• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Is BE all about character collection? One thing I liked about Mobius is that it felt refreshing from other mobile games because you collected classes and there wasn't the whole (1 - 6 Star upgrading system).
BE is indeed about character collection, and it does do the 1-6 (well, 7 now) Star upgrading thing

In Dissidia you get the characters from the story, but the gatcha element is for weapons and armor (which also have the upgrading thing, and some of them give your characters limit breaks basically)

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
BE is indeed about character collection, and it does do the 1-6 (well, 7 now) Star upgrading thing

In Dissidia you get the characters from the story, but the gatcha element is for weapons and armor (which also have the upgrading thing, and some of them give your characters limit breaks basically)

I think I will hold off then. I don't think I can handle another Mobile game with the 1-6 star system. It's honestly getting so annoying.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I tried this game for a couple hours in 2016 and it was....OK, but I never went back to it. Sucks that it will be unplayable though for those who do still play and have thrown a lot of cash at it :/

This reminds me that I should redownload FF Brave EXVIUS. I played it at launch and it was prettty fun and I had no idea it was still around.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I will never take live service mobile gaming seriously. If you can't play the game offline, it will eventually be lost forever.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I played Mobius for a while but the story progression is even more cumbersome and mindnumbing than Brave Exvius. The maps are just too large with too many nodes, and there isn't enough variety between each fight. All I needed to do was equip my broken Grand Cross supreme ability on one of my rare classes with a legendary skin and my rare weapon and hit any wave once. If it didn't kill them, they'd all be stunned for like four turns and have crippling debuffs on them to be wiped out with one more swing.

Some semblance of a game began to emerge with multiplayer battles, but it's annoying to put together parties on mobile. They should have shortened the length of time you spend as one character and then made the other characters playable alongside, so you'd be taking the multiplayer experience and adapting it into a more familiar solo FF experience.

Last edited:

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully, they'll take the assets and put them all together for a standard console game. There's a lot to pull from.

Fuck, I'm really going to miss this game.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I would enjoy Brave Exvius more if every other week the game didn't have to download a 2 gig patch. Why are patches so big for a 2D sprite game?

Koeta

Dec 12, 2017
This is why I can't get into many mobile games, they are always being shut down the second they aren't making enough $$$
wouldn't be so bad if they had an offline mode of some sort where you could keep what you bought/earned and work on the remaining content the game has, but for it all just to go away sucks.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
They better not...

Been playing FFRK since it's release in 2014

(Thankfully haven't spent s single penny 😂)

@ot - is mobius worth getting in just for the story?
Honestly, the story is pretty good.

Though, there are people online who have recorded all the cutscenes in this game, so you won't need to play through it if you don't want to.
Here's a full "Movie" version of the chapter 1 storyline.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Honestly, the story is pretty good.

Though, there are people online who have recorded all the cutscenes in this game, so you won't need to play through it if you don't want to.
Here's a full "Movie" version of the chapter 1 storyline.

Is the story easy to go through since I am interested in playing the game lol

Short? Long? Hard?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Is the story easy to go through since I am interested in playing the game lol

Short? Long? Hard?
It can be fairly long, though it doesn't get too hard, I think. I think a lot of people have trouble understanding how Mobius plays, though.

The game also has a recap section for the first season, so you can complete that quick and go straight to season 2. It does gloss over several details, though.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Is mobius an FF1 prequel or a different universe from that game the warrior of light is the same one in dissdia or a different character??

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing it shortly after launch. It looked nice for a mobile game. I dropped it shortly after tutorial since it wasn't that interesting.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any grinding or gacha shit I gotta worry about?

I just wanna do the story, don't care for MP

Not really. The story doesn't require much of the gacha stuff. I don't remember grinding much for the story either other than wanting to due to getting an new class. But generally the story is pretty easy. Just very long.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Is there any grinding or gacha shit I gotta worry about?

I just wanna do the story, don't care for MP
I would say no. I never bought anything (I'm part of the problem) and I didn't have to grind. Most of the enemies are super easy with only a few bosses being slogs to get through but they are usually in side areas that open up after you complete a chapter.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The only game to have a man changed for being too sexy....he shall live in game history

uqsbqgziy3wtinoqly9q.png

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
NOOOOOO

this is the only game I play regularly on mobile platform
although I'm not that hardcore compared to reddit users (only F2P), i've collected some good cards and jobs

WHY? :(

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a shame. I remember trying it but I just couldn't get into it at all.

Hopefully Opera Omnia stays kicking, one of the few mobile games I've stuck with for a long time now.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
Finally went through the final chapter today after replaying all the events that came back. So long Mobius it was a fun ride!