• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Greetings, Warriors of Light.

Thank you for playing and supporting MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY throughout the years.

After many difficult discussions, Square Enix ended service for the Japanese version of MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY in December 2019, after the Warrior of Despair story concluded.

Service for the global version of the game will continue until the Warrior of Despair story has concluded on June 30, 2020, at 6:00 pm PDT (UTC-7), at which time service for it, too, will end.

The schedule until end of service is as follows.
-----------------------------------------
[Future Schedule]
■Jan. 15, 2020 at 7:00 pm PST (UTC-8)
・End-of-service notification (this notice)
■Mar. 31, 2020 at 8:00 pm PDT (UTC-7)
・End of "Magicite" sales in the global version of the game
* Any purchased "Magicite" can be used until the end of service.
■ Jun. 30, 2020 at 6:00 pm PDT (UTC-7)
・End of service
--------------------------------------------

We would like to express our deepest gratitude to all our players who have supported us since service began back on August 3, 2016. It is with heavy heart that we must now bring you this sad news.

We will continue to implement updates to in-game events, including the conclusion of the Warrior of Despair story, until the end of service, so it is our fondest hope that you will see our adventurers' fates out to the very last.

Thank you for fighting alongside the Warriors of Light and for being a part of the world of Mobius Final Fantasy. May you continue to bring the light of hope to those around you.

January 15, 2020
MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY Operations Team

Source: http://information.mobiusfinalfanta...945eba16cdb78b88508a40d8b232db0ee77bbd32.html

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god yes I've been waiting for this!

Sorry for those that enjoy this but there are one too many FF mobile games to keep on top of and this is legit the worst game I've ever played

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Sad. I kinda liked it. Hope they can make a legacy version of the story so it can't be lost.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Kinda expected this sooner because Record Keeper and Brave Exvius seem to be way more consistent than it.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was obviously going to happen. There was a bug towards the end of last year that kept many players out of playing for weeks, and they took that long to fix it. I think fewer than 10,000 play the game on global a week (and even that includes people like me that only play a tiny amount). If there's little money coming in and maintenance costs going out...it's not going to be worth it.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I have this on Steam, will the game be completely unplayable after this date or just not updated?

I guess it signs into a server when you launch the game?

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing to indicate that Record Keeper is in any trouble, and it is developed by a completely different company.
It's not doing bad exactly, but it's not doing gangbusters like Exvius either. That's why I said it'll probably be safe for another year at least. Mobile games tend to have a limited life expectancy, and RK is getting long in the tooth.

May 13, 2019
It's not doing bad exactly, but it's not doing gangbusters like Exvius either. That's why I said it'll probably be safe for another year at least. Mobile games tend to have a limited life expectancy, and RK is getting long in the tooth.
Man, I was under the impression that RK was one of the most profitable mobile games and it was Brave Exvius the one lagging behind.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I was under the impression that RK was one of the most profitable mobile games and it was Brave Exvius the one lagging behind.
Yeah that was surprising but I guess RK is getting really old.
I hope Dissidia is doing good as well, I love that game.
Exvius does more, but FFRK is doing fine + keeps chugging along, and it has a dedicated fanbase. And again, two different companies developing two different games.

Exvius isn't that young either, both are entering their fourth and fifth year respectively.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
RK ranked #61 in Japan for 2019 and grossed around $36m, slightly more than FFBE (#66). It's not going anywhere.

FFBE is far more popular in the West though.

May 13, 2019
Yeah that was surprising but I guess RK is getting really old.
I hope Dissidia is doing good as well, I love that game.
Record Keeper was the first mobile game I played. I dropped it simply because I lost my progress after a mishap when porting my profile to a new device. Then I started playing BE. Still do and I am fervently waiting for the next storyline update.

xvius does more, but FFRK is doing fine + keeps chugging along, and it has a dedicated fanbase. Aness d again, two different companies developing two different games.

Exvius isn't that young either, both are entering their fourth and fifth year respectively.
I see. Guess I kind of jumped the gun here.

As for Mobius, I read that it is a pretty divisible game, possessing a higher difficulty than you'd expect from a mobile game and it was not overly reliant on paying to win. Could that have played a role on its demise?

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Gutted, this is the only ff mobile game I play, really enjoyed the sarcastic bastard main character

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Sorry for the fans. Especially the whales.

I sincerely hope FFRK isn't going anywhere. Even though all Realm dungeons are approaching final boss territory, the meta (I feel) is at an incredibly fun state at the moment. Omnia is the closest to scratch that itch, but isn't the same.

If it ever goes down, I hope Dena has plans for a sequel with the same pixel-style graphics, but with more polish (loading times, etc.).

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As for Mobius, I read that it is a pretty divisible game, possessing a higher difficulty than you'd expect from a mobile game and it was not overly reliant on paying to win. Could that have played a role on its demise?
I would disagree strongly with that last sentence. All through ACT1 the advice I got was 'oh you should have some supreme cards' which were extremely rare, especially given the game is stingy with magicite. ACT2 is now super easy, but ACT1 I constantly felt like if I didn't buy crystals I'd fall behind.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
Sorry for the fans. Especially the whales.

I sincerely hope FFRK isn't going anywhere. Even though all Realm dungeons are approaching final boss territory, the meta (I feel) is at an incredibly fun state at the moment. Omnia is the closest to scratch that itch, but isn't the same.

If it ever goes down, I hope Dena has plans for a sequel with the same pixel-style graphics, but with more polish (loading times, etc.).

Same. RK is easily the most fun I've had with a mobile game looking to capture fans of whatever thing, and definitely the best among the FF mobile games IMO.

May 13, 2019
I would disagree strongly with that last sentence. All through ACT1 the advice I got was 'oh you should have some supreme cards' which were extremely rare, especially given the game is stingy with magicite. ACT2 is now super easy, but ACT1 I constantly felt like if I didn't buy crystals I'd fall behind.
So they eventually lowered the difficulty? I was unaware of that.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I have this on Steam, will the game be completely unplayable after this date or just not updated?

I guess it signs into a server when you launch the game?
It won't be playable anymore. The game is 100% online and uses Square Enix's servers, which they're shutting down for this game.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Mobius wasn't fun, despite the game having a bigger budget and huge crossovers with other FF games.

Another Toriyama game that failed, let's see how FFVII Remake fares next.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Never really got into it, but thought it was impressive graphically for a mobile game.
Hope it remains playable offline or something (Probably not), which massively sucks for these types of games.
Imagine the people that paid a lot into it and could be left with nothing.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The game's way better than I was expecting it to be, and that includes the story. It also lasted way longer than I thought it would.

I might pop back in to see where the story ends up.

RIP.

Jan 11, 2018
How difficult would it be to get all the achievements for it before the service ends, if starting from scratch and not willing to pay for mtx?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
RK ranked #61 in Japan for 2019 and grossed around $36m, slightly more than FFBE (#66). It's not going anywhere.

FFBE is far more popular in the West though.
That's actually news to me! Last time I checked, it was RK that was lagging behind in Japan. As far as I'm concerned, it can stick around for as long as they want. It's clearly a product of love.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Tried it a few weeks ago, it looked good but reminded how much I mostly hate this kind of mobile game. The story felt also so pretentious and uninteresting at the same time.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
RK must be dirt cheap to produce, I don't see it going away soon

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Played this one briefly on PC, was just very confused. It's pretty though.

Things like this happening are why I'm so hesitant to even try Square Enix's mobile offerings. That and the ones I've tried have been super boring after about 30 minutes.

This will free Toriyama up to direct FFVIIR-2 😏

not gonna lie, I'd love to see a Lightning outfit for Cloud, just to know what it'd even look like.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I tried it for a bit back when it launched, but it just didn't stick for me

Unfortunate, but hopefully Dissidia Opera Omnia and Brave Exvius are doing better

See part of me almost does want to try Brave Exvius but at the same time I worry that it too will shut down.

At least with Mobius I got 2 years out of it. Really had fun. :(

Edit: But what I liked about Mobius was the job collection. I'm not sure I want another game that is about collecting a bunch of characters.

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
See part of me almost does want to try Brave Exvius but at the same time I worry that it too will shut down.

At least with Mobius I got 2 years out of it. Really had fun. :(
Nah, BE is actually doing quite well. It's very popular, at least on Google Play its up there

Plus the constant, consistent updates are a good sign

If you haven't yet though, and are a big FF fan, I'd recommend Dissidia first, as it focuses on the FF characters, whereas BE focuses on original characters

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, BE is actually doing quite well. It's very popular, at least on Google Play its up there

Plus the constant, consistent updates are a good sign

If you haven't yet though, and are a big FF fan, I'd recommend Dissidia first, as it focuses on the FF characters, whereas BE focuses on original characters

Is BE all about character collection? One thing I liked about Mobius is that it felt refreshing from other mobile games because you collected classes and there wasn't the whole (1 - 6 Star upgrading system).

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck. I can't stand most mobile RPGs, but Mobius really hit that sweetspot for me.

I hope this makes Square Enix release the soundtrack where they've put the rest of the FF soundtracks.

Goodbye Palamecia.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of the gacha games I've played sporadically over the years. I was not a big fan of it at all, but I had friends that were into it so I stuck around longer than I probably would have otherwise.

As someone who has played and quit many gacha games (I recently did a purge and deleted all of them other than FFBE) I imagine it's both a blessing and a curse when your gacha of choice finally shuts down cause if you're anything like me (and many others in the FFBE community) more often than not we feel trapped in these things and keep playing them daily out of habit.

Can't imagine what it's like to have whaled on one of these to the extent that I know some people do and have all that money disappear into the aether. I'd go on a big rant about how much I hate gacha games as a genre and how vile I think they are as a business model, but instead I'll just say that even if you're a f2p or light spender like me, avoid the genre completely if you've done so thus far.