighters. First season of 00 was good too. Maybe it's because I watched it straight after SEED and Destiny but found Wing very boring back in a day. Maybe I should rewatch it some day.

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Again, didn't really care for 00, but it was all worth it for the fake movie they did in the actual movie.

(also enjoyed how whoever subtitled this clearly had a sense of humor too)

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of a shameless bump but I can't let this thread die without at least having a G Gundam mention here lol

I don't know how we got even this bit far without it

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
I have only seen Unicorn so my highlight would be the OP for Ep. 18 of RE:0096. RE: I AM by Aimer and Sawano

The english version of RE: I AM is even better.

I plan on watching more UC stuff in future like Narrative, The Origin and the OG movie trilogy.

As a european, where can I watch The Origin legally?

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have only seen Unicorn so my highlight would be the OP for Ep. 18 of RE:0096. RE: I AM by Aimer and Sawano

The english version of RE: I AM is even better.

I plan on watching more UC stuff in future like Narrative, The Origin and the OG movie trilogy.

As a european, where can I watch The Origin legally?
As far as I know, the last episode of Origin is available through GundamInfo on YouTube, but I think for everything else, you'd just have to buy them physically at this point.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
0083 is where I began my Gundam journey so it will always have a special place in my heart. Plus the opening theme kicks fucking ass.

SpaceSong

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's a line. "I don't trust a man who doesn't cry." Unicorn is amazing and every Gundam fan should watch it.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of Gundam I immediately go to Kira getting Strike Freedom

then to my favorite intro which I never understood why it was hated. The only intro I can sing along to.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I know, the last episode of Origin is available through GundamInfo on YouTube, but I think for everything else, you'd just have to buy them physically at this point.
The Origin is on Hulu if you have it.

My favorite moment is kinda spoilery from Zeta, but
Four's death, and in particular Char and Amuro's reaction to it, bring confronted with youngsters playing out the same tragedy that befell them and showing that they appeared to have matured...just a great, subtle moment that Char's Counterattack completely ruins.

The moment that sticks out most in my memory from Unicorn is Banagher's "I can't shoot!"

Another favorite is OP 1 from 0083. That song rules so hard.

Oct 26, 2017
It's been a while since I watched Zeta so my memory is hazy, but I wasn't aware Katz was disliked that much lol

If anything, he kind of felt like white noise to me for the most part, but again, it's been a while.

Dude took all the annoying traits Kamille and Amuro had in the beginnings of their series, multiplied by 100, and learned none of the lessons they did to become better people. He's the most bratty, ignorant, reckless person in a Gundam series I've watched, which includes most of the U.C., G, Wing, Seed, 00, and Orphans.

Sure, one could call his fate basically what happens to kids who can't grow up or some shit in war, but man, was it a relief when he left the show.