• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017

Rahv68M.jpg

There's been lot's of speculation on who was the reference for the new Jill and now we got confirmation by the model herself. I think Sasha has a great likeness for Jill Valentine and I'm glad to see how ecstatic she is to have gotten the role and now be part of the community. :)

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Her face looks closer to the 3D model than Claire did. Also she is beautiful and makes me wonder who played the role of Carlos now

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is Capcom definitely sourcing multiple modelling agencies now then for accuracy?

The rumour being Chris looks the way he did because he was the closest model in the only agency they were using for RE7.

Very happy for her. Jill is an amazing character to play. ❤️

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I think most of us really liked Julia Voth, but I think Sasha looks a lot more like the OG Jill Inezh than Julia. Great choice!

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
Strikingly beautiful lady, yet believable as a hardass military type.

I'm seeing traces of 90s Milla Jovovich, and some Keri Russell. Which is just fine and dandy.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the woman nerds all across the internet (including here) have been calling ugly?

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I think "kind of" was used here in a hesitant way (in order to avoid coming across as creepy). Or, maybe it's because they were surprised the model was cute whereas they don't find Jill Valentine cute. Either way, I don't think they meant to mean that Sasha is only partly cute.

I am from the 90s so maybe they don't understand. Jill always attractive but I thought this Jill was just plain. Looks like she is not. I really don't care if people think I come across "creepy" because people just say anything nowadays. Words seem to lose their meaning.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I've never been big on face scanning anyway, but now we're replacing face models? In live action stuff that might make sense if they age or something, but in video games where that doesn't matter at all, why would you just change the look a character has had for nearly 20 years?

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
I've never been big on face scanning anyway, but now we're replacing face models? In live action stuff that might make sense if they age or something, but in video games where that doesn't matter at all, why would you just change the look a character has had for nearly 20 years?

I think it's great. As graphics get better and better there's only so much a digital artist can do to design an attractive character model before they all end up looking generic. I'm starting to feel this about something like Final Fantasy. The faces mostly have a standard set of features they consider attractive. Get a model, however, and you instantly have an attractive, distinctive and memorable face. Case in point - they also used model for Final Fantasy Kingsglaive and I still remember the women's faces; they were so attractive.

But if you meant why they changed Jill's face model.....why not? Time for a fresh look.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's great. As graphics get better and better there's only so much a digital artist can do to design an attractive character model before they all end up looking generic. I'm starting to feel this about something like Final Fantasy. The faces mostly have a standard set of features they consider attractive. Get a model, however, and you instantly have an attractive, distinctive and memorable face. Case in point - they also used model for Final Fantasy Kingsglaive and I still remember the women's faces; they were so attractive.

But if you meant why they changed Jill's face model.....why not? Time for a fresh look.

In reality most "beautiful" models tend to have have very similar faces, since the standard of beauty is basically set around defined proportions and symmetry. Rather than being distinctively beautiful, real life women are generally considered attractive by how closely they match the western, anglo-centric, codified standard of beauty.

The standard is much different for men, who are allowed far greater morphological variety while still being considered attractive.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
In reality most "beautiful" models tend to have have very similar faces, since the standard of beauty is basically set around defined proportions and symmetry. Rather than being distinctively beautiful, real life women are generally considered attractive by how closely they match the western, anglo-centric, codified standard of beauty.

The standard is much different for men, who are allowed far greater morphological variety while still being considered attractive.

Sure but I think Capcom's been doing a good job choosing them. The ladies in DMC5, Claire, pretty distinct.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017

Fresh look? You just said the benefit of face scanning was to have a distinctive look, which they've had since 2001 If the whole point is to give the character a distinctive look it makes even less sense to toss it out after becoming iconic.

So this is the woman nerds all across the internet (including here) have been calling ugly?

I've seen this sort of comment in the past regarding face scans and it never makes sense to me; there are plenty of face scans that look "ugly" when the model is extremely attractive in real life, example: most of the faces in Mass Effect.

Melody Shreds

Oct 25, 2017
Terminal Dogma
Fresh look? You just said the benefit of face scanning was to have a distinctive look, which they've had since 2001 If the whole point is to give the character a distinctive look it makes even less sense to toss it out after becoming iconic.

I've seen this sort of comment in the past regarding face scans and it never makes sense to me; there are plenty of face scans that look "ugly" when the model is extremely attractive in real life, example: most of the faces in Mass Effect.
What? I'm pretty sure Capcom has used a different model(like irl model) for Jill pretty every game she appeared in since REmake. I don't think she's ever had a consistent face.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Weird, somehow doesn't even look like her.

Wish it looked more like the real person. The pic on the left looks more Jill to me (the face) somehow.

The in-game model is fine/good though. No problems with it.

Oct 31, 2017
Happened recently with Fallen Order, too. Everyone is trying to grandstand and say we need more "realistic" heroes and other player characters and then Cal comes along, still a somewhat attractive human, and everyone is talking about how ugly he is. Gets really old.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
What? I'm pretty sure Capcom has used a different model(like irl model) for Jill pretty every game she appeared in since REmake. I don't think she's ever had a consistent face.

Prior to this game, Julia Voth has been the likeness used for Jill until Revelations. Revelations they just went to Maya on Voth's face to get away from continuing to pay for her likeness.

I wonder when or if they'll redo Rebecca's model. Since from RE0, she's just Ayumi Hamasaki's face but made caucasian.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
It's kind of cool that this seems to be Capcom's new way of visualizing characters (unless this is just for these two remakes)

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care for the new model. I also don't think it looks much like her; she's quite attractive.

I wasn't a fan of Claire's in 2 either. Oh well.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Hope she's ready for creeps infesting her insta lol.

But I think she makes a great Jill Valentine. Better than her latest face in Revelations.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It looks like they completely changed her eyes. I guess it's probably more lifelike to do a face scan and edit rather than create a face from scratch.